Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 2018 (last series ever... on Channel 5)

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 14, 2018, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

That must be the shortest stay in the BB house ever.

PaulTMA

What a way to spend the first day of your twenties.

lol

steve98

Gone already? Fucking hell. She was the local girl I was gonna be rootin' for.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: steve98 on September 15, 2018, 08:38:29 PM
Gone already? Fucking hell. She was the local girl I was gonna be rootin' for.

She was by far the worst one of the group, so you should be glad she didn't cause further embarrassment to your area.

holyzombiejesus

Any good so far? Watched Friday night's but not checked it out since.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 19, 2018, 10:42:25 AM
Any good so far? Watched Friday night's but not checked it out since.

Yep. Didn't see last night, but they're a pretty entertaining bunch, even if they're mostly cunts. Sunday's 90 minute ep was really enjoyable.

Gay Conor McGregor is my favourite so far.

Ja'moke

That Lewis F is a nutter. He keeps banging on about Anamelia and how she's apparently "singling him out" and trying to wind him up. I don't even think she's mentioned his name in like two days.

JesusAndYourBush

Yeah, within 2 episodes Anamelia came to the fore as this series' obnoxious argumentative one, but in last nights episode despite her not doing anything to Lewis F he acted like a total knob.  He hates her so much that just her existence seems to be pissing him off.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 19, 2018, 01:54:32 PM
Yeah, within 2 episodes Anamelia came to the fore as this series' obnoxious argumentative one, but in last nights episode despite her not doing anything to Lewis F he acted like a total knob.  He hates her so much that just her existence seems to be pissing him off.

I think he's attracted to her and he's mad that it's not being reciprocated. School boy shit.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 19, 2018, 02:00:52 PM
I think he's attracted to her and he's mad that it's not being reciprocated. School boy shit.

Most likely. And it all kicked off when she was asked her preferences in guys, and the guy she described was, well, not him.

Ja'moke

up_the_hampipe

This is a really good series so far, I have to say. Might be one of the better first weeks of a civilian series in recent memory.

Replies From View

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 20, 2018, 08:59:05 PM
Looks like Big Brother might end up on ITV (most likely ITV2) if this ITV deal with Endemol goes through.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/16/big-brother-and-celebrity-big-brother-tipped-for-itv-as-sky-and-channel-4-deny-offers-7949773/

Oh jesus PLEASE may we just never hear of Big Brother again??  It brings such anguish that this little capsule of AIDS has to always be saved from extinction at the very last hurdle.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Replies From View on September 21, 2018, 07:15:33 PM
Oh jesus PLEASE may we just never hear of Big Brother again??  It brings such anguish that this little capsule of AIDS has to always be saved from extinction at the very last hurdle.

It's pretty easy to ignore.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Replies From View on September 21, 2018, 07:15:33 PM

How much anguish does it really cause you? I find The Great British Bake Off and football to be giant capsules of mega cancer AIDS, and it's very difficult to escape hearing about them, but it doesn't cause much bother. Big Brother hasn't been heavy on the mainstream radar for about 10 years, so it can't be inconveniencing you that much.

Ja'moke

Only took like 50 seasons, but finally BBUK has introduced the Power of Veto.

Ja'moke

Anybody still watching this? I've been enjoying it. Lewis F is annoying as shit, but a good housemate. I wish the others would get into the spirit of the game the same way Tomasz does.

Two new 'uns going in tonight.

JesusAndYourBush

Yes, I've been watching it.  (This is the first "civilian" BB I've seen since around 2007.  The last one I saw was the one before the one with the albino guy.)

In week 1 a few of them got fed up with Annamelia.  I noticed she had 3 arguments in the first 2 days.  Some of the others couldn't stop talking about her.  A few got so annoyed with her and said that it was basically "the Annamelia show".  The reason for that was because they couldn't bloody stop talking about her, not because of anything the girl did herself. They wouldn't shut up about her. Fucks sake!

And now they're going for Tomasz.  Apparently they're annoyed at his gameplaying.  Some of them won't stop bloody going on and on about his gameplaying.  It's not the gameplaying that's annoying it's because they won't stop bloody going on and on about it.

When they're playing whatever game or task they've been given surely they're all playing the game?  It's just that some are better at it than others.  Some of those tasks took place privately in a little room - if only Tomasz would keep playing the game but outside of the game room just STFU about it then he'd have it nailed.

I'm surprised that Broke and Kennally were voted bottom in the viewers poll.  Occasionally I catch site of a girl and I think "Who the hell is that?", then someone says her name, Sian.  Oh her! I forget about her because you hardly ever see her.  She shoulkd have been bottom of the poll.

