Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice 2018

Started by Malcy, September 17, 2018, 04:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Roofdog

Jackie and Kayode are the first entertaining contestants in years. Normally I can never even tell these corporate blobs apart until the final.

Utter Shit

I saw this video on one of the music channels last night - remind you of anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQu5hOkzJDs

im barry bethel

That Sabrina is lovely isn't she, either bounding down the stairs in the weirdest looking nightie I've ever seen or getting all excitable like a gormless puppy

dr beat

Dunno whether that bitchy farewell said more about Jasmine than Sabrina.

Emma Raducanu

Yeh I didn't quite get that.

hummingofevil

Quote from: dr beat on November 22, 2018, 08:26:45 PM
Dunno whether that bitchy farewell said more about Jasmine than Sabrina.

It's the whole "corporate" thing isn't it? People who are quite obviously corporate as fuck but then get called out on it as a negative character trait have basically had their entire life bubble burst. It's actually quite a cunty thing to do to someone; telling them they done well but in the wrong way.

Is Sabrina pregnant? That dress at end had ties around waist that can hide a bump. Probably not.

Has anyone ever checked if the "hilarious" put down LS says as teaser for next episode is actually used. I'm convinced they not. Edited in. More fake lovely ness.

mojo filters

The "corporate" thing does often seem like a lame excuse when he can't make up his mind, especially in this one where the bloke clearly deserved to go. His final plea was pretty poor, yet Sugar cited it is the reason for saving him!

I expected Jasmine to stay in the show longer, plus would have expected low odds on her getting to the final (if they offer such). She wasn't a great PM on this task, but she seems reliable, competent and consistent.

The other team deserved to win, but they also seemed to get a bit lucky by way of their sales, plus the bunch that got to visit Linn were absurdly clueless in every possible way.

Is it just my memory, or have all the rewards got predictably shitter this year?

I know they sometimes have crap ones, getting to climb up and abseil down the Millennium Dome immediately springs to mind - but all this series they just seem like some researcher picked the cheapest options from one of those "experience" catalogue type places, with nothing exciting nor much variation.

Old Thrashbarg

Last week the reward was a game of crazy golf. Literally about £5 per person.

Quote from: mojo filters on November 23, 2018, 01:49:46 AM
The "corporate" thing does often seem like a lame excuse when he can't make up his mind, especially in this one where the bloke clearly deserved to go. His final plea was pretty poor, yet Sugar cited it is the reason for saving him!

This boring generic corporate man is probably going to win (he must have a good business plan) because he brings nothing from a television perspective and yet the producers have saved him two tasks in a row when he clearly should have gone home. (He singlehandedly lost the gardening task by going cheap on the corporate client, and yet Kayode gets sent him for being bad at powerwashing?)

Honestly could not pick out of a line up generic corporate man vs Ricky Martin or several other recent finalists.

Hat FM

i like the way Shugz speaks to Sabrina like she is a grizzled business veteran and not a giddy 22 year old kid.

think i would opt for some 'alone time' in the house rather than go for one of the treats.

imitationleather

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on November 23, 2018, 03:13:58 AM

I've been to where that crazy golf thing they went to is (not to play crazy golf, I'm not mental - and besides, it has zero impact on your handicap no matter how good you are at it). It was sold out and had a waiting listing of many, many months. I was there to see a film in the attached cinema and I was like, "Huh? Crazy golf? What sort of cunt thinks that is a good night out?" AND NOW I KNOW.

The cinema, also, was crap. It's directly under a railway line so you had to wear wireless headphones playing the film's audio to be able to hear anything.

Total car crash of an attraction for me, Clive.

Delete London.

EOLAN

So what amazing stuff will we learn about Sarah Byrne at the interview stage. I mean that is her name. I mean there is another contestant called Sarah Byrne, on the winning team. She just teams to be there. Surely too little shown for her to build up to an upcoming exit.  If she did have a You're Fired episode next week wouldn't most people think when did she join?

As for the losing team. My bias joy in seeing Sabrina come through. Her over enthusiastic style would usually grate on me but the childish manner is kind of endearing. When she was right about getting her and Sian to meet the corporate client (Sir Sugar Lord Alun must really despise these corporate types) it was funny seeing Sian go; oh I closed the sale; that was my sale, don't you take away my sale. I do feel Sabrina is a bit abrasive and not sure whether she consistently looks to butt in and point out potential issues with other people's tasks because she wants to cover herself; she enthusiastically wants to get involved in everything. Or maybe she is just smart - but she is a contestant on the Apprentice so that can't be true.

Malcy

This is fucking painful. Absolutely clueless...

