Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wednesday afternoon get stuck in Perth due to storm

Started by canadagoose, September 19, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

I should have been home hours ago but the train services are fucked, and it looks like buses are starting to get affected back home too. Anyone else being inconvenienced by the big blowy bugger?

Neville Chamberlain

canadagoose

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 19, 2018, 01:06:52 PM
I can think of worse places to get stuck:

Looks much fancier than this Perth, but to be fair it's not the worst here. Cheap beer and buses seemingly.

king_tubby

Quote from: canadagoose on September 19, 2018, 01:05:11 PM
I should have been home hours ago but the train services are fucked, and it looks like buses are starting to get affected back home too. Anyone else being inconvenienced by the big blowy bugger?

Really not looking forward to biking home in it.

canadagoose

Quote from: king_tubby on September 19, 2018, 01:10:27 PM
Where are you? I probably wouldn't. Especially if bridges are involved.

king_tubby

canadagoose

Quote from: king_tubby on September 19, 2018, 01:12:18 PM
Leeds. No bridges, thankfully.
Ah, that might not be so bad. Not pleasant all the same. (Cycling in the storm, not Leeds)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I was just out in it and can can confirm 50 miles per hour strength winds are such a great fucking twatting shitting fuckoff arseholing wankerterror bunch of lads.

king_tubby

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on September 19, 2018, 01:10:27 PM

If it's blowing the way it was at lunchtime I'll be home in no time.

maett

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 19, 2018, 01:06:52 PM
I can think of worse places to get stuck:

Shithole on account of the place having as much life after 5:30 as the London Cillian Murphy wakes up to in 28 Days Later. The most boring place I've ever been with the exception of Bracknell but it didn't take 23 hours to get to fucking Bracknell nor to leave it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That corresponds to what I have read about Aussie Perth.

I wouldn't go there even for the cricket - we always lose there anyway.

canadagoose

Yes! I'm finally escaping. Managed to get a bus. Had to pay for it but it's cheaper than a hotel room.

pancreas

I'm in Edinburgh. Wind blowing like a cunt. I'm going to play on the St Giles organ in half an hour. I hope they haven't shut up shop early.

Quote from: pancreas on September 19, 2018, 05:49:37 PM
I'm in Edinburgh. Wind blowing like a cunt. I'm going to play on the St Giles organ in half an hour. I hope they haven't shut up shop early.

I was in Edinburgh too and very lucky to get a train home from Waverley all the poor sods at Edinburgh Park standing miserable, looking at us packed like sardines, with no chance of getting on the two carriages. Even then it was touch and go as tree branches stuck in overhead lines. Happens nearly every year this caper. Will be the snow next.

pancreas