Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:33:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Euphoria of Curry Night

Started by madhair60, September 14, 2018, 09:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

I had to go on a team building thing today. It was as vile as it sounds. I may have overcompensated on the treats though: 2 pints in the pub before getting the train home, 6 new lps, a bottle of wine for tonight and, ta-da!, some nikwax for my coat.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pingers on September 14, 2018, 04:12:19 PM
Definitely, we only went there cos it was cheap and we were cheap. I am just unable to stop eating food if it's not costing me any more.

The first time I went to one of those Cosmo buffets I ended up being sick through eating loads of starters. Felt better after a I'd been bilious for about an hour. Good times.

Pingers

^ That's weirdly impressive, although I'm not sure I understand why

mothman

I did once go to a Chinese buffet - I think it still exists, the Real China in Cheltenham - where I ate more starters than should be humanly possible.

Replies From View

CURRY IS NOT A THING YOU CAN LIKE.  STOP PRETENDING OTHERWISE.

mothman

Oh, here we go. All rise, the case of Replies v Curry is now in session, Judge Caberton T. Verbwhore presiding.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just had Friday had curry

Dhal
Paneer with sticky sauce
Pilau
Kale + onion bhajis

Yes

Emma Raducanu

I'd love a good lamb curry now.a lovely lamb curry with like a pilaf rice and lime chutney. And some poppadoms, some pakoras, some lovely fluffy naan bread and a hand job while I wash it all down with some cold lager, in front of coronation Street and the promise of a pot of chocolate mousse for dessert.

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on September 14, 2018, 06:36:53 PM
Oh, here we go. All rise, the case of Replies v Curry is now in session, Judge Caberton T. Verbwhore presiding.

HELLO YES, THANK YOU FOR INVITING ME ALONG TO THIS.

CURRY HAS A HORRIBLE HOT SENSATION UPON THE INSIDES THAT IS UNPLEASANT, AND IT BURNS YOU AND WATER DOESN'T MAKE IT GO AWAY.

mothman

And with those words, the notion of Brexit was born.

Replies From View

AND WHAT ELSE.  DO I GET A STICKER?

mothman

No. Csse dansakhed. I mean, dismissed.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Listen - if curry was any good then other people would like it, but they don't.

imitationleather

This thread is making me sorely tempted to make the call.

I quite fancy a Saturday of shitting molten lava.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Replies From View on September 14, 2018, 07:18:11 PM
CURRY HAS A HORRIBLE HOT SENSATION UPON THE INSIDES THAT IS UNPLEASANT, AND IT BURNS YOU AND WATER DOESN'T MAKE IT GO AWAY.
This is true.

If you're a massive wimp!

Had to sack someone today for gross misconduct. Gonna have a hake curry now to 'hake' myself feel better. I hope it tastes 'rice'.

canadagoose

I really fancy some lime pickle now. Shame you can't just get it on its own, or maybe with a few poppadoms. Or maybe you can, if you order enough of it?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Replies From View on September 14, 2018, 06:33:05 PM
CURRY IS NOT A THING YOU CAN LIKE.  STOP PRETENDING OTHERWISE.

Oh.

Bum.

I've got a cottage pie in the fridge, shall I bung it in the microwave?

Cuellar

Curries are good, but ONLY the ones with no spice whatsoever.

A passanda, or korma.

Kane Jones

Shit off. Spice is best. You spice haters should just go home and eat your chips and chicky nug-nugs with red sauce.

mothman

Yes, but MAKE SURE you haven't got spicy ketchup by accident. The labels are so similar, and you'll do yourself a discombobulation.

Sebastian Cobb

Had a gobi manchurian and some paneer dish washed down with kingfisher. Yes I.

Cuellar

Quote from: Kane Jones on September 14, 2018, 08:26:39 PM
Shit off. Spice is best. You spice haters should just go home and eat your chips and chicky nug-nugs with red sauce.

Oooooh yes please!

canadagoose

Any other South Indian Garlic Chilli fans around? It's got to be the best dish you can get at a British Indian restaurant.

Replies From View

One thing I have noticed is that men who are trying to give off a vibe of enjoying curry (they're not of course) are fantasising about women loving them for being sweaty and struggling.  "My man can't do a jot of heavy-lifting," they imagine a lady saying in private to her ladyfriends, "but he looks a bit like it when every pore in his body is rejecting some stupidly over-spicy food."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: canadagoose on September 14, 2018, 07:39:53 PM
I really fancy some lime pickle now. Shame you can't just get it on its own, or maybe with a few poppadoms. Or maybe you can, if you order enough of it?

Pataks (amongst others) make jars of it.

Bazooka

Quote from: Replies From View on September 14, 2018, 08:47:49 PM
One thing I have noticed is that men who are trying to give off a vibe of enjoying curry (they're not of course) are fantasising about women loving them for being sweaty and struggling.  "My man can't do a jot of heavy-lifting," they imagine a lady saying in private to her ladyfriends, "but he looks a bit like it when every pore in his body is rejecting some stupidly over-spicy food."

I eat ridiculously spicy food to impress myself, to impress women I knock out the hardest looking lad in the vicinity.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Replies From View on September 14, 2018, 08:47:49 PM

How are your chicky nug-nugs and ketchup mate? Keep dipping!

Replies From View

Quote from: Bazooka on September 14, 2018, 08:52:30 PM
I eat ridiculously spicy food to impress myself, to impress women I knock out the hardest looking lad in the vicinity.

Is this a euphemism for doing massive shits?