Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Khruangbin

Started by thraxx, September 11, 2018, 12:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thraxx

They are brilliant aren't they?

Well I've just seen that they are playing the Roundhouse on 26 October, somehow I missed it and the tickets are sold out.  Gutted.

So has anyone got tickets, and more importantly has anyone got any spare????

Head Gardener

Johnny Textface

My thread got no love :(

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,66925.0.html

Anyway yeah they are great and I am in love with the bass player.

Going to see them in Manchester soon can't wait.

Their latest video (I think) is based on Laura Lee's early life with her grandfather and it's very pretty.like her

Their Pitchfork set is also great

Head Gardener

QuoteMy thread got no love :(

I loved your thread, perhaps I should have told you before it was killed by this one

thraxx

Ignorantly, I had not noticed your thread and I apologise.  I found out about them from another C&B thread, but not that one.  I haven't stopped listening to them since then.

More importantly has anyone got dem tickets?  The only ones I can find are like 150 sheets for 2?!  They are officially my favorite band and I love them, but I can't pay that much.

Johnny Textface

Quote from: thraxx on September 11, 2018, 02:16:11 PM
More importantly has anyone got dem tickets?

How about Twickets? Dunno if you can set up notifications etc..

NattyDread 2

Love that first single. The albums aren't too shabby either mind. They did a great radio session before the first album came out and I was a bit disappointed how smooth the album versions ended up sounding. I'll try and dig it out if anyone's interested.

Head Gardener

QuoteI'll try and dig it out if anyone's interested.

yes please

thraxx

Quote from: NattyDread 2 on September 11, 2018, 02:56:12 PM
Love that first single. The albums aren't too shabby either mind. They did a great radio session before the first album came out and I was a bit disappointed how smooth the album versions ended up sounding. I'll try and dig it out if anyone's interested.

Totally agree about the records - so if you've got that live session I'd love to hear it.

Is it just me, or have the more recent live sets seen a creeping level of bumnotes and mistakes, whereas the earlier sets are impressively tight, error free and locked down?

thraxx

Resigned myself to travel down to Brighton for this and the tickets sold out as I was trying to buy them.  Let's hope there are some extra dates announced.

sevendaughters

probably the best guitar group P4K have championed of the last 3/4 years these. really good stuff. guitarist is incredible.

Neomod

Yeah, I mentioned Con Todo El Mundo and The Universe Smiles Upon You to no reaction whatsoever in the what are you listening to thread a couple of months back.

thraxx

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 12, 2018, 01:36:59 PM
probably the best guitar group P4K have championed of the last 3/4 years these. really good stuff. guitarist is incredible.

Yeah, I love the palette of sounds and textures he can get from his guitar, such a tasteful and elegant style of play.  If there is a better guitarist around in the world at the moment I'd like to hear it.

Oh yeah, is there a picture of them sans wigs?

Neomod

He looks a bit different.

Johnny Textface

thraxx

I really like the one where the one lyric is 'wanker!' over and over again.