Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:04:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 2018 (last series ever... on Channel 5)

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 14, 2018, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Wow, biggest character of the series. Going to be hard to gloss over him now, as they tend to do with removed housemates. Must have said some foul shit for the producers (who have worked so hard to save him) to chuck him right out.

massive bereavement

Gutted.
Brooke is now the only one left in there that I can root for, assuming it wasn't her that got him thrown out (I'd guess it was Sian).

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: massive bereavement on October 26, 2018, 06:50:55 PM
Gutted.
Brooke is now the only one left in there that I can root for, assuming it wasn't her that got him thrown out (I'd guess it was Sian).

Why are those the two you are rooting for?

massive bereavement

I can relate to Lewis and quite fancy Brooke when she hasn't got the makeup on.

c

It's got to be one of the isms surely.

"You can have two pillows. One for each face." really is a line for the ages. BRAVO

remedial_gash

Quote from: massive bereavement on October 26, 2018, 07:09:00 PM
I can relate to Lewis and quite fancy Brooke when she hasn't got the makeup on.

Really, you can relate to him?

I like him as a HM but he is an odious cunt. I kind of like brooke as she is fairly vanilla and vaguely interesting. I quite like akeem, because being a valley commando of a certain faith you might expect the worst of him, but his friendship with Tomasz has made me like him more. A muscly twat from the S wales valleys is often a screaming cunt, but I like Akeem. He is boring and eager, but I think he is a good person.

massive bereavement

Quote from: remedial_gash on October 26, 2018, 08:37:19 PM
Really, you can relate to him?

In the sense that he gets stuck in loops, can't let things go, has anger meltdowns, over-analyses everything, no-one gets his humour and he doesn't get when other people are joking or serious, only shaves once a week, is misunderstood and thousands of women want to have sex with him. That's pretty much me, well, apart from the shaving maybe, I usually go 6 days not 7.

remedial_gash

hahaha mb, good one. Genuine laugh, not snidey.

up_the_hampipe

Wow, surprised but relieved by that result.

Seems like they're not showing all the Lewis stuff until Sunday. BOLLOCKS!!

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: massive bereavement on October 26, 2018, 06:50:55 PM
Gutted.

It was apparently due to a conversation he had with Cameron. Any idea what news Emma was alluding to in her pre-eviction chat with Ryan?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 27, 2018, 12:12:51 AM
It was apparently due to a conversation he had with Cameron. Any idea what news Emma was alluding to in her pre-eviction chat with Ryan?

The news at the end of the show presumably? The double eviction? Also there's an auction with letters from home prizes next week. Nothing exciting.

On the subject of Lewis, his apology seems to suggest he just let something slip in conversation, as opposed to genuinely being hateful. If it's a case of him teasing Cameron by using a gay slur, considering they have a rapport which largely consists of them verbally abusing each other, it's going to be a little ridiculous that he got removed for that. As many have pointed out, Rodrigo only got a warning for casually using the N word on like the first night. They seem to change the rules a lot.

Ja'moke

The news is that BBCAN host Arisa Cox is going to be on Bit On The Side on Monday! Obviously means nothing to you lot, but as an international BB watcher, I find that kinda cool, especially as Arisa is a genuine fan of BBUK.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 27, 2018, 12:21:02 AM
On the subject of Lewis, his apology seems to suggest he just let something slip in conversation, as opposed to genuinely being hateful.

Annoyingly his apology gave no clues as to what it might have been, as he listed every possible thing under the sun that it could have been in order to keep it vague.  I bet that was deliberate.  Annoying to the last.

machotrouts

I was in the same audition group as Lewis.

We were sat next to each other in a big hotel conference room of prospective housemates, and he asked me why I was auditioning. "Masochism", I replied, feebly trying to be hilarious. "See, I disagree, for me it's just about putting myself out there, like. What is masochism?" I tried to explain, then my explanation used another word he didn't know the meaning of which I also had to explain, and this went on and on as we slid inexorably into a conversational black hole, both of us trying desperately to free ourselves to go back to silently checking our phones.

