Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 2018 (last series ever... on Channel 5)

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 14, 2018, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

I'm Team Lewis all the way. He's utterly hilarious. In last two days we've had "maintenance masterbation" and "the only thing real about him (Tomasz)) is those sex noises he makes". Yeah he's a bit of a wally but I'm loving watching him.

Zoe to win though please.

hummingofevil

Thought tonight had two really brutal moments.

Cameron seeing Cian feeling a bit sorry for himself and then basically resolving it by saying they can't be friends was hard to watch. Cameron has a point but whilst Cian made a mistake he's obviously not a wrong-un so it was very sad seeing him realise he's fucked it.

Hussain is just a cunt. I'm glad no one stood up to him apart from Isabella as it let him play out and reveal this being a cunt thing isn't an act. There are few lower behaviours in the real world than men guilt tripping women who don't fancy them, but to do it so unapologetically and being unable to recognise what he's done is nasty, dangerous behaviour.

Akeem can go fuck himsekf too.

Lewis' face when he realised the house was getting punished was hilarious.

Hussain to fuck off massively on Friday and I hope Emma tears him one.

Ja'moke

I didn't like how Hussain acted tonight, but I've quite enjoyed him until then. And he's preferable to Lewis, who is a great housemate, but a horrible emotional manipulator and hypocrite.

up_the_hampipe

It's obvious he fancies Isabella and he's extremely jealous of Lewis. Sad to see, it's a shame it will probably ruin his chances of survival, unless he gets the game changer. If not, it'll be Lewis and Hussain out this week, yet another blow to the series.

Ja'moke

Nah, the website has opened up poll where fans can choose either Vote to Evict or Vote to Save for the rest of the series. Clearly an attempt to save the bigger characters. Luke will be fine if it's to Save.

Ja'moke

c

It seems there's been a minor kerfuffle over what at least appears like BB trying to keep Lewis in by changing from vote to evict to vote to save (although it's not happening now perhaps because of said kerfuffle): http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/big-brother/news/a868648/big-brother-2018-lewis-flanagan-rigged-claims/

I'm not sure what I'd prefer but surely vote to evict means that difficult and controversial characters go more quickly? Which is a shame.

Ja'moke

It should have been Vote To Save from the start, so I can see why people think it's shady that they suddenly announced this vote after the nominations had happened. But as you say, Vote to Evict still won the vote anyway.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: c on October 18, 2018, 12:40:29 AM
I'm not sure what I'd prefer but surely vote to evict means that difficult and controversial characters go more quickly? Which is a shame.

Vote to evict is generally a really bad idea for this reason. Sure, it can eliminate some dominant nasty characters, but it also kills off the entertainment and allows the boring people to float to the final.

remedial_gash

The public are idiots and the worst thing happened with 'bella winning game changer, so we'll lose one of the only 3 characters left in it. Was glad to see Hussein have a meltdown last night --  only proves he's human.

c

Quote from: remedial_gash on October 18, 2018, 04:49:59 PM
Was glad to see Hussein have a meltdown last night --  only proves he's human.

Yes I suddenly felt very sorry for him. TBH he's not the brightest/insightful guy and has a tendency towards anger and I was left with the impression of someone in the horrible situation of being trapped inside a personality that doesn't do him any favours. It was sad to hear that he was so isolated at school and that he struggles to see how he's causing his own issues. We've all got a bit of Hussain in us (when I say "all" I mean "96% of Cabbers"). 

hummingofevil

Quote from: c on October 19, 2018, 09:57:25 AM
Yes I suddenly felt very sorry for him. TBH he's not the brightest/insightful guy and has a tendency towards anger and I was left with the impression of someone in the horrible situation of being trapped inside a personality that doesn't do him any favours. It was sad to hear that he was so isolated at school and that he struggles to see how he's causing his own issues. We've all got a bit of Hussain in us (when I say "all" I mean "96% of Cabbers").

Its also quite interesting how given the current climate surrounding all things abusive towards women (rightly so) that until it kicked off last night no-one has actually properly pulled Hussain up on what he is actually doing.

For these woke times we live in the fact that the general mantra from the housemates that they "can see his point" is as depressing as it is wrong. He needs to be told straight up that if a woman he fancies fancies someone else it is absolutely none of his fucking business and there is literally no justification for his behaviour and his attempts at controlling and manipulative behaviour are dangerous. I know its Big Brother but the producers are tolerating this as a version of normal behaviour and on BBOTS generally the contributors agree. If a woman watching that is going through the same thing and is thinking that they are somehow in the wrong then that is bleak as fuck.

I suspect it all about the dynamics of the personalities but think if Kenally, Anamelia or even Isaac had been in there they wouldn't have tolerated his shit. There are too many wet blankets in there and no-one to calmly stand up to him and give him what for. It why I also think Akeem is a "110%" cunt.

I genuinely have zero time for anyone who defends any part of his behaviour (its also premeditated towards Lewis and this "he came for me when I arrived" is bullshit as on the night he came in to get at Lewis - Lewis spotted it straight away and even mentioned it on camera - and there was nonsense about hiding his stuff).

