Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:04:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice 2018

Started by Malcy, September 17, 2018, 04:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Wednesday October 3rd.

The Apprentice coming back always puts the theme in my head and reminds me of this Big Train sketch!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uaWo6xxCKdo

DrGreggles

Given up on this.
The double winners thing last time was the final straw.

The whole format is flawed. Consider the fact in every peisode Sugar tells a contestant they are fired, aprt from the final where he tells someone they are Hired. If he hasn't hired them yet, how can he fire them. Its like going for a Job interview and at the end of the interview the interviewer tells you, your fired. Utter madness.

Malcy

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on September 20, 2018, 11:19:56 PM
The whole format is flawed. Consider the fact in every peisode Sugar tells a contestant they are fired, aprt from the final where he tells someone they are Hired. If he hasn't hired them yet, how can he fire them. Its like going for a Job interview and at the end of the interview the interviewer tells you, your fired. Utter madness.

True. Still good to see them bicker and get stressed and have meltdowns though. I wonder who I'm going to absolutely detest this series. There's always one!

PlanktonSideburns

The thought of watching the apprentice conjures up images of planting a parasitic seed in my self, which saps more and more of my being into it each day, replacing my innards with a hard black husk, like burnt plastic  replacing my heart, lungs, eyes, bones, muscles, until only a thin outer layer remains, a bitter tribute to a sad, naive man who never understood a single thing in this world

DrGreggles

Quote from: Malcy on September 20, 2018, 11:52:55 PM
True. Still good to see them bicker and get stressed and have meltdowns though. I wonder who I'm going to absolutely detest this series. There's always one!

There's usually only one* that isn't detestable in each series.

*maximum

hummingofevil

I find it amazing that after all these years no one has done a behind-the-scenes about it (as far as I know at least). I want to know how set up the whole thing is but feel like we'll never know.

I still insist that the editors cut the thing together to make Sugar look like a tit but he's so full of his own shit he's never noticed and thinks he's the star of the show.

Bad Ambassador

This is the only episode of The Apprentice that I've seen:

Quote from: WikipediaIgnite branded their cereal as "Wake Up Call", which evolved from a theme around pants and had a superhero character called Pants Man who aimed to prevent people wearing their underwear over their clothing through the consumption of the cereal. [...] Overall, the team failed the task after Sir Alan effectively declared the whole campaign to be terrible.

After seeing how venal, egotistical and moronic most of the contestants were, it cured me of any further interest in the series.

jobotic

Quote from: hummingofevil on September 21, 2018, 12:44:28 PM
I find it amazing that after all these years no one has done a behind-the-scenes about it (as far as I know at least). I want to know how set up the whole thing is but feel like we'll never know.

I still insist that the editors cut the thing together to make Sugar look like a tit but he's so full of his own shit he's never noticed and thinks he's the star of the show.

He's more like the "below-par of the no". Is that right? Is that how I do a joke?

Fucking hate Alan Sugar.

lankyguy95

I'm sure it didn't used to be quite as ludicrously edited as it is now. It started out a more serious business competition and people would just do stupid things under pressure. Now, the whole thing is edited in such a way that it's essentially a cartoon.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on September 21, 2018, 01:05:23 PM
This is the only episode of The Apprentice that I've seen:

After seeing how venal, egotistical and moronic most of the contestants were, it cured me of any further interest in the series.

Hah, yes that was a memorable one. "Uh, the message is that this cereal will help you get a good start to your day by putting your pants on properly like Pantsman doesn't."

Can't fucking wait for the new one.

gilbertharding

I can't believe they carried on after the tragic passing of Stuart 'everything I touch turns to sold' Baggs.

RIP in peace, big fellah.

Hat FM

guys! that metro article speculates that the new series could be THE SEXIEST YET! omg!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Hat FM on September 22, 2018, 04:38:12 PM
guys! that metro article speculates that the new series could be THE SEXIEST YET! omg!

Reality TV, the last preserve of casual sexism

DrGreggles

I've had sex with an Apprentice candidate.

DrGreggles

Trojan_Jockey

At last, we get to see it going in.

kngen

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 22, 2018, 11:47:56 PM
'You said you'd never tell'

QDRPHNC

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 22, 2018, 11:47:56 PM

The Passions release comeback single.

Pseudopath

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 21, 2018, 04:11:30 PM
I can't believe they carried on after the tragic passing of Stuart 'everything I touch turns to sold' Baggs.

RIP in peace, big fellah.

Fuck. Never realised he'd pegged it. What a twat ledge.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

lgpmachine

Quote from: Trojan_Jockey on September 23, 2018, 09:58:42 PM
At last, we get to see it going in.

You might be right...

If you can't be arsed with the new series, a lot of the old episodes are up on Dailymotion.  Series 1 is very good, interesting to see how different it feels compared to recent series featuring some genuine laughs and actual human beings for contestants rather than the clones of the last few years.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6homcf

Malcy

Meet the Candidates video.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LlpapVN0sx4&t=323s

This bunch seem like the most irritating, insufferable bunch of wankers that ever been on the show. Fuckin' 'ell. Looks like they went on a trip to the north and walked into a boozer and picked folk at random.