Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 2018 (last series ever... on Channel 5)

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 14, 2018, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Very emotional moment as Cameron came out to the group just now. Almost forgiven him for being a Tory wingebag.

c

I'm an episode behind, so have missed the latest, but still trying to work out if he's actually gay or if he's some sort of alt-right troll doing a horrible stunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5toNrjlrq4&feature=youtu.be

Maybe I'm too cynical. Maybe I'm not, though.

As for the new characters, Isabelle seems rather dull so far and Hussain's just yer classic in-and-out burger. Does he not realise BB is literally a personality contest, and walking in annoying and insulting everyone is 'playing the game' in the most stupid way possible?

up_the_hampipe

It has worked in the past. They see it as entertaining the public, but when it's vote to evict your days are numbered.

JesusAndYourBush

The new guy said Lewis G was a joker and he's the King.  No, he's that card with the instructions on it* that gets thrown away.  (Or whatever it is, nobody pays enough attention to find out.)

Being annoying is a fine line and nobody really gets it right.  If you annoy the other housemates you get nominated.  If the public find you too annoying (as opposed to being entertaining) you stand a good chance of being evicted.  Lewis G nearly managed it.  If he'd just kept his annoying behaviour out of the bedroom (sleep is sacrosanct) and not wasted food he'd have lasted longer.

Quote from: c on October 08, 2018, 10:54:45 PM
I'm an episode behind, so have missed the latest, but still trying to work out if he's actually gay or if he's some sort of alt-right troll doing a horrible stunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5toNrjlrq4&feature=youtu.be

I couldn't watch more than a minute or two of that.  So annoying to watch, he's so unfocussed.
Is he a "youtuber" then?  He's not very good at it going by the couple of minutes I was able to stomach before bailing.

c

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 08, 2018, 11:19:53 PM
It has worked in the past. They see it as entertaining the public, but when it's vote to evict your days are numbered.

Oh yes, Helen Wood.

She'd have squashed this twat like a raisin

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: c on October 09, 2018, 07:56:55 AM
Oh yes, Helen Wood.

She'd have squashed this twat like a raisin

I was thinking more like Bear. Helen Wood was just a nasty piece of shit. She would have been out very quickly if she didn't get a pass to the final on the first night. One of the worst decisions BB ever made.

Ja'moke

Yeah, Helen Wood was one of worst and nastiest housemates this show has ever seen, and that's saying a lot. I stopped watching that series because of her.

Bear was ace though. It never felt like he was targetting a specific person. He was on CBB though, so helped by a vote to save.

c

I'd forgotten that pass to the final. She was grim indeed. I thought Bear was pretty grotesque too, to be honest. There seemed to be a barely repressed violence about him.

Ja'moke

up_the_hampipe

I'm enjoying Hussain giving Cameron the business.

Also Lewis' mental state is edging closer to Kanye territory. Someone save him!

Ja'moke

Yeah, I kinda like Hussain. Cameron is such a shit stirrer and can't even admit it.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 09, 2018, 11:07:14 PM
Sian is so fucking dull.

That's all.

Yeah, I can't understand why she hasn't been bottom in the viewers vote.  Often you can get 20 to 25 minutes into an episode without even seeing her.  She's the invisible girl.

holyzombiejesus

Instead of doing one of those mooted BB Gold 'best of' series, they should get all the ejected housemates in a house together. Just read through this list and there were some really horrible cunts in there, Dennis and Alexandra in particular.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/17/every-big-brother-contestant-who-has-been-kicked-out-like-ellis-hillon-rodrigo-alves-and-tila-tequila-7952884/

up_the_hampipe

Removing housemates was quite rare for a while, but in the past couple of years they've been tossing people out left, right and centre. Probably social media making it easier for outrage to build.

There was a big gap between 2008 and 2013 where no one was removed, so I remember it being very dramatic when Daley was kicked out.

c

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 10, 2018, 10:39:31 AM
Instead of doing one of those mooted BB Gold 'best of' series, they should get all the ejected housemates in a house together. Just read through this list and there were some really horrible cunts in there, Dennis and Alexandra in particular.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/17/every-big-brother-contestant-who-has-been-kicked-out-like-ellis-hillon-rodrigo-alves-and-tila-tequila-7952884/

WOULD WATCH

holyzombiejesus

Oh, they shouldn't broadcast it. Just keep the cunts locked away. Pump it full of cement whilst they sleep.

