Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Sony Playstation Spider-Man

Started by madhair60, September 06, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hecate

Aaaa, I don't like it! Have I done something wrong?

Spiderman's probably alright, come to think of it. One of the lads.

madhair60

Just that long list mate, no need for it. Nobody here is saying that stuff. It's bad enough when Bosto drones the fuck on about "shit-munchers", as though playing Clu Clu Land makes you better than someone who enjoyed Gears of War.

I dunno I just don't get the "us and them" stuff. I mean SNES vs Mega Drive when I was a kid, yeah.

popcorn

I continue to have absolutely no idea what Hecate is saying at any moment.

MojoJojo

Is there a level where you have to get out of a bath?

Hecate

Quote from: madhair60 on September 07, 2018, 09:41:54 AM
It's bad enough when Bosto drones the fuck on about "shit-munchers"

Hehe, crabby's ace. Really good fun. Endearingly mischievous, twinkle in eye, tongue in cheek, fish up bum.

The filth on gaming forums discussing spiderman will consider it hardcore hobbyist gaming.
"Yeah, go back to 'cut this rope' on yer ma's smartphone mate, you couldn't handle the spiderman experience. This is for the players."

I ain't no snob, whether you play cod and fifa exclusively or only the most obscure doujin games that didn't make comiket, you're still a gamer and thus I fucking hate you.

I can see how it would have come across as sneering though. Sorry about that. and reading it back, it's terrible shit that I can't remember posting and it's not much fun having to defend.

Opening the thread with "Anyone give a single solitary SHIT about this'n?" is a bit of a leading question though, you have to admit. I like spidermen, I was just trying to fit in!

Bhazor

Does it have Toby Macquire jazz fighting? No? Then its garbage.

madhair60

Quote from: Hecate on September 07, 2018, 10:56:14 AM
Hehe, crabby's ace. Really good fun. Endearingly mischievous, twinkle in eye, tongue in cheek, fish up bum.

The filth on gaming forums discussing spiderman will consider it hardcore hobbyist gaming.
"Yeah, go back to 'cut this rope' on yer ma's smartphone mate, you couldn't handle the spiderman experience. This is for the players."

I ain't no snob, whether you play cod and fifa exclusively or only the most obscure doujin games that didn't make comiket, you're still a gamer and thus I fucking hate you.

I can see how it would have come across as sneering though. Sorry about that. and reading it back, it's terrible shit that I can't remember posting and it's not much fun having to defend.

Opening the thread with "Anyone give a single solitary SHIT about this'n?" is a bit of a leading question though, you have to admit. I like spidermen, I was just trying to fit in!

I love Bosto. I love you too, but it's a tough love.

Timothy

Great game so far. Recommend it if you enjoyed the Batman games

biggytitbo

AsparagusTrevor

Hecate

Timothy

Peter Parker segments also very good.

Might be one of the best games this year.

Penfold

I bought my copy today but won't get to play until tomorrow.

Looking forward to possibly posting something positive and having the peanut gallery throw out their opinion.

Their opinion on a game that's been out less than a day.

This'll be shit I reckon.

Replies From View

biggytitbo

I heard that the developers got to the last week of making the game when someone pointed out that Spiderman couldn't move in it - a major oversight apperently, so they had to frantically try and add some animation in the last few days they had, but only had time to animate spiderman getting in and out of an armchair. Many critics have remarked that the fact you can only kill the thousands of punks and supervillains in the game by sitting on them adds to the challenge though.

Consignia

I did cave and buy it. I'm finding the web-swinging travesal a bit difficult to get to grips with. If it was just a bit smoother, I think it'd be a real joy.

Enjoying the atmosphere though, the colourful fun feels like a bit of antidote to the misery guts Batman games. I do like them, but nice to have something in contrast to the dour dark suited guy jumping around in darkness.

Hecate

"Like Batman with the lights on. Awkward swinging that I'm hoping to get used to."

Tim Burton's new wife yadda yadda

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Consignia on September 08, 2018, 08:02:39 PM
I'm finding the web-swinging travesal a bit difficult to get to grips with. If it was just a bit smoother, I think it'd be a real joy.
This is actually encouraging to hear. I don't know how it compares to the 2004 game, but the complexity of the web swinging was what made it so rewarding.

I say stick with it. With the webs. Stick with webs.

Replies From View

I hope that one day they manage to make an origin story Spider-Man game all about how Peter Parker first starts becoming interested in becoming a Spider-Man and then tries really hard to transform into one.

popcorn

Quote from: Replies From View on September 09, 2018, 01:26:47 AM
I hope that one day they manage to make an origin story Spider-Man game all about how Peter Parker first starts becoming interested in becoming a Spider-Man and then tries really hard to transform into one.

That's not how Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man. How he becomes Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man is actually a really famous story so I'm confused about why you wrote this.

Hecate

Is he the one that got bit on the tit by radioactive parents and fell into a vat of goose fat?

I might be thinking of Swells Chesticle, the meaty moobed marvel.

Who's the one with the law degree, half can-can girl, half weekend in Peru? Professor Lifecoach or something? Married the moon. Susceptible to insincere flattery. There was a film where he had a lesbian in a headlock for half an hour.

Timothy

The sneak sections are awesome. And dont forget to play the side missions. Quite good little stories.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on September 09, 2018, 06:17:17 AM
That's not how Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man. How he becomes Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man is actually a really famous story so I'm confused about why you wrote this.

The movies are not true to the origins of Spider-Man.  In the original comics Peter Parker first learns about the option of becoming a Spider-Man from the school careers adviser, then spends a dozen issues straining really hard to become one.  Two of the issues are literally just him sitting in his underpants, staring at the wall and straining with nothing else happening, because Stan Lee wanted the transformative process to occur in real time.

The careers adviser ended up having sour grapes syndrome of course because Peter Parker took so long to follow her recommendation, and she transformed into The Green Goblin by mistake.

Anyway I do hope they finally make a game showing these events.  A text adventure would probably be enough but I'd be hoping for something more along the lines of the Sierra or LucasArts games they have now.

popcorn

Replies From View

Spiteface

Is Leopardon in this?

Shinji Todo is the best Spider-Man.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 09, 2018, 06:12:26 PM
When is the someone gonna make a AAA Turtles game.

I think this is the closest we got:  https://youtu.be/R8xH5H8G5sU

Not AAA as you complained, but not bad either.