Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

American Animals

Started by SteveDave, September 13, 2018, 12:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I saw this last night. Made by the same fellow who did "The Imposter" and it's a documentary but with actors and dramatic scenes too. It's hard to explain. Some scenes are played out two ways from the point of view of each of the "leads" and the real people occasionally interact with their actor counterparts.

Anyway, some students decide to steal some rare books to sell to Udo Kier. It's a rare documentary style thing where the actor playing someone is uglier than the real person.

Two thumbs up for some lovely cinematography and interesting set up.

Head Gardener

I really enjoyed it and the lead guy, Evan Peters was really good as Kai in season 7 of American Horror Story too, he reminds me of Malcolm McDowell (a bit)

the science eel

I saw it a couple of weeks ago at the Glasgow Film Theatre and thoroughly enjoyed it. The director and cinematographer came out for a live Q&A session afterwards and I got to ask the first question!

sevendaughters

thought this was genuinely excellent, best cinematic release I've seen since Loveless, they had me hooked at "trying to nick an Audubon" (big Audubon fan) and it kept piling on the good stuff. came out with a big smile on my face.