Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Reaction videos (70s prog)

Started by daf, September 10, 2018, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

Another one from Captain Dreamy Eyes - A Day in the Life

(love the "WTF is going on?" bits in this - must be like how it was when people first heard it back in 1967 for the first time)

daf

Weeaboo listens to Who's Next :

Side 1
Side 2
11 minute edit

Correctly identifies My Wife as one of the highlights - hand cream props to The Ox!

daf

daf

Johnny Cash - Hurt

JBLETHAL TV
NearlySeniorCitizen ("back in the 90s, when I was really into LSD . . .")
RockN2Country

daf

daf

daf

Another from Robk (from in his rock dungeon) : The Prophet Song

Love he's got no idea where the song is going, and how excited he is to dig deeper into more early stuff.

daf

Yes, yes, another Bohemian Rhapsody, but this might be the best one yet :

No Life Shaq

(Interestingly, like a lot of Americans reacting to this, the 'put a gun against his head / shot him dead'  bit seems to touch a huge nerve - "Whaa? You can't say THAT!!")

daf

Merry Christmas Everybody!

- - - - - - - - - - -
(this is my own personal blog now, isnt it!)

The Bumlord

daf

Certainly taken his foot off the gas recently *

Anyway, here's a few of my recent favourites :

heydaviddd : Queen - White Queen (A Night At The Odeon - Hammersmith 1975 )
AndyReacts : Obscured by Clouds - side 1
WeabooReacts : Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang

- - - - - - - - - -
* (wonder if he's just spending all day in bed rolling in dosh made from that Bohemian Rhapsody vid - now up to a brain melting 3,791,302 views!!)

daf

Always a fun one for reactions due to the dynamics -

David The Hooman* - Queen - Mustapha

We know what's coming, but they don't . . . wait for it, wait for it . . . BOOM!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
* (previously known as 'heydaviddd') 

Chollis

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 11, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
but even when I first heard what I now consider to be the best music in the world, I wasn't being all like "woo! damn! this shit is flames!" at every turn.

i reckon my face also looked like this first time I heard Killing In The Name though

(not like craig david from bo selecta)

daf

Hocus Pocus by Focus - Kel-n-Rich

(one of them knows what's about to happen, the other doesn't - watch the fun unfold!)

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: daf on May 01, 2019, 04:57:57 PM
Hocus Pocus by Focus - Kel-n-Rich

(one of them knows what's about to happen, the other doesn't - watch the fun unfold!)

Nice.  They should watch the live performance from The Midnight Special in 1973 - Thijs Van Leer definitely not off his fucking bonce...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ouPGGLI6Q

EDIT - ha, I was writing that whilst watching the video and hadn't yet got to the part where...he shows her the live performance from The Midnight Special in 1973.

Bennett Brauer

I dunno. I wish I could watch it without the voice in the back of my head saying has she really never heard Hocus Pocus before?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 02, 2019, 04:18:38 PM
I dunno. I wish I could watch it without the voice in the back of my head saying has she really never heard Hocus Pocus before?

I can believe it - I know plenty of people older than her who've never heard it, and Focus were MUCH bigger here in the UK than they ever were in the States.

Bennett Brauer

I can't tell either way most of the time, but there's always that doubt when it's in uploaders' financial interests to keep posting as many reaction videos as possible. I don't know anything about this particular couple, but he's obviously a rock fan and she looks like she might be too. I still enjoy a lot of the videos anyway.

Hocus Pocus was a bigger hit in the US than in Britain, for what it's worth. Before Kel was born, admittedly.

Shit Good Nose

Hocus Pocus was a bigger hit there, but their US success lasted only about a year, starting in 73 (solely off the back of Hocus Pocus) and finishing in 74.  Their popularity over there was non-existent prior to Hocus Pocus' release and it waned very quickly after, and they never toured the States again until their comeback in the 00s.  IIRC a few of their albums were never even released over there.

Here in the UK, of course, they gained fame in 72 thanks to their appearances on The Old Grey Whistle Test, as well as some earlier airplay on radio 1 and Caroline in 71, and toured here extensively until their first breakup in 76.

As for the money, I think they say they can't monetise their reaction vids, unless I misheard/misunderstood (which is entirely possible) - I can't check at the mo as I'm on a work device on which video hosting sites are blocked.  Cunts.

Urinal Cake

Well this is the most recent pop culture reference for Hocus Pocus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSggaxXUS8k&t=45s
So in America fuck all

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 02, 2019, 08:39:18 PM
Well this is the most recent pop culture reference for Hocus Pocus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSggaxXUS8k&t=45s
So in America fuck all

It was in the Robocop remake more recently than that.

Urinal Cake

Well recent and widespread. A Nike ad full of celebrities for the most popular sporting event in the world is more likely to prick the public consciousness.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 02, 2019, 08:50:48 PM
Well recent and widespread. A Nike ad full of celebrities for the most popular sporting event in the world is more likely to prick the public consciousness.

I've never seen that ad.  Neither has Mrs Nose.

Urinal Cake

They did their best. I guess they were beaten by the vuvuzela.

I am biased, I think for an ad it's great. The Rooney stuff still makes me chuckle and all the stuff about Ronaldo being entirely predictable.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 02, 2019, 08:25:14 PM
As for the money, I think they say they can't monetise their reaction vids, unless I misheard/misunderstood (which is entirely possible) - I can't check at the mo as I'm on a work device on which video hosting sites are blocked.  Cunts.

I didn't mishear - they say they can't and don't monetise their vids because they're upfront about using copyrighted material.

Not really knowing quite how making money with YT works, I can only take them at their word - they may be making millions every second for all I know...

Bennett Brauer

Thanks for the information, and my apologies through the ether to them. I should be less cynical about everything reaction videos in general because some of them are a lot of fun.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 02, 2019, 08:39:18 PM
So in America fuck all

I was presuming they're rock fans. They have rock radio stations in the States.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 02, 2019, 08:41:30 PM
It was in the Robocop remake more recently than that.
It was in Baby Driver more recently than that.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 02, 2019, 09:38:51 PM
I didn't mishear - they say they can't and don't monetise their vids because they're upfront about using copyrighted material.

Not really knowing quite how making money with YT works, I can only take them at their word - they may be making millions every second for all I know...

They won't be making any money from these videos as any advertising revenue will go to the artist,  but it grows their subscriber base for future videos which they can monetise. Also when you reach a certain level you'll be approached to do brand deals within the videos which pay well.