Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester Meet Sat 22nd September - Sandbar - Midday Onwards

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, September 15, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hi All,

Now the date + location is confirmed I've started a new thread with the details at the top in case anyone fancies making an appearance and may not have been aware.

Here's the bar: https://goo.gl/maps/gYeRF3vuAUq

I'm arriving via National Express coach from Leeds as there may be disruption to the rail services (and it's a bit cheaper).

Looking forward to seeing some familiar face... and hopefully a few unfamiliar faces too.

We promise to not talk about the Labour Party for more than 2 of the hours.

pancreas

I'll probably be with you 13:30 and am leaving on the 21:26 train from Piccadilly, which I *cannot* miss.

Kelvin

I might be able to come. I move into my new flat this weekend, so it depends what state things are in by the following weekend. I'd like to attend another meet, though, and this is probably my best chance.

pancreas

Kelvin

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nice one...

are there any other takers? (Thinking doppelkorn/Action Fish/tookish..Dannyhood? Biniput + Simnock?)

Norton Canes

As intimated on the other thread it is my avowed intention to arrive at Piccadilly station around midday and upon alighting, make my way to the point of rendezvous by way of a casual detour through the city's Northern Quarter. Furthermore I have discovered that there is a train departing Oxford Road station at 8:20 pm which will convey me directly to Preston from where my devoted wife has graciously agreed to collect me and return me home, assuming I am in a lucid and amenable condition.

pancreas

If I know your wife—and I think I do—you'd better bring your hiking boots just in case.

Norton Canes

pancreas

BTW if it helps sway anyone's decision, I'll be giving out free strips of magnesium ribbon at the meet.

holyzombiejesus

My wife has suggested that I come over in the afternoon and bring the baby. My wife hasn't ever been on Cookdandbombd.

pancreas

The more the merrier. I'll have enough magnesium for everyone, baby inclu.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Train strikes on Saturday, innit ? Might make things difficult for some folk.

Norton Canes

Hmm. Just checked the trains to Manchester in the morning, hadn't thought of that. I can get to Preston but my options after that are either to get on a bus to Piccadilly, or take a train to some Godforsaken outpost in Warrington and walk - yes, walk - to some other Godforsaken outpost in Warrington where I get on a train that actually ends up in Manchester. Can't see any of that happening in under two hours. Suppose I'll just have to get up earlier.

I presume this industrial action is not affecting those travelers from points east?

pancreas

tookish

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Likewise:

Further info on the venue for the uninitiated (includes.me):

sandbar
120 Grosvenor St, Manchester M1 7HL, UK
+44 161 273 1552

https://goo.gl/maps/CQspYhRQZ932

http://sandbarmanchester.co.uk/about.html

Read about how environmentally sexy they are

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It says they don't take cash. That seems an important thing to mention.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What time do proceedings commence ? If I *do* turn up, I'm going to have to bail fairly early on in the evening.

Wait a minute.....they don't take cash ???

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Futureproof this making it harder to pay for things malarkey.

I'll be there hopefully from 1PM onwards.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 20, 2018, 01:11:55 PM
Not taking cash, indeed. What's all that about ?

- Pretending to be progressive
- Not trusting their bar staff not to skim the tills

Only brainstorming like, not sure why.

Christ, in Prague you'd probably be gobbed on in some places if you didn't have cash.

"Nope, none of that legal tender here, buddy".

Uncle TechTip

Ironically it costs cash to move cash securely from the premises to the bank.

holyzombiejesus

There's a bar and some street food places in the portakabins under the flyover really close by (sounds lovely, doesn't it?) and they refuse cash too. I presumed it was due to wanting to deter robbers. When I lived in South Manchester, there were loads of incidents of bars getting held up by masked gunmen at drinking up time. In fact, I managed to foil one such attempt in Whalley Range; reckon I crushed the fucker's fingers.

doppelkorn

Right I will be there at some point probs late PM or something I dunno I've had to bin of this bike race cos I've got actual work wor kto do fuck my life

pancreas

Quote from: doppelkorn on September 20, 2018, 03:57:31 PM
Right I will be there at some point probs late PM or something I dunno I've had to bin of this bike race cos I've got actual work wor kto do fuck my life

Good lad.

doppelkorn

I will be riding my biek you bunch of slobs. Just debating whether to wear Full on MTB body armour or just a little pair of pumps and nowt else.

Shoulders?-Stomach!