Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:17:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just ate some sweets for the first time in ages

Started by popcorn, September 19, 2018, 01:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Not like chocolate or cake or biscuits. I've had loads of that. I mean proper fizzy sour tangy sugary chewy gummy sweets. Proper actual sweets. Full of tangfastic chemicals and shit.

Absolutely fucking delicious. Could barely believe it. Forgot that food could be this exciting. Like a party in my mouth and everyone showed up. Going to have loads more very soon. Foam bananas. Wriggly worms. Cola bottles. The works. Brilliant.

Captain Z

And the amazing thing is they now only have about 25% of the flavour they used to when you were a kid.

Rizla

Quote from: Captain Z on September 19, 2018, 01:06:16 PM
And the amazing thing is they now only have about 25% of the flavour they used to when you were a kid.
Can I shock you? I reckon sweets are better now than they were when I was little. Maom Pinballs. This case is closed

gilbertharding

Soor Plooms I like. The sweet, and the way it feels to say 'soor plooms'. I pretend to be Scottish. "Aye, cannye give me a quarter poond o' soooor plooms the noo?"

I once got some sweets that were so sour they practically caused chemical burns to my mouth parts. They could be made tolerable by washing off some of the powder which coated them, by running them under the cold tap. In the end I think I decided the pain outweighed the pleasure, and chucked them.

Those sweetshops with jars of humbugs etc seem to be magnets for people to say to their partners 'Oh look, do you remember sweetshops like that?', as if sweetshops like that haven't been a common sight for at least 15 years.

Emma Raducanu

Hate sweets.

Nah, for me, it's a Crunchie, followed by a few sips of Nescafe, followed by and Twix finger, some more Nescafe, the other Twix finger, followed by some introspection, then some more Nescafe, then a few bites of a Snickers follwed by the remaining Nescafe, then finish the Snickers. Have a hot bath and a check of the football scores.

the science eel

Those chewy Refreshers are something else. I had two bags the other night.

Paul Calf

Wham bars are ruined, But Rizla is right: the variety and diversity of sweets you get these days is amazing.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 19, 2018, 02:48:12 PM
I once got some sweets that were so sour they practically caused chemical burns to my mouth parts. They could be made tolerable by washing off some of the powder which coated them, by running them under the cold tap. In the end I think I decided the pain outweighed the pleasure, and chucked them.
Fini Booms - the proper kind, not the gum- or liquid-centre ones, which seem to be all you can get nowadays - would make your tongue feel like it had been sand-blasted if you tried to eat more than one in succession. I watched a friend spit one out the first time he tried them because the flavour shocked him so much that he thought the person who gave it to him had tampered with it, even though he had personally taken the wrapper off. 

On the whole though, Sour Patch Kids alone make the case that sweets are better nowadays.

pancreas

Rather hubristic, popcorn eating sweets, I fear. Perhaps sweets will eventually want to eat popcorn.

Jockice

I got some sweets for my birthday. Amongst them are sherbet dip dabs (including sour ones, which I'd never had before), Refreshers and the finest chocolate treat on earth, Ruffle Bars  Yum yum.

Uncle TechTip

Jelly beans from The Jelly Bean Company, 95p from Home Bargains, all the weird and unusual flavours, right there in your mouth, gimme.

Chollis

The red sour wine gum may be the greatest single sweet ever made.

Sebastian Cobb

Don't have much of a sweet tooth but noticed Reese's cups in the vending machine and decided to try them. Shit.

Replies From View

Some white toast with grilled Tangfastics is popcorn's new favourite meal of the day.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Replies From View on September 19, 2018, 05:18:28 PM
Some white toast with grilled Tangfastics is popcorn's new favourite meal of the day.

Once made a smarties toastie possibly whilst high. At the time it was great.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Jockice on September 19, 2018, 04:31:06 PM
I got some sweets for my 53rd birthday. Amongst them are sherbet dip dabs (including sour ones, which I'd never had before), Refreshers and the finest chocolate treat on earth, Ruffle Bars  Yum yum.

Have a word with yourself, man.

Jockice

Sebastian Cobb

Can't help noticing some of the more ardent curry haters are gleefully posting in this thread. Explains a lot.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 19, 2018, 06:35:05 PM
Once made a smarties toastie possibly whilst high. At the time it was great.

I remember doing that... I had to rack my brains before remembering that it wasn't during my big weed phase, but actually much earlier. it was a lass who came to live with me & be shagged for a few months, aeons ago- it was her idea. back then I had an old cooker with an eye-level grill so we could watch the smarties melting on the toast.
eat, shag, repeat.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 19, 2018, 09:13:17 PM
Can't help noticing some of the more ardent curry haters are gleefully posting in this thread. Explains a lot.

Curry is shite. Sweets are good. Glad to be of assistance.

DrGreggles

I don't have any extra sugar in my diet these days, so fizzy sweets make me giddy.
Non-diet fizzy pop too.

To think of all the money I used to spend on drugs...

Cuellar

Don't make a habit of it or you'll not get your dinner.

Psmith

Haven't had a sweet since Woolies closed.
If they had kept to just pic'n'mix they'd still be in business.

Sebastian Cobb

Going from selling by weight to selling by volume (small and big cups) is probably what fucked them. If you packed it right you were left with a giant gummy block.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: DolphinFace on September 19, 2018, 02:56:06 PMNescafe, followed by and Twix finger, some more Nescafe, the other Twix finger, followed by some introspection, then some more Nescafe

If you nibble off both ends of a Twix finger, you can use it as a straw to suck up your Nescafe.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 19, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Barnett's mega sours? First time as a novelty great..but fuck, where's the fun in eating much more? Sold some to a kid who shoved 5 or 6 in his mouth at once and started bleeding...

They also did extra large ones too for anyone who feels their stool could do with some more blood.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Psmith on September 19, 2018, 10:34:00 PM
Haven't had a sweet since Woolies closed.

Morrissey in 1985 considers lyrics rewrite.

Dex Sawash

Mike and Ike are great but a 5oz box will fuck me up for 18 hours minimum.

hamfist

Just finished the last of my tyrkisk pebers. Hard licorice shells filled with ammonium chloride salmiak salt. I have been craving them all day, just love when the shell gets a pinhole in it and the salt leaks out. Woooooorgh. Need to get more of these !