Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Narcos Season 4

Started by baptist, September 06, 2018, 04:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baptist

Release date on Netfilx has been confirmed as 16th November: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/narcos-season-4-mexico-release-date-cast-trailer-michael-pena-diego-luna-netflix-a8525836.html

This franchise has been one of the best offerings on Netflix and I can't wait for the new Season. El Chapo was ok, but I think I will find out much more about the Mexican cartels with this. Hope they continue to weave in actual footage from time as they have previously done.

Small Man Big Horse

I really liked the first season but struggled with the second as it seemed to idolise Escobar a little bit too much for my liking, and so didn't bother with the third. Would you say it's an improvement on the second season?

EOLAN

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 06, 2018, 04:27:29 PM
I really liked the first season but struggled with the second as it seemed to idolise Escobar a little bit too much for my liking, and so didn't bother with the third. Would you say it's an improvement on the second season?

Third season; focusing on the Cali Cartel. Falls between season one and two in structure; as has some form of a condensed timeline but structure more like season one. No real idolising of the key cartel men which is split between four main bosses and their key henchmen and relations. I definitely would recommend it.

kngen

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the 3rd season, as the absence of Wagner Moura seemed too big a hole to get around. But fuck it, EOLAN makes it sound worth a shot.

Twit 2

I haven't even watched series 2 and I really liked series 1. State of that!

It's good practice for rusty Spanish speakers, too; I like to note when/how the English subtitles differ from the Spanish.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: EOLAN on September 06, 2018, 05:10:26 PM
Third season; focusing on the Cali Cartel. Falls between season one and two in structure; as has some form of a condensed timeline but structure more like season one. No real idolising of the key cartel men which is split between four main bosses and their key henchmen and relations. I definitely would recommend it.

Thanks for that, I like the fact that it sounds more like season 1 than 2 so will give it a shot at some point.

Dex Sawash

I have to re-watch series 3 to remember why it was good. I think maybe it was that we saw Peña's penos.

Lord Mandrake

I love this show and as much as I enjoyed Wagner Mouras performance, I felt that once they unburdened themselves of Pablos story it became more expansive and intriguing as some of the lesser known players emerged. Really looking forward to Mexico.

Dex Sawash

Rewatched the series 3 finale last night and ^ this.

Just watched the 1st episode, solid start.

Lord Mandrake

I see they are calling this Narcos Mexico season 1. Illustrates the scope and legs of this thing. Tremendous first episode which very efficiently sets up the dynamics with highly charismatic actors in Michael Peña and Diego Luna.

Dex Sawash

I have watched 3.5 of these and it isn't very sticky. Maybe suffers a little from having less narration?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Is it just me or does the main guy look a bit like David Brent?

Dex Sawash

Done now. Lots of stuff happens but dont care about any of it.