Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When did you grow out of the rubbish taste that is spearmint?

Started by Replies From View, September 18, 2018, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Spearmint was my favourite of the chewing gums when I was a youngster.  But coming to my senses soon put paid to that nonsense.

Rubbish, isn't it, spearmint.  As a flavour, I mean.

Konki

I'm going to shock you here: I like spearmint.

Only joking! People who like spearmint are no better than dogs and should be herded onto busy railway lines.

Cuellar

I don't think I'd be able to identify spearmint over peppermint or any other cocking mint.

Konki

Spearmint is the one that makes you want to vomit immediately.

Ornlu

I've moved on from it. But you probably wouldn't like my current chewing gum of choice any more:

What about all those trendy black ice liquorice flavour ones they have these days? They're pretty shit aren't they?

Extra strong mints burn your tongue. And tic tacs make you thirsty. Mints are just shit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Replies From View on September 18, 2018, 08:17:08 PM
Spearmint was my favourite of the chewing gums when I was a youngster.  But coming to my senses soon put paid to that nonsense.

Rubbish, isn't it, spearmint.  As a flavour, I mean.

^ doesn't like curry

End of

Replies From View

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blumf

You used to get some Opal Fruits type confectionery that was spearmint flavour. I liked them, but then Thatcher happened and they are no more.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Blumf on September 18, 2018, 09:03:17 PM
You used to get some Opal Fruits type confectionery that was spearmint flavour. I liked them, but then Thatcher happened and they are no more.

Pacers. I used to love em.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blumf on September 18, 2018, 09:03:17 PM

I keep reading about this Thatcher, she seems a right nasty piece of work.

Gregory Torso

Anyone who chews gum... man, it's like...
If you chew gum and are not a kid trying to hide cigarette breath from his big police dad or something, have a word with yourself. Grown up adults've got no business chewing gum. Are you a greasy urchin with street smarts in a John Hughes film who combs his hair with a fiddler crab's hand and spits all over his clothes whilst saying "ass"? Do you wear a leather jacket and say things like "let's go toilet-paper old man Sanderson's house" despite the fact you left school fifteen years ago? Stop jamming your mouth wax in the eyes and ears of sea turtles. Stop flobbing on the floor, rocking back on your chair on two legs and telling us about "this bitchin new band" you heard called Suicidal Tendencies, "pretty rad name, huh?".

Jumblegraws

Is this a common sentiment? I'm not crazy about spearmint, but if anything I like it more as an adult than I did as a child, when it seemed like the boring Bungle to peppermint's Zippy and juicy fruit's George of chewing gum flavours.

I wish we had tamarind-based sweets here like they have in Mexico.