Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester Meet Sat 22nd September - Sandbar - Midday Onwards

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, September 15, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

If you're asking if we want to see your penis, I think you needn't have bothered asking.

monolith

Have a house warming later on in the day and not sure my anxiety can handle two social occasions in one day, one with mostly new people and one with completely new people.

If I did brave it how would I spot you all? Is it genuinely just the table with lots of bald people?

doppelkorn

doppelkorn

I've just been looking for that meet thread that contains pictures of me on my way to do an overnight ride. Lost now, like gel wrappers fluttering in the wind.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: monolith on September 21, 2018, 03:26:07 PM
Have a house warming later on in the day and not sure my anxiety can handle two social occasions in one day, one with mostly new people and one with completely new people.

If I did brave it how would I spot you all? Is it genuinely just the table with lots of bald people?

I think most people due to attend have a full head of hair ...on their head! What's the place coming to? Sadly my reliable partner-in-bald is no longer with us. And I don't think they do Mixed Grill at Sandbar.

I think the meet will help your anxiety if anything, I always feel more confident after social gatherings where I haven't shat myself

Lost Oliver

If I can get over my cold and social anxiety I'll say hello.

pancreas

Quote from: Lost Oliver on September 21, 2018, 04:18:54 PM

Do, and make sure to wear your delightful braces.

pancreas

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 21, 2018, 04:17:28 PM
I think most people due to attend have a full head of hair ...on their head!

Mine is bidding me adieu, I should warn you.

phes

I'm bald, so I may make an appearance to aid others in identifying the group

Quote from: Lost Oliver on September 21, 2018, 04:18:54 PM

If I make it which I hope I do, I'll be shitting myself too. If I actually shit myself it may be the first CaB meet shitted pants anecdote and that's boosting my sense of worth

Edit: I see shitted pants have already been mentioned. Bodes well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Phes, you seemed pretty social when we met in Leeds, was that all just buoyed on a lifering of shitted kecks?

Kelvin

Gonna have to pull out I'm afraid. Last night, in the storm, water started pouring out from behind my kitchen lightswitch, and the landlord is getting it repaired tmw at some point. Sorry to cancel. I was looking forward to it, after not attending a meet in a few years, but hopefully I'll be able to attend the next Manchester one instead*.

* Assuming I'm not killed in an electrical fire tonight.

Norton Canes

I'm going to try and get use of the car tomorrow because I honestly can not be fucked with walking across Warrington twice, or sitting on a bus from Preston, just to get to Manchester and back. Unfortunately such action will preclude alcohol consumption, but there you go.

Negotiations with Mrs Canes will commence once she returns from yoga in half an hour or so. Hopefully the yoga will have made her blissed-out and compliant.

buzby

Quote from: bgmnts on September 21, 2018, 08:22:49 PM
Does Manchester have a train station?
Two main ones, though there will be a shortage of trains tomorrow..
Like Kelvin I've got some storm-induced emergency house repairs to sort out tomorrow, but I may be able to stop by late afternoon/early evening to stand in the background and not say anything. I'm not sure I get the idea of having to buy a bottle of water with a debit card though.

phes

Quote from: buzby on September 21, 2018, 10:01:23 PM
Like Kelvin I've got some storm-induced emergency house repairs to sort out tomorrow, but I may be able to stop by late afternoon/early evening to stand in the background and not say anything. I'm not sure I get the idea of having to buy a bottle of water with a debit card though.

Three main ones!

Easiest to get to Sandbar from Oxford Road

buzby

Quote from: phes on September 21, 2018, 10:12:57 PM
Three main ones!
I don't count Oxford Road as a 'main' station as virtually every train that stops there ends up stopping at Piccadilly as well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kelvin on September 21, 2018, 06:54:19 PM
Gonna have to pull out I'm afraid. Last night, in the storm, water started pouring out from behind my kitchen lightswitch, and the landlord is getting it repaired tmw at some point. Sorry to cancel. I was looking forward to it, after not attending a meet in a few years, but hopefully I'll be able to attend the next Manchester one instead*.

Just arrive after it has all been fixed in 15 minutes. See you there

monolith

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 21, 2018, 06:35:14 PM
Phes, you seemed pretty social when we met in Leeds, was that all just buoyed on a lifering of shitted kecks?
Can't speak for Phes but most people I've met have been shocked when I've mentioned that I find social gatherings anxiety inducing. Apparently I come across as very sociable and don't seem anxious, which I sort of get as I think from the outside I probably seem alright as I'm usually fairly chatty unless I'm really out of my comfort zone with lots of super confident and beautiful people, but inside I'm in bits.

Anyway, tomorrow is looking slightly less likely now as was meant to see a friend who was back from holiday tonight but she couldn't make it so seeing her late morning/afternoon but if there's time between that and the house warming then I will try to pop my head in for an hour or so.

If I do come I'll probably walk in looking lost and doing slightly weird stares at groups of people so if you see anyone doing that then just shout at me.

phes

I'm usually fine when I get to these things but liable to get anxious and bottle them

holyzombiejesus

The only way I can come really is to bring the baby with me and that just seems a bit silly. You can't go to a meet with a buggy.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: phes on September 22, 2018, 12:30:00 AM
I'm usually fine when I get to these things but liable to get anxious and bottle them

At the first one I went to, I ended up stood at the bar for 20 minutes nervously looking over at the table full of verbwhores. It was fine once I'd introduced myself (although I knew Serge already and had communicated with Janie in the past) although I found it really shit having to introduce myself as my username. You'll be fine with Phes though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

bgmnts

Quote from: buzby on September 21, 2018, 10:01:23 PM

Initially just joking but I genuinely only have been to Manchester Piccadilly.

Learn something new.

phes

Actually five if you're just talking geographically around the center and inside the ring road as Salford central is v close, and there's Deansgate

Come on: 5 railway stations, the tram and one coach stand
I'll only add you on Facebook after if you say I can

pancreas

Quote from: Kelvin on September 21, 2018, 06:54:19 PM

Let the landlord get on with it himself, you damn fool; why on earth should you be there?

pancreas

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 22, 2018, 12:39:28 AM
The only way I can come really is to bring the baby with me and that just seems a bit silly. You can't go to a meet with a buggy.

I hate children, but of course you're welcome to bring your fucking child.

Norton Canes

I would be perfectly happy to put a shift in and hold or otherwise distract it for upwards of ten to fifteen minutes if it chooses to draw attention to itself while you are engaged in a strenuous discussion of Corbynite policy or somesuch.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreas on September 22, 2018, 09:24:55 AM
I hate children, but of course you're welcome to bring your fucking child.

At one meet someone brought a fucking dog. Or kid, I forget. It was furry and small and did shits.

phes

Think I'll be there about mid afternoon if the trains are running ok

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Excellent, I'm trundling through the suburbs now, huge amount of boarded up/absolute hellhole-looking pubs.