Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nut-Shaming [split topic]

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 15, 2018, 02:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

I hate it when you see men checking out women in the street. If you see an attractive woman walking past a male, I think you can get a good gauge of that man's personality by observing how he reacts. He might not go full-on cartoon-man-turns-in-to-wolf but more often than not, there'll be a quick leer. The thing I really hate, really really deplore, about this behaviour is that I do it too. Obviously I don't comment or gesture or try and make it obvious to the woman that I'm 'checking her out' but I still gaze. It's horrible and makes me realise that I'm not really the person I think I am.

Replies From View

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 15, 2018, 02:47:24 PM
I hate it when you see men checking out women in the street. If you see an attractive woman walking past a male, I think you can get a good gauge of that man's personality by observing how he reacts. He might not go full-on cartoon-man-turns-in-to-wolf but more often than not, there'll be a quick leer. The thing I really hate, really really deplore, about this behaviour is that I do it too. Obviously I don't comment or gesture or try and make it obvious to the woman that I'm 'checking her out' but I still gaze. It's horrible and makes me realise that I'm not really the person I think I am.

Don't regret it too much.  I'm a man who doesn't do things like that, and the result is being single all my life.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

In true Debordian semiotic fashion, one of my hobbies is to watch other people checking out other people. The best leer I ever witnessed was from a colleague at work. He always looked like he was on another planet when working at his computer, tuned into another galaxy at the best of times, so when a pretty girl walked past his desk you could actually see it bring the colour back into his cheeks. He'd also do the cartoon 'double take' thing, which I always thought was an illustrator's affection until I saw him do it on a practically daily basis. Got so much mileage out of that guy. Sad to say he's gone now. Not dead, but almost - he's working as a personal instructor in a gym now. He must have his neck permanently clasped in one of those padded brace things.

This is the stupidest most Internet bullshit I've ever read in my life.

You are an animal, you idiot, the sensory product of aeons of evolution, not simply a collection of fleeting cultural notions you've tried vainly to install into your personality and worldview over the last few years to feel on the right side of history in a suffocating, impotent society.

You are hardwired to be attracted to attractive people. No amount of tumblr bullshit and nut-shaming (just coined this, you can have it for your damn Internet chats) will change that fact. Bad luck.

Replies From View

No, all sorts of things can change it, obviously.

For example if the reactions of others do not reinforce that you are yourself attractive, your perception and behaviour changes accordingly.  If looking at people for more than two seconds is somehow received as a nuisance or a form of harassment, you're not going to continue doing it unless you are sociopathic or masochistic.