Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Sony Playstation Spider-Man

Started by madhair60, September 06, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

Mechanical. The fact that Peter's a scientist who develops his own gear is a big part of where the story ends up.

biggytitbo

Replies From View

Quite clever of them to have a story though.

Do we learn how his aunt stitched him the spider uniform?

biggytitbo

Give it up mate, this isn't going to work on your Sega master system however much you wish.

Custard

I thought it was a bit out of order that one of the unlockable player characters is Uncle Ben's Ashes

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 14, 2018, 06:38:58 PM
Give it up mate, this isn't going to work on your Sega master system however much you wish.

It's the second model with Alex Kidd in Miracle World preloaded, so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote from: bgmnts on September 12, 2018, 08:58:54 PM
Already done.

What's the AAA turtle game please? Pleased don't say that Platinum game which looks great. I want to skill trees, making a pizza, need to unlock the ability to go in your shell for a chill out and save the game. Need to be level fifty so you gotta play for a week without saving but polishing your Sai unlocks perks like brushing Splinters pubes which revels your up faster

Cuellar

Kelvin

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 14, 2018, 08:04:32 PM
What's the AAA turtle game please? Pleased don't say that Platinum game which looks great. I want to skill trees, making a pizza, need to unlock the ability to go in your shell for a chill out and save the game. Need to be level fifty so you gotta play for a week without saving but polishing your Sai unlocks perks like brushing Splinters pubes which revels your up faster

Fishing's got you tightly wound, mate.

Have you considered fucking your wife while she wears nipple clamps?

Dannyhood91

I'm getting this next week and wanna see all the cool baddies like Kingpin cos I proper like Kingpin he looks like an angry bus driver at a works christmas do in his suit.

Mobius

Been really enjoying this game.

My favourite bit is when you web around the city really fast like

Ferris

Quote from: Z on September 06, 2018, 09:12:06 PM
Ten year old me fucking loved Spiderman on the PS1

The best spiderman game is THPS2 though.

Was that the one with Electro as the head baddie? You're right on THPS2 though.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Cuellar on September 12, 2018, 10:13:24 PM
CAN. YOU. THUMP. PEDESTRIANS.
Your punches just go right through them and they don't even react. However, it has a lot of fights on rooftops and you can quite easily punch people right off the edge, even if you're a hundred storeys up. In the Arkham games Batman would automatically tether people to ledges but Spider-Man can't be arsed and just lets them go flying down onto the pavement.

Replies From View

Is there a way in this game that you can train for a scholarship in horticulture at Kew Gardens?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on October 02, 2018, 08:15:02 AM
Is there a way in this game that you can train for a scholarship in horticulture at Kew Gardens?

You can shoot a web on it.

Replies From View

magval

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 02, 2018, 07:16:19 AM
Your punches just go right through them and they don't even react. However, it has a lot of fights on rooftops and you can quite easily punch people right off the edge, even if you're a hundred storeys up. In the Arkham games Batman would automatically tether people to ledges but Spider-Man can't be arsed and just lets them go flying down onto the pavement.

They're tethered surely. Webs.

Not only can Spider-Man not thump pedestrians, if he lands on the ground near them and they fall over, he apologises.

Cuellar

biggytitbo

I don't think much of spiderman man's arse in this, you'd think with that tight a suit and that fit a man he'd have a really great arse, but nah, it's a nothing arse.

biggytitbo

Looks slightly better in some of the later missions.

Game is good, arse caveats aside.

Jerzy Bondov

Anybody else struggling to catch the cars after you throw out all the baddies? You really need some old school Track and Field button mashing skills to stop Spidey dropping them

Ham Bap

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 04, 2018, 09:59:07 AM
Anybody else struggling to catch the cars after you throw out all the baddies? You really need some old school Track and Field button mashing skills to stop Spidey dropping them

Played the game with my 5 year old son so changed the settings so that the QTE button mashing bits would auto-complete.

Really enjoyed this game, 100% completed it yesterday and I couldnt get on with Batman Arkham Asylum at all. 

biggytitbo

Also liking this a lot, needless to say it looks absolutely spectacular but it's the pacing of it that's so good, the missions are all well balanced and imaginatively designed with a nice variety of gaming elements, bit of puzzling, bit of exploration, bit of stealth, bit of combat, it's all done very well. And the actual web slinging is pretty much perfect, like the ps2 game half the time your webs don't appear to be attached to anything when you're swinging.

biggytitbo

I'm very glad to say there's a level in this game with dozens of spiderman in, nice to see the developers finally seeing sense.

AsparagusTrevor

I bought a PS4 Pro on Saturday which had Spider-man bundled so I've been playing it quite a bit over the weekend. I'm just past the ceremony bit in the story, and I'm trying to do as many side-missions as possible without rushing through the story.

The fact they've got the web-slinging right means it's so satisfying to travel around looking for missions, and although there is a quick-travel (with the nice little subway cutscenes) it's too fun to swing miles through the city.

biggytitbo

One of the most fun, well rounded games I've played in many a year. It's like a great PS2 era game but with stellar production values.

Replies From View

They need to reboot Spider-Man with a clear message that the new Spider-Man is way better than the old one.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Transcends the previous Spider-Man
So much faster
Much more strong
Spins more webs and done a pong
Look out
He is the all new Spider-Man

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 15, 2018, 11:14:40 AM
One of the most fun, well rounded games I've played in many a year. It's like a great PS2 era game but with stellar production values.

This sounds terrific. I have the day off to clean the house and put a crib together but I'm going to end up getting this and playing it aren't I?

Dannyhood91

saltysnacks

Quote from: Hecate on September 06, 2018, 08:54:06 PM
Ugh, this is the sort of thing people on game forums wet their knickers over.

The absolute worst that gaming has to offer held up as the pinnacle of human achievement.

"Done. The best 15 hours of my life"
"Have you collected all the spider eggs?"
"The endgame is phenomenal. So many eggaroonies!"
"the cutscenes actually gave meaning to my life?"
"Actually quite sexist, if you ask me"
"My shopto order is now out for delivery!"
"Oh yeah, very sexist, I knew that"
"The auto targetting and auto button mashing are a real life saver. I just left it running while I did the weekly shop"
"I don't have time to play games because I'm an adult, but let me just tell you, if I did, it would be this one"
"This homogenised shit plopped onto my doormat this morning. Amazing, totally bereft of any interesting or creative elements."
"I bought it digitally, I'm downloading it now!"
"Get aboard the hype train, choo choo! I've made some meme gifs!"
"This would be perfect on the switch"
"15gb day one patch, I'm going back to bed. This world doesn't deserve me"
"Umm, the switch couldn't handle it? You need an xbox professional to actually render all the webbing?"

Fucking HATE gamers.

u ok hun?