Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kanye West - Yandhi

Started by Ja'moke, September 18, 2018, 08:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Not satisfied with producing five albums in five weeks back in June, Kanye West is back again and hyping what appears to be another new album, Yandhi, a Yeezus sequel which will drop after this SNL appearance on the 29th of September.

He also confirmed that he's working on a collab album with Chance the Rapper called Good Ass Job. The title was previously going to be used for Kanye's fourth solo album, the last in his College Drop/Late Registration/Graduation series. Oh, and Watch The Throne 2.

Z

How're those June albums holding up for everyone?

I probably overplayed them at the time a bit. Kids See Ghosts and Daytona are, to my mind, probably the two best albums of the year (if they count) but I haven't actually revisited them much since they dropped off my daily playlist.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Z on September 18, 2018, 09:08:17 PM
I probably overplayed them at the time a bit. Kids See Ghosts and Daytona are, to my mind, probably the two best albums of the year (if they count) but I haven't actually revisited them much since they dropped off my daily playlist.

Daytona and Kids See Ghosts are my favourites of the batch, and the ones I've listened to the most. I still like Ye too though, relistened to it a couple weeks ago. I haven't gone back to the Teyana Taylor album much and the Nas one I like less with each listen, so I don't see myself going back to that one, apart from maybe Adam & Eve.

alan nagsworth

Yeah if this is, as it looks to be, a proper Yeezus sequel, and it lives up to even half as remarkable Yeezus was, then I will be suitably impressed. I'm already very impressed by his output this year. Doubted him so much after the whole faff of Pablo's release/edit debacle but the boy dun gud.

DukeDeMondo

Yeezus 2, for fuck sake. Holy shit. I won't sleep the rest of the month.

Daytona and ye remain my favourites, far as the June albums go, with Kids See Ghosts not very far behind. I still like the Nas one a lot, but not as much as I did at the time. Conversely, the Teyana Taylor one, which I dismissed outright more or less, has been sounding better and better as the weeks and the months have gone by.

Yeezus 2, but. Christ.

Z

Yeezus continues to slip in my estimation since release whereas Pablo goes from strength to strength. Pablo's such a deliberate fucking mess that I can't help but dig it, the album still feels like you're in the mixing room with him figuring it out surrounded by people with  series of deadlines and that's pretty cool.

EOLAN

[tag]Yandhi, Yandhi if it wasn't me old mate Yandhi[/tag]

Ja'moke

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 28, 2018, 01:44:45 PM
Kanye West supporting sex offenders: https://www.complex.com/music/2018/09/kanye-west-addresses-asap-bari-xxxtentacion-allegations
https://www.thefader.com/2018/09/27/kanye-west-fader-maga-hat-kaepernick

He certainly likes alienating people before an album release, eh?

Well, he already said "Praying for Russell Simmons 'cause he got Me Too'd" on his last album. His defence of these guys is no surprise.

up_the_hampipe

More worrying, I've heard 6ix9ine will be a feature on this new album. Christ.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 28, 2018, 01:51:01 PM
Well, he already said "Praying for Russell Simmons 'cause he got Me Too'd" on his last album. His defence of these guys is no surprise.

True. And let's not forget "BILL COSBY INNOCENT!".

jobotic

Quote from: EOLAN on September 19, 2018, 02:56:14 PM
[tag]Yandhi, Yandhi if it wasn't me old mate Yandhi[/tag]

I love you.

Ja'moke

Hmm so he just gave some shitty performances on SNL. No new songs. No new album.

up_the_hampipe

His SNL behaviour last night was a mess. I'm sure Lorne Michaels was facepalming throughout.

There's a song on the new album dedicated exclusively to XXXTentacion, a feature from 6ix9ine and the closing track is titled 'Make America Great Again'. Maybe he shouldn't put this one out.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 30, 2018, 07:18:29 AM
No new songs.

The one he performed with Teyana Taylor was new, wasn't it? It wasn't very good. Didn't sound very good there anyway. The studio version might be something else altogether.

This is a bit of a hash, really, isn't it? I mean, it seems a bit off to be complaining about him failing to drop an album now, after the year of it we've had, but still. I guess disapointment and exasperation (I'm working without a spellcheck here) are just intergral parts of Kanye fandom now. Have been for a while, I suppose.

Maybe he just thought better of it. Maybe he felt like Carter V had stolen the spotlight a bit, or maybe he wanted to leave it in the spotlight a little longer. Who knows?

kngen

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 30, 2018, 03:28:13 PM
His SNL behaviour last night was a mess. I'm sure Lorne Michaels was facepalming throughout.

Another experience had can share with his old pal Donald Trump - people were laughing at him (but not in the way SNL intended.) George Clinton said 'Free your mind and your ass will follow.' Kanye said don't free your mind - and presumably remain an arsehole.

alan nagsworth

Hahaha jesus christ. I really like "I Love It" and somehow, I dunno how Ye manages it, but that shambolic SNL performance made me enjoy it even more. The  dude is outta his goddamn mind

up_the_hampipe

So it's not coming out then? Will this be Kanye's Detox?

Malcy

Kanye seems to just be getting on the industry's nerves. A lot of artist giving their opinions of him. Looking forward to Swizz Beats 'Fuck The MAGA Hat' record.

He's a fucking idiot.

Howj Begg

He is an idiot, because he trashed his valid point about the 13th Amendment with all his stunt MAGA-ing and Trump-fellating.

Mind, I'm still unconvinced that this is real, I think there's a high chance he's doing a Joaquin Phoenix in I'm Still Here type hoax. Mainly because he referenced Andy Kaufman on this Twitter. Not saying I'll be surprised if he really is as stupid as he seems, though.

Edit: And self-confessedly mentally ill, too. That too.

Ja'moke

Album pushed back to November 23. He's going to Africa to record the rest of it. Said he wants to recreate the magic of MBDTF or 808s because he knows people say he hasn't made an album as good since that time.

kidsick5000

If you were making a top 10 tracks of Kanye, would any of the recent stuff make it on there?

Nowhere Man

I've just realised that I still think of Yeezus as if it was still sort of new, and yet that came out back in 2013, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was a whopping 8 years ago! fucking hell.

Z

Quote from: kidsick5000 on October 02, 2018, 02:22:07 AM
If you were making a top 10 tracks of Kanye, would any of the recent stuff make it on there?
Ultralite beam, real friends and no more parties in LA would all be in contention for me.

alan nagsworth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3W8nhbalE

He's gone full fuckin' Tracy Jordan. Dude's face through like most of this video looks like he's had a cigarette stubbed out on an important part of his brain.

Ja'moke

Quote from: kidsick5000 on October 02, 2018, 02:22:07 AM

Hmm. Not sure if they'd crack top 10, but of his recent stuff I really love Saint Pablo and Ultralight Beam. And off his new one, Ghost Town.

momatt

If he doesn't release it on an actual Minidisc he can fuck right off.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: momatt on October 02, 2018, 09:42:16 PM
If he doesn't release it on an actual Minidisc he can fuck right off.

If he's releasing a data minidisc with 1GB full of half-arsed demos and rants he can equally fuck right off

momatt

It'd be great if he did that!
I wouldn't buy or listen to it though obvs.

SteveDave

Quote from: Z on September 18, 2018, 09:08:17 PM
How're those June albums holding up for everyone?

"Ghost Town" came up on shuffle yesterday and I think I played it about 7 times in a row. Uplifting and a bit miserable at the same time. Lovely stuff. The wiki article says it's a Dave Edmunds sample but that's clearly bulls.