Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Sony Playstation Spider-Man

Started by madhair60, September 06, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Love what they did there with trans Splinter especially (ahead of its time) but I'd really like something at 60fps now a days.

biggytitbo

Kelvin

Small Man Big Horse

Cuellar

I have absolutely no interest in Spidermen or super heroes at all, is it worth getting? Can you just leather pedestrians like in GTA?

Waking Life

My main interest is really just to fly around a well-realised NY (see previously Assassins Creed Syndicate). Worth it for that? Probably not.

Timothy

Quote from: Waking Life on September 11, 2018, 02:02:56 PM
My main interest is really just to fly around a well-realised NY (see previously Assassins Creed Syndicate). Worth it for that? Probably not.

Absolutely worth it imo

Moribunderast

This game is very fun but by Christ would it be 50% better without all the Ubisoft-like open-world pisstaking. So many collectathons that are there just to pad time - if you're asking someone to repeat the same basic bit of gameplay, do it maybe 3 or 4 times, not 10+ - it's silly. Horizon Zero Dawn was perfect in terms of having plenty of open-world tropes but keeping them varied and not repeating them into utter boredom - this game is not quite as bad as something like Far Cry or Assassin's Creed but they really could have done with trimming down the filler. The story part of the game is great and the gameplay is ace - fluid combat and traversal is fun as fuck. I'm really enjoying it on the whole but the repetitive stuff (which, to be fair, you can ignore if you aren't interested in upgrading too much) is a real shame.

Cuellar

Timothy

I enjoy all those Ubisoft collectibles and sidemissions in this game. More reason to keep moving around NY. Webslingering never gets repetitive. Rally really enjoying this game.

New mission? First I have to find those pigeons! Amazing.

madhair60

Cuellar

Moribunderast

Quote from: Timothy on September 11, 2018, 04:09:40 PM
I enjoy all those Ubisoft collectibles and sidemissions in this game. More reason to keep moving around NY. Webslingering never gets repetitive. Rally really enjoying this game.

New mission? First I have to find those pigeons! Amazing.

I don't mind them, I just think there should be less of each thing. 12 pigeons? Make it 6... I don't need to do the same mission 12 times - that's meaningless padding.

I've gotten onto the 2nd act of the story now and things are picking up. Kinda like the Batman games, the story itself has a really good momentum to it but the open-world ditherings mean you're constantly avoiding the story to go and do other stuff. That's okay in terms of gameplay but it really breaks immersion when someone's telling you to get to a crime-scene post-haste and you're all "Yeah, will do, just gonna look for some backpacks first..."

I sound overly critical of this game, maybe, but it's because it is SO good that I lament where it goes wrong. Could be game of the year but instead just feels like a very good game with some extraneous shit thrown in.

Replies From View

madhair60

Replies From View

madhair60

On Playstation Pro, it pushes sixty, but some of the Badniks lose a couple of pixels to compensate.

Cuellar

Why is no one answering my question re: leathering pedestrians.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on September 12, 2018, 10:38:40 AM
How many pixels does the Spider-Man sprite have?

I bet you've already played this entire game wearing your Spider Man pyjamas.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 12, 2018, 12:13:49 PM
I bet you've already played this entire game wearing your Spider Man pyjamas.

I didn't know you could wear pyjamas in this game; that's quite advanced.

gmoney

Cuellar

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Replies From View

What other questions about a Spider-Man computer game are there.

Cuellar

Do you have the chance to be a bad spiderman? Do crimes etc?

AsparagusTrevor

You get to be a bad Spiderman and gyrate at people in the street.

Custard

I was excited to play a Batman style Spider-Man game. But imagine my surprise and disapointment when ten minutes into the game Spider-Man rips off his mask to reveal he is Batman underneath

Replies From View

In this game are his web shooters mechanical or organic.