Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What is England?

Started by Soup, September 12, 2018, 05:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

You should have chosen a better band than Genesis to make your point.

Ferris

Neville Chamberlain

England is: a pint of warm ale resting on a nun's head, as she cycles along a misty lane carrying a cricket bat.

Paul Calf

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on September 15, 2018, 02:35:32 PM
this... the one thing that, unquestionably, english people do better than anyone else, is rock music. I'll grudgingly allow a few scots & welsh into the sentiment, but this island does rock music better than anywhere else in the world.

Totally this, in fact rock, pop and dance music were all perfected in Britain. America were always playing catch-up as far as music goes, although you have to give them credit for inventing house music.

Northern Europeans are tone deaf. The only music they're good at is music that's had all the music sucked out of it: Kraftwerk-type graph paper compositions, gabber, shitty europop; music written by people who know music inside out but have none of it in their soul.

Emma Raducanu

Apart from London, I've never been down south. What I missing?

manticore

Quote from: Soup on September 12, 2018, 05:38:03 PM
affected kindness to suburban hedgehogs.

How dare you! My love is heartfelt and profound, I even follow them on twitter.

Also I was recently internet talking to a Swiss and a German and it seems their nations are even more devoted to the creatures than we are, ordinary citizens out every evening with their cat food and water bowls, rescue centres all over.

Icehaven

Quote from: mothman on September 15, 2018, 08:46:34 AM
Really? 100 islands? That just makes me want to visit them all.

Don't say that too loud or Neil Oliver will nick the idea.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: DolphinFace on September 17, 2018, 07:44:22 PM

Yeovil aerodrome.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: DolphinFace on September 17, 2018, 07:44:22 PM

If you haven't seen the Medway Viaducts then you haven't seen the Medway Viaducts.

Buelligan

[tag]be a real man and hope it goes away[/tag]

bgmnts

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 17, 2018, 08:43:58 AM
Totally this, in fact rock, pop and dance music were all perfected in Britain. America were always playing catch-up as far as music goes, although you have to give them credit for inventing house music.

Northern Europeans are tone deaf. The only music they're good at is music that's had all the music sucked out of it: Kraftwerk-type graph paper compositions, gabber, shitty europop; music written by people who know music inside out but have none of it in their soul.

Isn't early British rock music influenced by jazz and blues, originating from America?

gilbertharding

[split topic] For What is Chatteris?

Neville Chamberlain

England is: a pint of warm ale balancing on a robin's head as a nun in a tweed suit cycles along a misty lane, sipping a pint of warm ale balancing on a robin's head.