Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have you ever driven a car into a nightclub?

Started by Bazooka, September 20, 2018, 11:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-45580685

Have you? What does it say about our society when a man cant even drive his car into a nightclub? In David Cameron's 'Big Society ' are we slowly losing our liberties and freedom? If Mohammed Abdul, 21 of MacMillan Street wants to drive his car into a club to buy a WKD blue, as a society who are we to deny him?

Cuellar

Refreshingly candid

QuoteMr Abdul told the court he had drunk about 15 vodkas and tequila shots and also smoked at least 10 "spliffs".

He told the court he returned in his car because he wanted to antagonise the bouncers and cause a nuisance because they had embarrassed him.

Fair enough.

Blumf

Did the car have the right boots on?

"Sorry mate, you're not coming in with those Falkens on, this is a classy establishment"

Bazooka

Quote from: Cuellar on September 20, 2018, 11:21:39 AM
Refreshingly candid

Fair enough.

Yes, it was the 10th spliff that probably made him do it.

"I could drive a van packed full of explosives into a busy nightclub and KABOOM!, I've got military experience, I know about these things"

boki

Goldentony put a Car On The Dancefloor that one time.

Not a car, but I once took a mobile 12/24v battery charging pack to a nightclub. The bouncer let me in on condition that I wouldn't start anything.

Icehaven

If Bianca Jagger can ride a horse into Studio 54, I think Mr. Abdul has every right to effectively do the same thing.

boki

Quote from: icehaven on September 20, 2018, 12:28:06 PM
If Bianca Jagger can ride a horse into Studio 54, I think Mr. Abdul has every right to effectively do the same thing.

There were quite a few people craving a bit of horse in there, though.

Funcrusher

idunnosomename

Yes, but I indicated and checked my mirrors first

Dex Sawash

a duncandisorderly

midnight, at a 24-hour macdonalds in bethlehem, PA, my bandmates & I attempted to get coffee from the drive-through window & were refused service because we were on foot.
fuck macdonalds.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: boki on September 20, 2018, 12:22:32 PM
Goldentony put a Car On The Dancefloor that one time.

Yeah, Tone was my first thought seeing this thread as well. If I weren't fuckin' banned off of Facebook I'd be sending him this.

Icehaven

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on October 04, 2018, 02:29:38 PM
midnight, at a 24-hour macdonalds in bethlehem, PA, my bandmates & I attempted to get coffee from the drive-through window & were refused service because we were on foot.
fuck macdonalds.

More than once when using a McD's Drive-thru in the small hours we've been flagged down by pedestrians asking if we could get them something if they give us the money because the counter service is closed and it's drive-thru only. I'm sure security and minimal staffing are the reasons but it's still a bit bloody silly and counter-intuitive turning away customers, particularly if the intention is to not have (probably pissed up) people on foot stumbling through where the cars are because they do anyway to beg drivers to buy something for them. 

Large Noise

At the end of the day this sounds like a good laugh, no harm done.

Dex Sawash

Surely some fucker ran over a person walking through drive up window and then sued mcdonalds because his car got blood on it.

shiftwork2

It is of course TERRIBLE that people got hurt but that video gets funnier each time I watch it.  The man has a talent for chaos that makes me suspect George Michael has returned to earth.

Pingers

I've been responsible for large numbers of Mitsubishis turning up in nightclubs.

Icehaven

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 04, 2018, 05:41:26 PM
Surely some fucker ran over a person walking through drive up window and then sued mcdonalds because his car got blood on it.

is that the same person who sued them because the coffee was too hot? He's been around since the 80s.

Jerzy Bondov

They should have a little golf cart you can take into the drive through if you forgot your car.

Quote from: Pingers on October 04, 2018, 09:58:11 PM
I've been responsible for large numbers of Mitsubishis turning up in nightclubs.

Raised a smirk but then I saw your username and avatar and doffed my imaginary internet cap to you.

Goldentony

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 04, 2018, 03:27:11 PM
Yeah, Tone was my first thought seeing this thread as well. If I weren't fuckin' banned off of Facebook I'd be sending him this.

Only just seen this thanks to a heads up off Buelligan, but aye - 2013 after years of rumour and heartache we finally managed to get my mates mum's Ford on the dancefloor of a club, an after party no less, and while it was on there some fuckarse tagged it but it was OK in the end - it wasn't my car so I didn't have to worry about it.