Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The week does not begin on Sunday

Started by pancreas, September 16, 2018, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Cunts putting SMTWTFS in calendars rather than MTWTFSS as it should be.

They should have their children flayed to death in front of them, one after the other, until they learn.

Its because Sunday is the day of the good Lord; the day he rested after meeting, seducing and then madly fornicating with a young lady.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It's quite baffling. It's part of the weekend - the end of the week. Why would they put it at the start?
The bible basher angle doesn't explain it. As far as I know, god rested on the seventh day, not the first.

Quote from: Misspent Boners on September 16, 2018, 03:16:26 PM
Its because Sunday is the day of the good Lord; the day he rested after meeting, seducing and then madly fornicating with a young lady.

Legend Gody.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 16, 2018, 03:19:23 PM
It's quite baffling. It's part of the weekend - the end of the week. Why would they put it at the start?
The bible basher angle doesn't explain it. As far as I know, god rested on the seventh day, not the first.

well i guess the logic is that He (god) had completed the Earth by the "seventh day". that Jesus rose on a Sunday helps. Saturday being part of the "weekend" is relatively modern of course.

sucks i cant go to Tesco Extra after 4pm tho

The whole Sunday thing is shit. Went to Geneva and was starving lookin for some shit to eat. Turns out you're fuck out of luck. No cunt open. I ended up going to a department store and buying cured meats and fancy chocolates and eating them on a bench. Shit hole

Malcy

Saturday is the start of the week in my head. Always has been. First day in the tv magazines.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Malcy on September 16, 2018, 09:19:50 PM
Saturday is the start of the week in my head. Always has been. First day in the tv magazines.

Now this is just a curveball

Captain Z

'The Week Begins On Sunday' illustrated 2019 Calendar is available to order now!

January - Antiques Roadshow
February - Songs Of Praise
March - Heartbeat
April - Where The Heart Is
May - Last Of The Summer Wine

petril

June - Hale and Pace
July - Football Italia (GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NOT FUCKING LAZIO)
August - ITV PRESENTS Highway

Sebastian Cobb

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 16, 2018, 03:19:23 PM
Although I agree with Monday being the first day or whatever, isn't the logic of the pro-Sunday people that the "weekend" goes at the "front" end and the "back" end of the week? Maybe it should be called the "weekends".

Cuellar

alan nagsworth

Captain Z

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you

Quote from: alan nagsworth on September 16, 2018, 11:42:41 PM
every day is dog shit who cares

Spoon of Ploff

Clearly Sunday is the first day of the week as is wrote in the holy texts:

Sunday, Monday happy days
Tuesday, Wednesday happy days
Thursday, Friday happy day...

Nowhere Man

Sunday Monday, to the pub,
Tuesday Wednesday, buy some grub
Thursday Friday, pub again,
The weekend comes, your head is fucked,
Drinking all week with youuuuuuuu

Lost Oliver

Fucking hate Sunday, it's awful. There's nothing worse than the dread of knowing you're gonna have to get up in the morning after a sleepless night and pretend to give a shit about stuff. At least on Monday you're already there and you can attack it head on.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 16, 2018, 09:13:46 PM
The whole Sunday thing is shit. Went to Geneva and was starving lookin for some shit to eat. Turns out you're fuck out of luck. No cunt open. I ended up going to a department store and buying cured meats and fancy chocolates and eating them on a bench. Shit hole

This is why the convention happened.

Quote from: Misspent Boners on September 16, 2018, 03:16:26 PM

I am the LORD thy God
No other gods before me
No graven images or likenesses
Not take the LORD's name in vain
Remember the sabbath day whenst I did chill
Honour thy father and thy mother
Thou shalt not kill
Thou shalt not commit adultery
Thou shalt not steal
Thou shalt not bear false witness
Thou shalt not covet
Thou shalt fill me in
Whenst I command "Bo", Thou shalt say "Selecta"

Alberon

Sunday is at one end of the week and Saturday at the other end. Hence Weekend.

It was bad enough when people started wanting to call the year 2000 as the start of the 21st century, but now this?

Civilisation is fucked!!

Mister Six

The weekend is Friday and Saturday in Dubai. Get your head around that.

Dex Sawash

Only weekender can settle this

or

Thursday

or wednesday

QDRPHNC

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Alberon on September 17, 2018, 06:01:01 PM
Sunday is at one end of the week and Saturday at the other end. Hence Weekend.
It's a week, not a bookshelf. You wouldn't call the start of a film the end.

Blumf

Quote from: Mister Six on September 17, 2018, 06:15:26 PM
The weekend is Friday and Saturday in Dubai. Get your head around that.

I guess that U2 song really resonates with them there.

Sebastian Cobb

In my last job we had some Brazilian colleagues and the way holiday was allocated there is weekends still came off your allowance if you went over them. And you weren't allowed to stop your holiday Friday pm and resume it Monday am. I thought that was a bit cunty.

im barry bethel

Sunday is by far the best day of the week only all you fuckers are still too young to realise it yet

Sebastian Cobb

A good Sunday makes for a bad Monday, in my experience.