Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mad Brain Counting Things

Started by Konki, September 19, 2018, 07:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konki

Quote from: manticore on September 19, 2018, 07:00:55 PM
This is a bit of quibbling tangent, not a dig at you I promise, but I just want to say that nobody can 'be' OCD. When I was in an OCD support newsgroup 20 years ago we had a kind of rule to tell anyone turning up saying they thought they 'were OCD' that that was a bad habit of mind to get into to define yourself by your 'disorder'.

One can certainly be obsessional and engage in compulsions though, and it sounds as if that's what you're doing in this case.

-----------------

(As I think Paul Calf is kind of implying, there's nothing much interesting about having OCD, and it isn't a short cut to having a personality. It's a way of being boring and tedious to yourself.)

Fair dos. I won't pretend to understand the world of obsessions or compulsions. I just want to know what I can do about it. It's definitely not interesting, it's bloody annoying.

petril

manticore

Quote from: Konki on September 19, 2018, 07:11:01 PM
Fair dos. I won't pretend to understand the world of obsessions or compulsions. I just want to know what I can do about it. It's definitely not interesting, it's bloody annoying.

Konki - even though you might not meet the diagnostic criteria for full-on OCD, I would still google around for information about it and how to manage obsessions and compulsions, and see if any of the advice makes sense and works for you. There's quite a lot of self-help stuff around, and books as well, if you feel the need for them (unfortunately I can't recommend any specific ones, as most of the help I've got has been from professionals).

steve98

Quote from: Twit 2 on September 19, 2018, 06:00:50 PM
And then went to work, where your job is counting your own pubes.

"What kind of a job is that: counting your own pubes? Who would pay you to do that? " Ooo good question from lovely Geoff for Twit 2.