Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Lamarr kicks off

Started by Jamesieab, September 15, 2018, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kngen

Quote from: Cuellar on September 21, 2018, 09:30:50 AM
Seems to be a guy called Michael Whaite who, as far as I can make out, wrote a rhyming kids books about dogs, and used a snarling bull terrier for 'scary dog'.

This is a joke isn't it? I hope it's not though.

His response was quite good too: 'What do you think @PenguinBooks?'

No, those dog advocate people are fucking mental.

That is a great response, though.

up_the_hampipe

I keep checking this thread thinking there would be an update on Mark Lamarr, but I don't know how the fuck you've got to this. Can we split the topic or something?

the

There are already two ML threads (the other's in GB), unfortunately they're both excruciating.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 21, 2018, 04:45:37 PM
I keep checking this thread thinking there would be an update on Mark Lamarr, but I don't know how the fuck you've got to this. Can we split the topic or something?

You've got until the 2nd October before the court hearing. Plenty of time for everybody to order knitting needles and practice their quiet cackling.

Tairy_Green

Rather boringly, if the case is in for a first hearing at the magistrate's on October 2nd, I wouldn't expect any fireworks. At best, he'll plead guilty and the case will most likely be adjourned for sentencing, but it's more likely that it will be adjourned for a trial or committed to crown court.

thraxx

Quote from: Tairy_Green on September 21, 2018, 06:37:53 PM
Rather boringly, if the case is in for a first hearing at the magistrate's on October 2nd, I wouldn't expect any fireworks. At best, he'll plead guilty and the case will most likely be adjourned for sentencing, but it's more likely that it will be adjourned for a trial or committed to crown court.

Dont bring me down with this bollocks. I'm taking a days holiday to go and watch firebrand courtroom antics.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: thraxx on September 21, 2018, 06:45:44 PM
Dont bring me down with this bollocks. I'm taking a days holiday to go and watch firebrand courtroom antics.

I'm eagerly awaiting your report.

bgmnts

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 21, 2018, 11:42:28 AM
I never understand this idea that Twitter is a hate-filled pit. Twitter isn't anything in particular, it's more or less entirely what you choose it to be... if you don't like the political stuff, just don't follow people who tend to talk politics.

Obviously you can't legislate for non-political people you follow suddenly getting into political arguments, but for the most part it's fairly easy to avoid any topics you don't want to engage with - if you only want to use Twitter for football coverage, only follow football-related accounts. If you only want to use it for movies, only follow movie-related accounts.

All Twitter is is a platform, what you see is mostly generated by your own choices. If you don't like the ceaseless, poisonous political discussions, just follow coffee_dad and Doug Episodes.

Twitter has the reputation though, from everyone. So it must be something to it that you dont get with facebook or instagram.

thraxx

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 21, 2018, 06:57:33 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting your report.

I've got some pencils (nicked from my daughter) and I'm going to do some in court artwork.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Tairy_Green on September 21, 2018, 06:37:53 PM

It's also very possible if he pleads guilty that it will be dealt with then and all the sordid details will be read out in court as well as sentencing including a right telling off.

Brundle-Fly

He might also be completely exonerated.

Dr Rock

I think if he pleads not guilty it will automatically go to a crown court with a jury and Judge Nutmeg. Unless the charges are dropped for some reason.

Uncle TechTip

Should probably wait until it happens, really.

Utter Shit

Quote from: bgmnts on September 21, 2018, 08:43:46 PM
Twitter has the reputation though, from everyone. So it must be something to it that you dont get with facebook or instagram.

They're all the same ie. you have almost complete control of the content. Twitter has more scope for shithousing than the others because it's more discursive than Instagram and less personal than Facebook, but it's not inherently hateful. If one day you realise all your friends are cunts, you get new friends. You don't reject the entire concept of friendship.

Clive Langham

You seem to get a horrible kind of ganging-up on Twitter that you don't really get on Facebook.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Clive Langham on September 21, 2018, 09:56:29 PM
You seem to get a horrible kind of ganging-up on Twitter that you don't really get on Facebook.

You do get it on Facebook, a lot as well, but it does tend to be kept within groups and only "escapes" if one of the group hasn't locked their profile down, or shares a conversation by accident.  Twitter is all public isn't it? (genuine question - I don't use Twitter, but that's how I understand it to be)

zomgmouse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 21, 2018, 10:58:06 PM
You do get it on Facebook, a lot as well, but it does tend to be kept within groups and only "escapes" if one of the group hasn't locked their profile down, or shares a conversation by accident.  Twitter is all public isn't it? (genuine question - I don't use Twitter, but that's how I understand it to be)
On Facebook it'll happen in the comment threads of public pages as well; news articles quite commonly, for example. On Twitter you can also lock your profile specifically so it isn't public.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: zomgmouse on September 21, 2018, 11:23:46 PM
On Twitter you can also lock your profile specifically so it isn't public.

Ahh, right.

bgmnts

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 21, 2018, 09:42:21 PM
They're all the same ie. you have almost complete control of the content. Twitter has more scope for shithousing than the others because it's more discursive than Instagram and less personal than Facebook, but it's not inherently hateful. If one day you realise all your friends are cunts, you get new friends. You don't reject the entire concept of friendship.

I suppose. Although is there any form of social media that is worthwhile? Not trying to be funny but it does seem to be either people just agreeing with each other or people calling each other cunts. I am sure there is some worthwhile content buried underneath all that but i'd like to think there is a better way.

Utter Shit

I'm sure there are much more worthy things to do with your time but Twitter makes me laugh a huge amount, I'd say that makes it worthwhile. That's not meant to be dismissive either, any platform that leads to this sort of inspired nonsense is ok with me.

https://twitter.com/wowprettylady/status/1041366682701389824?s=19

c

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 22, 2018, 08:49:57 AM
any platform that leads to this sort of inspired nonsense is ok with me.

https://twitter.com/wowprettylady/status/1041366682701389824?s=19

Proof, if proof were needed, that comedy is subjective.

Utter Shit

You're all being very aggressive to me right now.

c

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 22, 2018, 10:55:40 AM
You're all being very aggressive to me right now.

No offence, Mr Shit.

(Totally agree with you on Big Brother 5, though, but that's another thread. 'Fight night' will surely go down as one of my greatest TV watching experiences ever.)

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: thraxx on September 21, 2018, 08:46:07 PM
I've got some pencils (nicked from my daughter) and I'm going to do some in court artwork.

Given the standard of a lot of court artists work you would be better off sending your daughter.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40909553

Tony Tony Tony

Twed

That's the best post ever made.

bgmnts

Just signed back on twitter sfter a few years and immediately was greeted to a horrid video of a dying dog being hit in the head with a baseball bat, killing it.

I don't like Twitter.

VaginaSimpson

Maybe I should update this thread too as the other one is lost in a galaxy somewhere.

So, Mark update. Apparently he has a kid and was looking after her and his ex (kid's mum) broke into the flat completely off her face trying to take her kid and he wouldn't let her have the kid in that state. Read it yourself. I screencapped a Tweet:
http://imgur.com/9v77CDe

God i wish i wasn't so nosey.

So that's who all the quavers were for. Knew he was a reformed character.

Full time lurker here. Now joined just for this.