For Lewis to be the bad guy for not rising to him is madness.

c

I haven't seen Thursday nights yet but, yes, his behaviour towards Isabelle has recently been unpleasant to watch

hummingofevil

That has to be one of the great B.B. episodes. Fucking brilliant. How they keep making these dullards to fascinating to watch is a mastery of tv production. Just amazing.

JesusAndYourBush

With the mention of testing their loyalty sometime earlier, I was hoping that out of the ones up for eviction, the one with the lowest amount of coins would go, with the other housemates given the ability to give coins to the possible evictees to bump their total up and therefore to save them. 

Ja'moke

It very much feels like they're protecting Cameron and Lewis at this point. The highest coin holder had never been immune prior to this twist. And not only that but Cameron had the choice of who to be evicted.

Bence Fekete

Enjoying this series for once.  They may have finally sorted out evictions with all the various twists as the more interesting dynamics have remained.  Helps that they picked somewhat normal humans too.  'Proud wanker' Hussain had to go ('fcourse) but Isabella too, for her gross miscalculation that the twat could be cuddled out of adolescence. 

Only Brooke can topple Cameron at this point with a last minute sexuality switcheroo. 

"Not the penis!"

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: hummingofevil on October 20, 2018, 12:55:41 AM
That has to be one of the great B.B. episodes. Fucking brilliant.

It was very good indeed. Lewis' "fuck you all" attitude throughout the game was pretty funny. Cameron shaking like a leaf, Isabella not wanting to leave, Zoe having a massive brainfart when trying to nominate. I'm assuming part of the reason they did so much live action was so they could skim through it on Sunday's double highlights episode.

'Positive nominations' this week could either be despicably sweet or amusingly snide. Might be the first time Lewis would struggle for nominations.

c

It's great that they, at last, have made the diary room sacrosanct again. They're also not betraying any 'private' conversations to the whole group, even when they're caught discussing noms. I fear it's too late - it's only really Lewis and perhaps Cameron (??) who really properly let off in there. The trust has gone. But I applaud the fact they're trying.

It's a shame BB is going. This is definitely a better production than we've seen for ages. If only they'd remembered that people over 35 exist.

machotrouts

I think it'd have been a better series if I hadn't failed the psych assessment.

c

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 25, 2018, 09:11:54 AM
I love Akeem.

Me too. I think i want him to win now. He's definitely a wally and quite simple but he's had a hard time from people in there for no good reason and he's handled it with incredible measure. I'd have gone fucking postal by now.

up_the_hampipe

Brilliant episode tonight. Loved the task and how shit Cameron was. Cian hiding behind Zoe was a great ending.

hummingofevil

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 25, 2018, 11:00:30 PM
Brilliant episode tonight. Loved the task and how shit Cameron was. Cian hiding behind Zoe was a great ending.

Absolutely! There are very few episodes of BB that feel like they worth repeat viewing but that was one. The production is very excellent but the real joy is how their friendships all seem so natural that the humour and entertainment just develops naturally. The highest compliament is that I'm gonna miss these guys.

Thank fuck Hussain fucked off.

Ja'moke

Agreed that was a great episode. The prison task, which was similarly brilliant back in BB7 (yes my mind stores useless knowledge of BB history), was the perfect task to bring back here. The group all took to it in their various ways.

Lewis looked like he was finally having fun. And Sian was on the ball. Zoe is getting on my tits though, proper holding a grudge against Cian for something that happened weeks ago that he already apologised for.

holyzombiejesus

I really like Sian and want her to win. She's probably contributed the least to the show but, since Emma's changed her hair style from lovely conker to frightened squirrel, I tune in just to gaze at her. She'd have been a shoo-in for a Nuts front cover if the bloody feminists hadn't banned it.

hummingofevil

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 26, 2018, 11:16:36 AM
I really like Sian and want her to win. She's probably contributed the least to the show but, since Emma's changed her hair style from lovely conker to frightened squirrel, I tune in just to gaze at her. She'd have been a shoo-in for a Nuts front cover if the bloody feminists hadn't banned it.

Her role play with Akeem on how to avoid unwanted human interaction should be a lesson to us all. A masterpiece of passive control.

So how much if this whole series has Lewis been on the wind up? Given his acting arguing and moaning performance yesterday was essentially exactly what we've seen from him the rest of the time it's hard to tell if he's ever not joking. Maybe he doesn't know.

The other thing I realised yesterday is this lot would be absolute gold if the live feed still existed. Just hanging out trying to amuse / annoy each other every night. I'd watch.

JesusAndYourBush

I assume they reduced and then stopped entirely the live feed for legal reasons, because it's too costly to have someone monitoring and censoring the feed 24/7.  A shame, because in the earliest series there was the ability fo view a variety of different cameras not just one, and one series even had a 3D camera in the middle of the room that you could view, although on a 56k modem all I got was a still image.  A shame they didn't save all that stuff  until internet was fast enough to properly appreciate it.

Yes it was a very good episode last night.   I'm wondering what the final auction item is going to be.  The two previous things have been bullshit.  Hussain getting to put someone up for eviction and then choosing someone who'd have been up anyway, and Akeem being told some trivial things one day before everyone else is told them while making others suspicious of what he's being told.  I wonder if the final thing will be the chance to evict someone on the spot?  No that'd be too dramatic, it'll probably be a free pass to the final.

Ja'moke

Lewis has been removed for "unacceptable language".