Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Euphoria of Curry Night

Started by madhair60, September 14, 2018, 09:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Kane Jones on September 14, 2018, 08:53:59 PM
How are your chicky nug-nugs and ketchup mate? Keep dipping!

I don't understand curry terms mate, sorry!

Kane Jones

Quote from: Replies From View on September 14, 2018, 08:55:07 PM
I don't understand curry terms mate, sorry!

I'm saying you have chicken nuggets and ketchup for dinner every night mate.

Replies From View

Quote from: Kane Jones on September 14, 2018, 08:59:34 PM

I said I don't understand curry terms mate.

Cuellar

I had a butter chicken in East London once and it was the spiciest thing I've ever eaten. Tanned 8 Stellas trying to quench the flames (it was a bring your own booze place)

pancreas

Quote from: Cuellar on September 14, 2018, 09:08:32 PM
I had a butter chicken in East London once and it was the spiciest thing I've ever eaten. Tanned 8 Stellas trying to quench the flames (it was a bring your own booze place)

Sorry to be blunt, but do you think you might be a pansy?

Cuellar

Kane Jones

Replies From View

pancreas

Quote from: Cuellar on September 14, 2018, 09:10:57 PM
I like horseradish

Well, that's fighting talk.

Personally I like to use a pipette to season my eyes with scotch bonnet sauce.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The trick is not minding that it hurts.

I never used to like chillies but now I eat them pretty much every day in some form or another. I built up a tolerance remarkably quickly.

Cuellar

Why eat anything that fucking hurts

Eat some cactuses if you love it so much you clowns

imitationleather

If it hurts it's a bad curry, no matter the heat.

Cor. Give me a curry now.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Cuellar on September 14, 2018, 09:25:09 PM
Why eat anything that fucking hurts

It doesn't hurt, you bulb. You've just got very fragile, almost pathetic, taste buds.

Cuellar

imitationleather

Quote from: Kane Jones on September 14, 2018, 09:26:45 PM
It doesn't hurt, you bulb. You've just got very fragile, almost pathetic, taste buds.

If it hurts the trick is to take up smoking. After a year of that you'll taste nowt.

It only burns for a short while, then comes the rush of endorphins and whatnot.

mothman

Quote from: Kane Jones on September 14, 2018, 08:59:34 PM

So does my eldest...

Shit.

No, surely not. It couldn't be. I'm just being silly. I think. I've never seen Teen Moth and Replies together, though...

thenoise

The euphoria follows the mild (to great) suffering. Much like persevering through a wank when you still have a sore cock from the day before.

Cuellar

Yes! Yes I knew it was miserable eating spicy curries and you're all just pretending it's not. The jig is up.

Give up your weird puritanical self flagellation and just enjoy life.

Shit Good Nose

Had an appalling curry the other night from a place I'd never been before.  Fuck knows what the breads were, but they weren't naans.  The pops were stale.  Stupidly hot (my "medium" curry was only marginally milder than my mate's madras, which he says was much hotter than madras usually is).  Didn't get any spiced onions.  Prawn poori looked like it had been reheated in the microwave.  We should've known to walk straight back out the minute we clocked that they also did kebabs and pizzas.  Won't be going back.  I'm amazed neither of us had crippling shits.

Need to redress the balance with a decent curry soon.

mothman

I've given up. I've had to accept that I just don't like takeaway curries. It's just nowhere near as good as you'll get in a decent Indian restaurant, even the SAME one you get the takeaway from. It's frustrating. Sticking to Chinese takeaways only goes so far. The kids don't like curry so we can't go out for a meal unless it's without them. And nights out on our own are do few and far between, we'd prefer to go somewhere nice and romantic. I'm sure that's possible to do in at least one curry house but I've yet to find it. Trying to convince MrsMoth that it'd be OK to pop out for an hour and a half to go down the road for a curry, and leave TeenMothbto babysit.

thenoise

Quote from: Cuellar on September 14, 2018, 10:43:48 PM
Yes! Yes I knew it was miserable eating spicy curries and you're all just pretending it's not. The jig is up.

Give up your weird puritanical self flagellation and just enjoy life.

Did you miss the bits about euphoria? This is about experiencing food as a rollercoaster of highs and lows, not a load of dull beige blandness. Curry is a wild party in my mouth, your boring mash is a night in front of the telly.  And there is nothing on.

mothman

Me too. Think I'll have a bowl of Shreddies.

Ferris

Ramen 2 nights in a row. 3 day weekend. Few tins, low stakes, no drama. Sunny out. Mmmm.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 14, 2018, 10:48:09 PM
Had an appalling curry the other night from a place I'd never been before.  Fuck knows what the breads were, but they weren't naans.  The pops were stale.  Stupidly hot (my "medium" curry was only marginally milder than my mate's madras, which he says was much hotter than madras usually is).  Didn't get any spiced onions.  Prawn poori looked like it had been reheated in the microwave.  We should've known to walk straight back out the minute we clocked that they also did kebabs and pizzas.  Won't be going back.  I'm amazed neither of us had crippling shits.

Need to redress the balance with a decent curry soon.

It reads like a crime.
It feels to me like a crime.

Is it appropriate to go round there with a bat or club, a few mates for backup, and sort this shit out?

It feels to me appropriate, for this insult. This crime.

Uncle TechTip

Butter chicken is a new one on me, my wife had it last night, and it was quite tasty. Why does it have an English name though? It's somewhat mild so I imagine it was invented in Birmingham in 1981.

Let's just say that after a week away from home, I'm looking forward to The Euphoria of Cunny Night.