Ja'moke

Imagine being so shallow that Luke is an example of "deep".

c

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 10, 2018, 11:26:56 PM
Imagine being so shallow that Luke is an example of "deep".

This has been irritating me too. He's just told everyone "I like deep conversations" and they've accepted it. But what does he talk about? The height of a bear.

Jockice

Quote from: c on October 11, 2018, 07:55:56 AM
This has been irritating me too. He's just told everyone "I like deep conversations" and they've accepted it. But what does he talk about? The height of a bear.

I don't watch BB but come on. That is a great subject.

JesusAndYourBush

Oh great, Hussain is also also one of those "that's just who I am, take it or leave it, I'm not going to change" arseholes.  I wonder if the selection process isn't very thorough, or do they choose them deliberately?  Probably the latter.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 09, 2018, 11:07:14 PM
Sian is so fucking dull.

That's all.

May well be the case but I spent most of the last episode just cooing at the TV whenever she was on.

up_the_hampipe

So we've got Kenny and Akeem up for eviction tonight. Probably going to be Akeem. Another character who is important to much of the tension in the house, so that'll be a shame. At least Lewis saved himself, as he's the star (love or loathe) at the moment.

Ja'moke

Hoping Akeem will stay, as you say, he brings much more to the house. The women on the whole are pretty dull this series, which is unusual, as I tend to find the women are often the more entertaining characters in BB.

JesusAndYourBush

Nice to see Hussain gave his act a rest in last nights episode.  He even made a perceptive comment about Cameron being basically a hanger-on (which I'd already noticed) and that being Lewis's hanger-on is only going to drag his popularity down.  Towards the end of Lewis's stupid argument with Akeem, Cameron chimed in parroting Lewis's previous line, making himself look a bit of a plonker.

Ja'moke

Glad that Kenalie went. And she gave her coins to Hussain, so he might have a chance at surviving this week, maybe.

They're taking another page from the BBUS/CAN book next week with the Fast Forward double eviction. A week's worth of BB in one night. Not sure how they'll fit it all into a pretaped show though.

up_the_hampipe

Was surprised by the eviction result. I didn't think many people would pick the phone up to get rid of Kenny. But I'm glad Akeem is safe. I felt very sorry for him during last night's show, he's a bit of a turnip but gets a lot of unfair treatment. But it was funny when Zoe pretended to be Big Brother calling him to the diary room and he thought it was real.

remedial_gash

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 13, 2018, 09:24:57 PM
Was surprised by the eviction result. I didn't think many people would pick the phone up to get rid of Kenny. But I'm glad Akeem is safe. I felt very sorry for him during last night's show, he's a bit of a turnip but gets a lot of unfair treatment. But it was funny when Zoe pretended to be Big Brother calling him to the diary room and he thought it was real.

I haven't seen last night's yet, but admit to checking my phone around 11 and letting out a mildly audible purrr... Was incredibly shocked that he stayed, but as people have said above, the girls haven't offered much this year year.

c

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 13, 2018, 09:24:57 PM
I felt very sorry for him during last night's show, he's a bit of a turnip but gets a lot of unfair treatment.

Very much agree with this. He is a bit of a wally but living with Lewis and Cameron and their inexplicable toxic obsession must be hard and horrible and I'm beginning to admire his fortitude.

I still can't help but question Cameron's 'journey'. He said on one of the very first days he had this 'secret', so he came in with it all planned out. I might be wildly wrong but something feels off about the whole thing.

In the meantime, here's some poetry by Lewis, #deep

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl0kapxA8nl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12ejv3doejwb1

JesusAndYourBush

Yeah, I'm liking Hussain now he's dropped the act.  It must have been a tactic - act like a knob then when you stop doing it everyone will be impressed with how much you've improved.  Just so long as people forget about the first few days when it comes to the next nominations.  And Lewis keeps saying he's deep.  It doesn't count if you have to say it yourself.  He's about as deep as a petri dish.

RedRevolver

You know what they should do?

Bring back Jailbreak. Not with Charlie Stayt. Aces!