Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Started by Barry Admin, September 15, 2018, 04:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 31, 2019, 12:53:57 PM
Glad to see Safeguard and Gun Game back in the rotation. Just had a brilliantly contested game of the former which went to double overtime, very intense, I ended up with 37 kills and a blood red reactive camo, lovely. Playing more Blackout too, gonna start jumping into quads and stuff and see how that goes, rather than just solo. Regards longevity, Blackout alone will keep this CoD going for years.

I've only played PUBG and Fortnite when it comes to battle royales and I have to say it's not a game mode that I'm into. Bit too slow paced for my fps tastes and I couldnt be arsed with all the crafting. Blackout does seem a bit more faster paced though, thats what I always liked about the CoD mutliplayer, no fucking about, jump right in and play and you die and start playing again right away. I think Titanfall 2 was the last fps I really enjoyed, this might be worth picking up in a sale by the looks of it. If Blackout is popular that should keep the multiplayer mode ticking over nicely too.

Barry Admin

Yeah it's definitely faster, as long as you don't  spend the whole match camping.

Got gold camo on the Titan, great LMG's in this CoD, and a nice change of pace from my usual run and gun style. Thinking of doing the spitfire next, or sticking with the LMG and doing the Hades. I have it ranked up already for the awesome operator mod where you don't need to (and actually can't) ADS.

Also been playing the "Down But Not Out" Blackout mode... rather good fun! Quads intimidated me but there haven't been any sweaty tryhards screaming at me thus far.

Barry Admin

Blackout really is fucking great. Just fun fun fun. These rotating limited time events should be great too, I love this bloody game.

I'm so much better with the wingsuit now too. I dropped in a roof hatch earlier and scared a squad member who had landed on the ground and ran in the door. Bastard shot at me.

If you dive immediately and get upto 66 m/s, then pull up, you can travel a lot further.

Also, madhair, if you haven't done this already, you really should change the Blackout options so that you pick things up by pressing the button instead of holding it. Makes a huge difference as you can sweep roooms of loot a LOT quicker. "Item pickup press" is what you want, not the default.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 03, 2019, 10:09:34 PM
Also, madhair, if you haven't done this already, you really should change the Blackout options so that you pick things up by pressing the button instead of holding it. Makes a huge difference as you can sweep roooms of loot a LOT quicker. "Item pickup press" is what you want, not the default.

Done that but I barely touch Blackout.

My current main problem is finding a control scheme I like for multi. I keep accidentally hitting melee.

Barry Admin

I stick with bumper jumper tactical, but plain tactical is also good if you don't jump as much. Moves melee to the B button so you can quickly smash someone in the back of the head or cancel the reload animation. Puts crouch and prone on the right analog stick. Great for Zombies too as you want to knife a lot in early rounds to build points.

Was just thinking how good the base maps are this year, not even slightly bored of them yet! WWII made a complete shambles of the maps last year, absolute bollocks.

Barry Admin

Last night I finished in 5th place in "Down but not our", which meant I was the last member of our squad alive, facing 4 other people, alone.

I've been wondering I didn't ever get a win given how sweaty it can be. Well I was just goofing around in that mode again, posting in the Linehan thread after I had died, and when I looked up, BOOM, victory!

The last guy alive in our squad achieved a ridiculously lucky win. He was moving in to mop up the final few players, with an automatic shotgun. He faces this last opponent and dings him, but he's miles away, way out of shotgun range. He ducks behind a bush and... victory. His opponent got swallowed up by the collapse as it crept in behind him. The whole thing happened in seconds, it must have been unbelievably tense. I messaged the guy to thank him for the win and the achievement, just glad to get it out of the way.

It does still show as zero wins in my stats and stuff because it's a special mode, but it got the cheevo and challenge, so I don't give a fuck! 

Barry Admin

I also got the "path to peace" challenge done, "win a game with no kills" - laughing crying emoji!

I wasn't absolutely awful and wasn't even paying attention. God bless you, dude who carried me.

Barry Admin

Second place this time, shit was cray cray. 2 health for the last three minutes or so of the game. Two kills this time, including an absolutely clutch sniper shot right before I finally got downed. Fucking hell that was amazing, the final circles were so intense, swimming across a river and dodging bullets, all with only 2 health left and no heals. I'm gonna miss this mode if it goes tomorrow, but will definitely be playing more squads and stuff instead of just solos!

So many class moments. Like getting picked up by a squad mate on a bike as we fled the collapse, and lazily firing a sensor dart into the buildings we're heading to. Eventually come face to face with a guy on the adjacent rooftop, he ducks down behind his deplorable barrier so I just fuck a cluster grenade over to him. Ahh it was a great game, felt like a real adventure, I'm hooked!

madhair60

Just bought Destiny 2 Forsaken, so I'm fucking Blops off for a bit. See you next season!

madhair60

New season looks fun as fuck. Reinstalling the night.

Barry Admin

Been getting back into this, after a Division 2 break. Good to see they're still working away at it, and adding new content. Just tried Ground War, not sure what to make of it, but I'm glad to see them still trying to bring something different to the Battle Royale genre.

Not really BR enough, though, I suspect. It's essentially TDM played on the Blackout map, with looting and the collapse etc.

Anyone still playing?

Oh, new Zombies map is very enjoyable too. Glad we're going back to Richthofen and the Fab Four in the next instalment, though. I'll likely be underwhelmed if it's the suspected Nuketown rehash, unless they do some serious rejigging to it.

Barry Admin

Oh and they brought Prop Hunt back! So try that if you've not played it before, it's hide and seek, and a lot of fun.