Lewis F to go tonight hopefully.  Especiallyafter his disgraceful behaviour during the aeroplane task.

Ja'moke

Lewis F isn't up for eviction. It's Akeem, Isaac and Brooke. I think you might mean Isaac though, based on the aeroplane task.

But yeah, you're right on the game-playing thing. They're all playing their own games, it's just that Tomasz is overt about it. It very much reminds me of Big Brother 2 (US), that was the first season they switched from the usual "public vote" format Big Brother uses around the world and turned it into more of a strategic game. One housemate, Dr Will, was playing the game from the start and was honest about being deceitful. For weeks the other housemates were all still trying to play with "morals" and Will was public enemy number one. Viewers also hated Will at the beginning. But over the weeks it became clear the others were just as deceitful and backstabbing, but couldn't admit it to themselves. Will won in the end.

c

I'm still watching and thoroughly enjoying this series. I think the introduction of money and the concept of the richest and poorest three is genius, from a psychological standpoint. they've still not forgiven Akeem for being the richest and he's so blandly harmless. The task where they were allowed to steal/redistribute was clever and revealing and left a few of them tortured. I just wish they'd fully run with the money idea
Individual shopping budgets linked to their relative wealth would add a tonne of jeopardy to the thing, but it seems half forgotten.

Lewis F seems an extremely dark and weird individual. Obsessive, paranoid, narcissistic and disagreeable. A great housemate.

Cameron is playing a very obvious game with this 'revelation' - he's a superfan who knows winners go on 'journeys' so he's come into the house with one all pre cooked.

I'd bet on Cian for the win.

up_the_hampipe

I'm still watching, of course. Vote to evict is a real shitter, I don't know why they do it. Lewis G is gone and Isaac is most definitely next. I don't particularly like Isaac, but he was an interesting character who should have been in for the stretch. Still, two new housemates might perk things up, I'm assuming they'll be bringing in some sort of Lewis G surrogate.

I go back and forth on Lewis F. Sometimes he's really funny, other times he's a complete mess. At least he drove Kay out though.

Shout out to the task team this series. There's been some belters already.

up_the_hampipe

That's who they picked?!

Brooke and Sian's reaction to Isabella was interesting, at least.

Ja'moke

Agree on the tasks being great this series. They hired the BBCAN task producer for this series and it shows. BBCAN is the best current version of BB by the way, it's the perfect blend of BBUK and BBUS.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 05, 2018, 08:45:08 PM
Lewis F isn't up for eviction. It's Akeem, Isaac and Brooke. I think you might mean Isaac though, based on the aeroplane task.

Yeah, I realised while I was watching that I meant Isaac.  That argument with Kennally on the aeroplane was just stupid and would have undoubtedly caused a bunch of people to pick up the phone and vote for him.

I agree that Cameron is playing a game.  After we got his revelation tonight, later in BBLB his father said that him and a few other family members already knew.

c

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 06, 2018, 01:45:18 AM
I agree that Cameron is playing a game.  After we got his revelation tonight, later in BBLB his father said that him and a few other family members already knew.

Brian Dowling won, I think, after coming out on BB with his family 'not knowing'

c

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 05, 2018, 11:47:14 PM
Agree on the tasks being great this series. They hired the BBCAN task producer for this series and it shows. BBCAN is the best current version of BB by the way, it's the perfect blend of BBUK and BBUS.

This is interesting information. Thank you.

This is probably what everyone thinks, but I'm really hoping BB goes fallow for a few years and returns in its more original form, without this obsession with the young, orange and dim. To my mind, the celeb version is often better not because they're 'famous' but because they're older, they have opinions, life experience and have had enough time knocking around that their personalities have grown in odd and interesting ways.

up_the_hampipe

What do we think of these new housemates then? Seemed to make a better impression last episode, and Hussain might end up being an enjoyable little shitebag. They have their defences up more than ever with these newbies though, don't they?

Ja'moke

I quite like the newbies. Or at least like that they've ruffled a few feathers among the original group who were becoming too comfortable in their dynamic. And I also quite enjoy the friendship between Isabella & Hussain.

However, unless he wins immunity again next week, I can't see Hussain sticking around very long.

massive bereavement

The self-proclaimed 'king of the house' can't be for real, surely, he'd lose a physical fight with Cameron. It's a pity Isaac isn't still in there, I reckon there'd be a Hussain shaped hole in the outside wall by now as a permanent reminder of his swift exit from the house on the receiving end of a single punch. He must be on some sort of task.