Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your favourite thread subject that keeps being repeated?

Started by Jockice, September 20, 2018, 12:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

I love and happily contribute to all "complaining about language" threads.

Jockice

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 20, 2018, 12:11:51 PM
Is the second " that "  in the thread title conceptual ?

Nope. It's called not paying attention when you're typing cos you're eating a bag of crisps at the time (McCoy's salt and vinegar). And it's gone now anyway. So there.

pancreas

Difficult to know. madhair60 multiply pirates so many threads it's impossible to choose.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Sebastian Cobb

Icehaven

I have the memory of a pissed goldfish so I have no problem with threads being repeated as if it was more than a week ago I won't remember it anyway as I've got the memory of a pissed goldfish so threads being repeated doesn't bother me.

Bazooka

Crisps, no contest, although Fish 'n' Chips had a good run.

Neville Chamberlain

I love any thread in which we are invited to comment on the myriad ways in which other people annoy us.

Howj Begg

I like the ones that constantly reiterate how Putin can't have done anything bad ever

king_tubby

Neville Chamberlain

I do enjoy the recurring veggie/vegan-type threads. It's also refreshing how the tone in those threads has changed over the years from "vegans are all fucking stupid bacon lol protein but but but i love dogs" to "hmm, maybe they're onto something."

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 20, 2018, 12:27:57 PM
I love any thread in which we are invited to comment on the myriad ways in which other people annoy us.

Yeah, great for social anxiety to see that people are just as judgemental as you feared they were. Let's never leave the house again.

thenoise

All the various nostalgia threads about the late eighties/early nineties. It's great how this forum has turned from discussing cutting edge comedy through to complaining about comedy not being good any more, and onto ignoring modern comedy and waxing nostalgic about the good old days. You lot are getting old at the same rate as me and I love you for it.

boki

Quote from: pancreas on September 20, 2018, 12:15:07 PMmultiply pirates

They just keep popping up.

I like the ones about crisps, especially when it descends into a row about whether cereal-based crunchy snacks can be included (which of course they fucking can).

king_tubby

Quote from: boki on September 20, 2018, 03:18:10 PM
I like the ones about crisps, especially when it descends into a row about whether cereal-based crunchy snacks can be included (which of course they fucking can).

FUCK OFF. FUCKING SHAPED CORN STARCH BASTARD.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 20, 2018, 12:16:39 PM
Threads about shitting never stop being funny.

Yes and penises/wanking.  Also the racist ones.  All great in their way but my faves are probably where we tell women what to feel.

Only joking!  My top threads are the ones with cute little animals of course!

boki

hello women reading this I will only gaslight you when it comes to maize snacks

boki

Quote from: king_tubby on September 20, 2018, 03:20:55 PM
FUCK OFF. FUCKING SHAPED CORN STARCH BASTARD.

Want some, do ya? 

'cos I could really go for a pack of Monster Munch right now and might nip the shop.

king_tubby

Quote from: boki on September 20, 2018, 03:29:42 PM
Want some, do ya? 

'cos I could really go for a pack of Monster Munch right now and might nip the shop.

Just had a packet. Beefy. Fine. Not crisps.

Norton Canes

Sometimes it takes me so long to decide whether something's 'Fuck my hat' obvious or an obvious thing I've just realised, I give up.

Norton Canes

But mostly I'd have to say threads about thread subject that keep being repeated aaaah.

Cuellar

This one.

edit: fucking 'ell Canes, mere seconds.

My favourite comments are also ones that say 'This thread again?' in threads.

'Favourite Ukrainian Epee Fencer from 1984-6 NOT including any Olympic athletes'

'This thread again?'

Icehaven

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 20, 2018, 03:46:05 PM
Sometimes it takes me so long to decide whether something's 'Fuck my hat' obvious or an obvious thing I've just realised, I give up.

Yeah I do this all the time. One man's obvious is another man's hat-fucking.

The weekly "Some Absolute Nobody Made a Lame Joke About 'White Guys' on Twitter: Is This Fascism?"

non capisco

Threads about lies that you/your mates told when you/they were kids never fail to tickle my funny bone, for some reason. It probably wasn't even a gold standard post but I remember laughing until I nearly felt sick at one of those when someone recalled their mate bullshitting that he was going to be in the next Shrek film "as the donkey's cousin".