Malcy

I've never heard of JTC or whatever the shopping channel is. And how did they manage to sell two of the diamond whatever it was within seconds of it being in screen?

Consignia

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on November 23, 2018, 03:13:58 AM

This week a bunch of tinnies down the park.

Watching Corman's Little Shop of Horrors?????

im barry bethel

Quote from: Consignia on November 28, 2018, 09:47:04 PM
This week a bunch of tinnies down the park.

"Your own private screening..."

Who the hell drops 3 grand on a pair of shopping chanel earings?, makes you think the producers had the call this number on speed dial

hummingofevil

Isn't the point that they tell you they £3000 earrings but then you expect the price to drop and pay half that and got a bargain. If it doesn't drop you just cancel order.

Also, I thought Khadija seemed really charming and perfect for TV Shopping Channel (faint praise?) but Jackie and Camilla were putting her off, either intentionally because they didn't rate her or didn't give a shit if they lost the task or more likely because they both rude arseholes (as shown by behaviour when picking products and acting all superior).

Anyway, I'm enjoying watching this as usual but increasingly confused about why anyone laughs at the candidates when LS is the biggest dickhead on the show by a mile.

Hat FM

can't believe camilla is only 22!

im barry bethel

Quote from: Hat FM on November 29, 2018, 09:34:54 PM
can't believe camilla is only 22!

"I sell my nut milk from a room on the side of my house"

Can't be any worse than the 'lifestyle brand owner'

Quote from: hummingofevil on November 29, 2018, 09:23:30 PM
Also, I thought Khadija seemed really charming and perfect for TV Shopping Channel (faint praise?)

A certain plain everyday mumsy lovelyness about her. Attainable.

mojo filters

Quote from: tubbsthespidergigolo2 on November 28, 2018, 09:55:05 PM
Watching Corman's Little Shop of Horrors?????

When I saw them with headphones I thought it was maybe some clever new screening tech that allowed them to watch more than one film at once. Can't believe it was just a modest screening of an old film with a tiny bottle!

To be fair although I've seen Little Shop of Horrors on stage, I can't remember anything about it nor have I seen the film. Nevertheless it was a bit of a piss take of a "treat".

Alberon

Bet they didn't even watch it. Just sat around for a few shots by the camera crew then fucked off back to the house.

I am genuinely fascinated about it as a reward.

Surely not one of them would have enjoyed sitting in a park watching a 58 year old cheap B-movie.  This wasn't the 80's musical version but the black and white Roger Corman original.  Hardly a special treat for em.

Isn't it a public domain film?  I'm wondering if they actually watched something else but The Beeb superimposed Little Shop so they didn't have to cough up for rights.

Malcy

That sex shop chocolate was a disaster from start to finish. Interviews next week! I really want Sian to win this. Think she's brilliant.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Malcy on December 05, 2018, 11:48:07 PM
That sex shop chocolate was a disaster from start to finish. Interviews next week! I really want Sian to win this. Think she's brilliant.

That the joy of this program as Im not a fan of  Sîan. Herpassive aggression to anyone else's ideas is teeth grinding. I'm sure she is a perfectly pleasant actual human but as a "candidate" she grinds my gears.

On tonight's episode I think Khadjia is winning as they doing the whole "journey" storyline (through editing at least). She just seems like a genuinely good human.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Malcy on December 05, 2018, 11:48:07 PM

When Karen Brady calls you seedy...!

Quote from: hummingofevil on December 06, 2018, 12:22:22 AM
That the joy of this program as Im not a fan of  Sîan. Herpassive aggression to anyone else's ideas is teeth grinding. I'm sure she is a perfectly pleasant actual human but as a "candidate" she grinds my gears.

"It was my product name my concept my my my that wuuuuun this for us

Quote from: hummingofevil on December 06, 2018, 12:22:22 AMOn tonight's episode I think Khadjia is winning as they doing the whole "journey" storyline (through editing at least). She just seems like a genuinely good human.

She's lovelier and lovelier, just not as lovely as the puppy blonde

Blue Jam

Who else keeps giggling at every mention of "nut milk"?

I enjoyed watching one team struggle with the model Santa:

"I can't get it in"
"You have to take his pants down first"

St_Eddie

Quote from: im barry bethel on December 06, 2018, 07:23:54 AM
When Karen Brady calls you seedy...!

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 06, 2018, 07:18:30 PM
Who else keeps giggling at every mention of "nut milk"?

"Hey kids!  It's me, Mr. Seedy the Nut Milk mascot!"

mjwilson

Why would you say (twice) that "half of the team" are off to make the chocolates when there are three people in each team?