Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:38:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How many glasses in your house have you paid for?

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 16, 2018, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

My friend says he has never bought a glass in his life. Just nicked them from pubs, bars, whatever and inherited some in house moves. I've bought some but have just looked and out of the 21 glasses in our cupboard, only 5 have been bought by myself or my wife. The rest have all been stolen.

mothman

As an established household with many, many glasses, most of them are bought (or were gifts). I believe I can identify seven glasses that were purloined:

An Asahi pint glass (London hotel)
Coors Light pint glass (unknown)
2 x Birra Moretti stemmed beer glasses (Milan hotel)
Tsipouro glass (Greek restaurant)
2 x half-pint glasses (one Stella, one generic, source unknown)

Icehaven

All the nice ones are nicked from pubs but we only use them for best so have a few cheapo wine glasses and poundshop tumblers for everyday use.

Dr Rock

Every glass is an accident waiting to happen. I don't have any glasses in the house, all plastic. 

Norton Canes

idunnosomename

i just drink out of the can, then i piss in it, who needs a glass, not I

Emma Raducanu

Is it ok to steal glasses or something

I had half a peroni earlier and loved the little glass. Couldn't bring myself to take it though

Norton Canes

Dont you hate it when support acts outstay their welcome

Norton Canes

thenoise

1, which was a souvenir pint glass that you bought at the beginning of.a beer festival in 2006 and was your to keep. Mine has 2005 on it as I arrived late and they only had last year's ones left. The rest are presents, inherited or my wife. None are stolen, what are you a bloody student?

We smash glasses all the time. I say we but I mean my clumsy wife. I've bought a dozen glasses over the last five years and she's bought double that. Smash smash smash, cutting your own throat on a piece of glass by accident sick of it all now

Icehaven

Just nicked a nice chalice style one inspired by this thread. Don't worry it was only from a Spoons.

mothman

I had an Amstel in a gorgeous glass in Greece last month, but going out to dinner in shorts and t-shirt leaves no real options to hide a glass anywhere.

Pijlstaart

I own no glasses. I have a single mug, for water, and it is grey. Mother is a glass thief, mother steals lots of things from pubs, and now the pubs are all closing because they have nothing to pour their beer in.

seepage

Thanks to Riedel, 12 x as many varietals as you can think of. Plus many Zalto & Sophienwald 'cos they're thinner

Sebastian Cobb

All of them. Which equals 4 flutes, 2 wine glasses (broke two) a pint glass from an ale festival a tumbler and a whisky glass.

I used to have loads nicked from pubs but I've moved a few times since then.

Ambient Sheep

Fucking all of them!  And always have.

Am always amazed (and slightly horrified) how many people just seem to illicitly acquire them.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 17, 2018, 10:49:40 PM
Am always amazed (and slightly horrified) how many people just seem to illicitly acquire them.

Well personally in my experience it's been less of a case of people looking at a glass and saying 'ill have that' and more of them having the best part of a full pint and the bar staff hectoring them to leave without any period of drinking up time, so they decide to have a takeaway for the walk home.

tookish

I've only once stolen a glass from a pub, and I still feel bad about it, even though it was well over a decade ago. I haven't paid for many of them though, some were gifts, some I picked up from house-shares when the housemates left and abandoned half their stuff, a lot came from my parents' house when my dad decided he wanted all the crockery to match, it was fobbed off on my sister the almost-teetotal, and subsequently came to me, the family lush.

I'm parasitic rather than thieving, which makes me superior to all you light-fingered CUNTS.

a duncandisorderly

I have taken home pint pots that I've found in the street, not especially near pubs, or when the pub's been shut, rather than leave them to get smashed & injure some tike or hound.
& I've swiped a few nice tumblers from work over the years, but they were always rich american multinationals, so fair game... a few pennies each, these things.
one that I bought in a set got cracked some how, & let go properly when I was washing the ungrateful bastard, cutting my finger quite badly.
so from now on I'm only harbouring stolen glassware. the ones I've paid for are out to get me.

Neville Chamberlain

Every glass and mug in my flat (except for my beloved "Make Coldplay History" mug) I acquired by my own hand. It seems I'm just not the kind of guy people want to give glasses/mugs to. I even had to buy our fucking wine glasses myself!