Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 2018 (last series ever... on Channel 5)

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 14, 2018, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

I was watching the launch episode of this series again last night and Cameron's managed to completely dodge any discussion that may paint him in a bad light. They made a big deal about how he's a member of the conservative party and hates Jeremy Corbyn and he seems to have been selected, at least partly, due to these views (and presumably stuff like his anti-feminist youtube posts etc) but he hasn't mentioned them once, has he? They normally shoe-horn in tasks to 'expose' anyone with any particular political views, don't they?

up_the_hampipe

Nikki Graheme... what a mess. I fear for her when this is over. They wheel her out for every series and it seems like all she's clinging on to.

Kim Woodburn was as fantastic as expected though.

holyzombiejesus

Nikke Graheme is fucking horrible. Looks like a cadaver already.

Predictions on a winner? It's going to be Cameron, isn't it? Would prefer Cian though.

up_the_hampipe

Probably Cameron, then Akeem and Cian. Although Zoe was getting huge cheers on Friday, the most out of anyone, which was very concerning.

machotrouts

Must be the first time I've thought all 4 finalists have some chance of winning. We can't even rule Zoe out. People voted for Coleen Nolan to win this show. Nobody has ever met a self-confessed Coleen Nolan fan, but they must be out there, lurking in the shadows with the shy Tories, and I bet they fucking love Zoe.

JesusAndYourBush

I'm still bemused that Brooke left on Friday *before* Sian.  What the hell?  Sian never did anything.  She often didn't even appear on screen until about 25 minutes into the episode when they gave her a token 2 sentences in the diary room before going back to not showing her again.

Ja'moke

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 05, 2018, 12:52:21 AM
I'm still bemused that Brooke left on Friday *before* Sian.  What the hell?  Sian never did anything.  She often didn't even appear on screen until about 25 minutes into the episode when they gave her a token 2 sentences in the diary room before going back to not showing her again.

Maybe they both got zero votes, so they just booted them in alphabetical order.

massive bereavement

I hope Cian wins but I'd be shocked if it's not Cameron or Akeem.

Is it going to Netflix now then? I won't be able to view it if that's the case. Been watching since before the very first eviction in series 1, although I didn't watch any of the Channel 5 series until the Helen Wood one. 

holyzombiejesus

If you had to pick one contestant from each series to all go back in the house together, who would you choose? Or is that really boring?

massive bereavement

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 05, 2018, 11:41:52 AM
If you had to pick one contestant from each series to all go back in the house together, who would you choose? Or is that really boring?

It would be fun to have a series made up of people who had been kicked out, there must be enough of them to make a sufficient number by now.

JesusAndYourBush

The last civilian BB I watched was 2007, I only just started watching again this year, it'll be a shame if it goes onto something like Netflix.  Is this year the first year they didn't do a Saturday show?

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 05, 2018, 11:41:52 AM

It wouldn't work.  Putting anyone back in the house doesn't work - remember when Nicky was evicted and they put her back in the house a few days(weeks?) later after she'd had time to watch herself so she knew what bits the public liked.  She suddenly became a caricature of herself and overnight went from being liked by the public to being hated.

massive bereavement

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 05, 2018, 11:52:35 AM
Is this year the first year they didn't do a Saturday show?

In the early days I think Saturdays was just a live task show of 30 mins, no highlights from the house.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: massive bereavement on November 05, 2018, 11:40:22 AM
Is it going to Netflix now then?

Don't know. I think they're still trying to sell it. Let's hope they go somewhere that actually values it though. Channel 5 have treated it like their ugly duckling for a while now. Planning to never watch that channel again after tonight.

I'll be interested to see how this final gets treated. The Ultimate Big Brother finale was a true celebration of the show, but shoving it at 10pm with a cramped main show and slightly extended BOTS seems like little fanfare. We'll probably just get Rylan blubbing.

Rolf Lundgren

The Roofdog

It must still be C5's most watched show though surely? Why did they stop giving a crap about it?

c

Quote from: The Roofdog on November 05, 2018, 07:33:31 PM
It must still be C5's most watched show though surely? Why did they stop giving a crap about it?

I wonder if there was friction between Endemol and C5? It's been C5 that have towie-ised the show (I recall even Emma ruing that there were only youngies on it, in an earlier C5 series) and you've got to imagine Endemol wound be proud of their original idea, rather than the orange version. Pure speculation, of course.

My fantasy is that Netflix buy it, as per the rumours, and make it Great Again.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: The Roofdog on November 05, 2018, 07:33:31 PM
It must still be C5's most watched show though surely?

Most recent BARB figures show that the top rated edition of BB that week was 12th out of Channel 5 shows.

INSIDE THE TOWER OF LONDON (TUE 21:15)   2,387,011   
INSIDE... (SUN 19:01)   1,705,204   
THE YORKSHIRE VET (TUE 20:00)   1,625,419   
PADDINGTON STATION 24/7 (MON 21:02)   1,619,336   
CHRIS TARRANT: EXTREME RAILWAY JOURNEYS (SUN 21:00)   1,384,927   
TRAFFIC COPS (MON 20:01)   1,321,114   
FILM: GOOSEBUMPS (2015) (SUN 17:09)   1,241,500   
GPS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS (WED 20:00)   1,212,450   
HOW TO GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP (WED 21:01)   1,204,458   
BOXING HUGHIE FURY WORLD TITLE ELIMINATO (SAT 21:00)   1,162,924   
CANADA: A YEAR IN THE WILD (THU 20:00)   1,130,599   
BIG BROTHER (MON 22:03)   1,104,670   
THE GREAT MODEL RAILWAY CHALLENGE (FRI 20:00)   1,101,837   
RICH HOUSE, POOR HOUSE (THU 21:01)   1,099,801   
BIG BROTHER (TUE 22:17)   1,093,086

up_the_hampipe

Oh wow, I guess people really are watching those shows then. The British public are very dull.

Not a surprising result last night. They were really pushed off to the side on BOTS though, weren't they? There was a shot of Cameron at the end like rows back in the crowd of people, looking a bit disappointed that his victory was just a footnote.

Jockice

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 06, 2018, 09:21:55 AM
Oh wow, I guess people really are watching those shows then. The British public are very dull.

Oi! I love Traffic Cops.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Jockice on November 06, 2018, 10:45:22 AM
Oi! I love Traffic Cops.

And I love the Great Model Railway Challenge and converted 3 others into regular viewers. It's really lovely TV.

Jockice

Quote from: hummingofevil on November 06, 2018, 11:08:36 AM
And I love the Great Model Railway Challenge and converted 3 others into regular viewers. It's really lovely TV.

Yes. My ******** watches that. She's from a family of train lovers. I'll be round at hers on Friday so will no doubt end up watching it with her.