Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

LA Noire

Started by Malcy, September 10, 2018, 10:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Finally got round to playing this. What a game. Trying my hardest to only do a bit each day to make it last. Really annoyed that at more than half way through I've only just discovered you can play it in B&W!

I really hope they make another one at some stage since Rockstar haven't ruled it out but is there anything similar available? I played the first ep of Life Is Strange recently which had a similar style i enjoyed. The rest was £2.67 to buy. Left it too late and now it's £14!

canadagoose

It's really good - I enjoyed the gameplay style a lot. Are they releasing a sequel at any point?

Malcy

Quote from: canadagoose on September 10, 2018, 10:24:14 PM
It's really good - I enjoyed the gameplay style a lot. Are they releasing a sequel at any point?

The original company who made it, Team Bondi, are no longer in business but unread an article from only last year saying that a sequel hasn't been ruled out.

There's a bit of DLC which unthinkable i downloaded but hasn't deemed to appear. I downloaded the remix soundtrack and have it on now. It's great driving around with the 40's music playing.

Lemming

Great game. Cole Phelps has to be one of the best videogame protagonists of all time, just for his insane determination to convince people to surrender even as they empty entire tommy gun clips at him.

"THROW OUT THE GUNS! PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! SURRENDER NOW OR I WILL USE DEADLY FORCE!"

Malcy

Quote from: Lemming on September 10, 2018, 10:49:44 PM
Great game. Cole Phelps has to be one of the best videogame protagonists of all time, just for his insane determination to convince people to surrender even as they empty entire tommy gun clips at him.

"THROW OUT THE GUNS! PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! SURRENDER NOW OR I WILL USE DEADLY FORCE!"

He's brilliant. There's a really good cast in it. The technology they used for the faces is so well done. Was surprised to see it was released in 2011.

I watched a couple of videos of the VR version yesterday. Looks a bit buggy at times but reckon it would be great fun. I'd get VR just for that.

Got a good laugh out of this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J8LmYEZAgqY