Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Reaction videos (70s prog)

Started by daf, September 10, 2018, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: daf on September 29, 2018, 02:19:42 PM
Joey's The Wall 2 hour livestream re-uploaded in full.

Couldn't make it even half way through that. I've gone off a lot of The Wall over time, but aside from that, the tinny sound and the alerts and responses are too much.  Have I hit peak Joey?

olliebean

Seemed to me in The Wall livestream that he was too distracted by the comments from live viewers (that I couldn't see, as it was a re-upload) and the donations to give his full attention to the music. If he does more Floyd, I'll give it a watch, but I probably won't bother if it's a live one.

BlodwynPig

Anyone want to watch me react to Infinity by Aphrodite's Child?

gilbertharding

I was going to chip into this thread by offering 'Kids react to...' which I found similarly heartwarming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFWiEQyz2fQ

Inevitably there's a video showing someone (and surely he's acting the part of a massive cockend) reacting to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16YtmBq6BL4

2017's gonna 2017, as they say.

daf

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 10, 2018, 02:15:14 PM
Inevitably there's a video showing someone (and surely he's acting the part of a massive cockend) reacting to it:

Seems to be drinking a glass of chilled piss

QDRPHNC

BlodwynPig

Sin Agog

Quote from: Pseudopath on September 24, 2018, 03:02:02 PM
This guy's reaction to Creep certainly took me by surprise. However, despite that being his most-popular video, he hasn't revisited Radiohead since (but did become briefly obsessed with Tool).

This link by the late, great Patrice O'Neal seems pretty apposite for this thread: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1qKy4cMPUI&t=4s#fauxfullscreen

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 10, 2018, 07:26:04 PM
Are Megadeth Prog? 70s Prog?

Consider my post itself a reaction to making an interesting thread topic pointlessly specific.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 10, 2018, 07:44:34 PM
Consider my post itself a reaction to making an interesting thread topic pointlessly specific.

Ignore me, im delirious from the heat and calzone

popcorn

I'm suspicious of these videos. You know the normal reaction people have when they experience music they're not into? They're usually a bit bored, because it's not their cup of tea. I can't really believe that these music lovers who've gone decades never listening to Pink Floyd have suddenly had their lives changed.

popcorn

Also they're not as good as Beavis and Butthead watching MTV.

daf

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 10, 2018, 07:44:34 PM

Yeah, that was probably a mistake to limit it.

Any interesting music reactions are welcome - from any era and any style.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: daf on October 10, 2018, 09:17:22 PM
Yeah, that was probably a mistake to limit it.

Any interesting music reactions are welcome - from any era and any style.

anyone want to see my reaction video to Rolf's cover of The Divinyls?

daf

alan nagsworth

I just watched the Joey Reacts video where he listens to War Pigs. The whole time he's watching some godawful CGI video someone made to accompany the track, looking stoned out of his mind and every couple minutes going "...wow" at it. Then afterwards he gives a basic 20 second review of the already basic message of the song. Cool.

I dunno man, I fuckin' love music to shreds, it's like the most consistently important thing in my life, but even when I first heard what I now consider to be the best music in the world, I wasn't being all like "woo! damn! this shit is flames!" at every turn. This stuff is pretty overblown, sorry grandads.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 11, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
I just watched the Joey Reacts video where he listens to War Pigs. The whole time he's watching some godawful CGI video someone made to accompany the track, looking stoned out of his mind and every couple minutes going "...wow" at it. Then afterwards he gives a basic 20 second review of the already basic message of the song. Cool.

I dunno man, I fuckin' love music to shreds, it's like the most consistently important thing in my life, but even when I first heard what I now consider to be the best music in the world, I wasn't being all like "woo! damn! this shit is flames!" at every turn. This stuff is pretty overblown, sorry grandads.

You're probably spot on there and what is happening is that people are enjoying someone listen to a song they love, more than the alternative of looking at an image of the album cover or whatever. It's an excuse to revisit some of the best music you've encountered in your lifetime. The viewer/listener ends up asking themselves what is it that really moves them about a song they'v heard countless times. But yeah I suppose all the 'fire' stuff is largely over-egged.

Sin Agog

I kinda feel like this react phenom is an excuse to exercise our empathy muscles in an increasingly solipsistic world.  Fuck knows why else I've watched over an hour of kids and teens playing snes games today.

EDIT:  Fuck, that's the second time today I've inadvertently tee'd y'all up for a yewgate comment.

Howj Begg

I love this whole genre of reaction videos, people who've spent most of their lives listening to one type of music just exposing themselves on camera to another with total naivety and sincerity. yes it could be fake, as mentioned up thread, but i don't get that feeling with this video or with that younger fella who listened to A Day in The Life for  the first time and was blown away by it.

This is charming, and i can easily imagine the aural delight he's experiencing because Mozart opera does  the same for me, to this day, years after I heard them first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zJcZ_FQsDo

gilbertharding

Quote from: daf on October 10, 2018, 03:19:18 PM
Seems to be drinking a glass of chilled piss

What a parvenu. Everyone knows urine is best enjoyed at slightly above room temperature.

daf

Quote from: Howj Begg on October 12, 2018, 12:49:26 AM
This is charming, and i can easily imagine the aural delight he's experiencing because Mozart opera does  the same for me, to this day, years after I heard them first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zJcZ_FQsDo

Lovely stuff!

Love his appreciation of Bohemian Rhapsody too - that song is the gift that keeps on giving!

And you can't have too much Comfortably Numbness!

Ja'moke

I've also fallen down the rabbit hole of React videos recently. I enjoy Rock Reacts, two British metalheads (one of whom is Simon Miller who does wrestling stuff for WhatCulture and seems like the world's nicest person) listening to hip-hop, mostly recent stuff but some classics as well. Their reactions are very genuine. Nothing over the top. Sometimes they just get lost in the music and catch themselves.

popcorn

I'd honestly really like to see reaction videos from people who don't like the music and are able to articulate why. I love listening to contrary opinions for some reason. I'm just a negative prick I suppose. What's so exciting about watching people listen to a guitar solo and say things like "oh my god... you guys... this is out there"? What's revealing about that?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: popcorn on October 13, 2018, 07:52:31 PM
I'd honestly really like to see reaction videos from people who don't like the music and are able to articulate why. I love listening to contrary opinions for some reason. I'm just a negative prick I suppose. What's so exciting about watching people listen to a guitar solo and say things like "oh my god... you guys... this is out there"? What's revealing about that?

Want to see my The Beatles reaction videos?

The Bumlord

Amusing how so many of the dudes are blown away (so to speak) by Freddie Mercury.

And they all jizz over David Gilmour's solos, which is fair enough.

daf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 13, 2018, 11:11:23 PM
Want to see my The Beatles reaction videos?

This you Blodders - must be, right? 
Something

Dreamy eyes, btw!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: daf on October 14, 2018, 09:02:06 PM
This you Blodders - must be, right? 
Something

Dreamy eyes, btw!

the fuck, that's BGMNTS.

QDRPHNC

Joyner Lucas' I'm not Racist spawned some very interesting reaction videos. And there's one particular spot in the song that causes everyone listening to do a double take. You'll know it when you hear it.

Here
Here
Here
Here

Chairman Bodog

That song and video was fucking shit. One of the most uninspired hits since my mum hatting me for forgetting my exam.