Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kanye West - Yandhi

Started by Ja'moke, September 18, 2018, 08:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

I gave DAYTONA and KSG a whack last week and I still love them. Not given Ye another go yet but maybe I will now actually.

Incidentally did anyone cop Kanye's tweet the other day about Pardison Fontaine writing basically all the lyrics for Violent Crimes? A brutally heart-on-sleeve song about his daughter... written by someone else.

Thank you Kanye, very cool!

Z

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 03, 2018, 03:14:52 PM
I gave DAYTONA and KSG a whack last week and I still love them. Not given Ye another go yet but maybe I will now actually.

Incidentally did anyone cop Kanye's tweet the other day about Pardison Fontaine writing basically all the lyrics for Violent Crimes? A brutally heart-on-sleeve song about his daughter... written by someone else.

Thank you Kanye, very cool!
Would it be unreasonable to presume that just about everything Kanye raps has been written by someone else? Or at the very most he's just modified what someone wrote for him a little.

Like, Kanye the rapper has some legitimately funny lines that I can never imagine coming from the guy on Twitter and in interviews. If there's one thing he is it's ineloquent

Ja'moke

Kanye has always credited his writers, but yeah, that Violent Crimes thing is ridiculous. His most personal song on the album and pretty much the whole thing was written by someone else.

DukeDeMondo

So what about the leak, then? The big Yandhi leak? Has anyone been listening to it?

I've been playing it over and over all day. Waited till my head was right enough to hear it properly. I fucking love it to bits. I was expecting Yeezus 2, but it isn't that. Far more redolent of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy if anything. There's an absolutely phenomenal run of tracks in the middle. Harmonies upon harmonies, cloudburst guitars, "time ain't real!" Even in this half-finished sort of a state that it's in it sounds incredible. And then "Garden / We'll Find A Way" coming in out of nowhere at the end. 

"Chakras / Laws of Attraction" is my favourite track. It's utterly gorgeous and mad as tin hens.

He's all Jesus Is King, now, and I'm excited as fuck for that, but I really, really hope he finishes this. What there is of it is brilliant. I think, anyway.

Ja'moke

I listened to the leak but the one I heard was clearly unfinished. Just West mumbling through lines. Is there a finished leak?

alan nagsworth

Didn't Pusha T state that because it leaked they'd be fucking most of it off and starting from scratch?

I'm way past wanting to listen to leaks any more, least of all those of this calibre where it's subject to extreme change at short notice. I know that may come across as snobbish but if it's not what the artist wanted me to hear then I would much rather wait.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: alan nagsworth on September 03, 2019, 08:45:18 PM
Didn't Pusha T state that because it leaked they'd be fucking most of it off and starting from scratch?

I'm way past wanting to listen to leaks any more, least of all those of this calibre where it's subject to extreme change at short notice. I know that may come across as snobbish but if it's not what the artist wanted me to hear then I would much rather wait.

No, it doesn't come across as snobbish at all, I get what you mean. And I did feel guilty listening to it, but I couldn't resist. Especially once I knew he had this other album lined up for the end of the month.

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 03, 2019, 08:44:53 PM
I listened to the leak but the one I heard was clearly unfinished.
Just West mumbling through lines. Is there a finished leak?

The one I have is not "finished" but it doesn't sound like a bunch of demos or anything either. It's doing the rounds as the "Fantano" version, because its the version he reviewed. If you go to sea looking for it, that's how you'll find it. It's 9 tracks long and comes in at around 28 minutes. Kanye's vocal bits are clearly works in progress for the most part, but there's a lot of oomph to them - he's especially angry at "time" and "money" for whatever reason, and yet thunderously insistent that neither "time" nor "money" exists - and all the other contributions sound "done" to me. Plus the production is phenomenal. God knows how closely they resemble the tracks they were due to become, but they sound great to me as is. 

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is the one I have. Someone put it on YouTube a few days ago.