They called groups of us out into a smaller room, where we all had to talk about ourselves and do tasks together. "I'm a very extreme character, I'm always either up or down, that's just me", he rattled monotonously and dourly, like a caricature of a crap Big Brother auditionee, a shirty flesh golem built from reality TV clichés. At one point, we were divided into teams for a task, and he elected himself our team captain – he was given a secret mission to sabotage us, which he failed because he didn't understand what a secret mission was. Later, I had to rank them all by "likeability" – I put him second from bottom, above a handsy stripper. When asked why I'd pretty much put all the women at the top and the men at the bottom, I said "I just don't particularly care for men". He was visibly pissed off and avoided eye contact with me for the rest of the day.

After they sent home a few of us, the remaining auditionees had to sit around a table filling in forms, and we were individually called for 15-minute interviews with Big Brother in a makeshift "Diary Room" (a hotel room with a producer sitting under a black curtain, who we had to pretend we couldn't see through the crack in the middle). Before I went for my interview, Lewis was proselytising to another auditionee at the table, a weary personal trainer, about time-restricted eating. When I came back 15 minutes later, he was still talking about time-restricted eating.

I wasn't sure how I'd done when the day was over, but I did think to myself "at least I've got more of a chance of getting on Big Brother than that boring prick".

Bence Fekete

Interesting report macho.  But I too have found Lewis and his constant confrontational psychosis (or c.n.u.t. for short) to be the most gripping ingredient of the series.  However, given that the last week is always, always shite it's no great catastrophe he's gone now.  Actually, it's quite fitting. 

I do hate this 'Goody's Law' precedent of kicking out people for using words people don't like.  It negates the whole experiment.  If someone errs/is a racist then they should just have to face the consequences when they get out.

c

A solid gold 5* contribution there Macho, thank you.

I agree about Lewis. He's lots of bad things, but a bigot isn't one of them. I hope some assinine language use hasn't done for him.

up_the_hampipe

The Sun are saying that Lewis got removed for accidentally saying "we'll sort you out some Auschwitz" to Cameron instead of 'outfits'. That is one hilarious lie.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 27, 2018, 10:41:00 PM
The Sun are saying that Lewis got removed for accidentally saying "we'll sort you out some Auschwitz" to Cameron instead of 'outfits'. That is one hilarious lie.

Just... what?

Surely no way that is what happened.

c

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 27, 2018, 10:57:39 PM
Just... what?

Surely no way that is what happened.

It cannot be. Surely. Lest we forget that Brazilian plastic man said Actual Nword and was only warned.

JesusAndYourBush

I'm not buying it, unless he made the initial comment and then riffed on it rather than letting it stop at that.

up_the_hampipe

https://twitter.com/bigblagger/status/1056552902704160769?s=21

Clip from tonight of the house being informed of Lewis' removal. Check out Brooke's reaction.

remedial_gash

Okay, do we know what he said?

Was watching inside #9 so missed the missed like 2 minutes.

FFS!

c

They've not shown it. I can't actually believe it. Are we actually so fragile we can't know, on a 22:30 broadcast? This is infuriating.

remedial_gash

Quote from: c on October 28, 2018, 10:40:07 PM
They've not shown it. I can't actually believe it. Are we actually so fragile we can't know, on a 22:30 broadcast? This is infuriating.

It's total bollocks isn't it, I loathed the wanker, but this muddies the waters even further. Total shit.

up_the_hampipe

They did this with Rodrigo and now Lewis. Channel 5 are really shite.

c

But at least with Rodrigo they (rightly in my view) gave him a chance AND he really did say something pretty bad. But if the reports are correct all Lewissaid was 'when we get out of here we're going to get you some outfits' to Cameron, except instead of saying 'outfits' he said 'Auschwitz'. Which is... gobbledygook. It's not offensive, unless you're really trying hard. It's meaningless. If they were so sure of their decision they'd have broadcast it. They broadcast the Rodrigo N word (which is so offensive I CAN'T EVEN WRITE IT)

holyzombiejesus

Aren't you just going off a report in The Sun or has the Auschwitz thing been reported elsewhere?

remedial_gash

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 28, 2018, 10:49:17 PM
Aren't you just going off a report in The Sun or has the Auschwitz thing been reported elsewhere?

Well, the mirror and star quoted the sun. So no - it's just an anonymous source.

c

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 28, 2018, 10:49:17 PM

I am thus 'if the reports are correct'

That said I know it's The Sun but it's an extremely specific quote and they'll have stood it up - it's an open and shut libel case, if it's not true, as it's all on camera. The Sun's readers might be stupid but The Sun's lawyers certainly aren't