Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:24:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sean Lock live

Started by Bobby Ralgex, September 20, 2018, 04:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Ralgex

He isn't funny.

Yes he's great on Countdown Does The Chase Uk accidentally doing Blankety Blank and Touch The Truck. Or whatever load of old shit it is.

His stand up is fucking terrible.

Utter Shit

"My family gave me counselling sessions for Christmas. Very disappointing, I asked for a crossbow"

Apology accepted.

Bobby Ralgex

Ah yes, the obligatory apologists.

Utter Shit

I've already accepted your apology, what more do you want.

jobotic

Love 15 Storeys High (which I wouldn't have heard about without this site), he is good on mostly shit panel shows but I saw him on the Apollo thing and he was fucking awful. So when I was bought a ticket to see at the beginning of this year I had some trepidation. He was really good, not pissing myself laughing for 90 minutes good, but very enjoyable and funny. So I'm an apologist.

Bobby Ralgex

Yes, I do love 15 Storeys High. But his live stuff is shit.

up_the_hampipe

Have some respect. The man is dying.

Bobby Ralgex

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 20, 2018, 04:10:32 PM
I've already accepted your apology, what more do you want.

I realised years ago subjects like comedy are subjective. So it was almost admirable that you reacted like an aggressive little shit.

Bobby Ralgex

Utter Shit

Quote from: Bobby Ralgex on September 20, 2018, 04:16:20 PM
I realised years ago subjects like comedy are subjective. So it was almost admirable that you reacted like an aggressive little shit.

It was a joke you maniac.

bgmnts

15 Storeys High is quite funny.

Bobby Ralgex

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 20, 2018, 04:18:21 PM
It was a joke you maniac.

I'm not a maniac. Just an opinion, you maniac.

Bobby Ralgex

Utter Shit

Misunderstanding an obvious joke and then calling me an aggressive little shit is quite an aggressive, shitty thing to do, although admittedly not little.

jobotic

So what's fucking terrible about his stand up?

Bobby Ralgex

Well the usual clincher is that it isn't funny.

Bobby Ralgex

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 20, 2018, 04:28:04 PM
Misunderstanding an obvious joke and then calling me an aggressive little shit is quite an aggressive, shitty thing to do, although admittedly not little.

It wasn't an obvious joke. but I'll accept your apology.

Utter Shit

Perhaps not obvious to you. Maybe you don't like Sean Lock because you don't understand jokes?

jobotic

Captain Z

New poster has aggressively controversial opinions shock.

Bobby Ralgex

Quote from: Captain Z on September 20, 2018, 04:51:14 PM
New poster has aggressively controversial opinions shock.

I'm not a new poster. I've been here for nearly 10 years.

Bobby Ralgex

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 20, 2018, 04:35:04 PM
Perhaps not obvious to you. Maybe you don't like Sean Lock because you don't understand jokes?

No, as I said, comedy is subjective. I think Sean Lock is funny. He's fucking unfunny live. You might think he's marvellous live.

Are you a fucking moron? I've told you.

Now fuck off and leave me alone.

Brundle-Fly

You don't think Sean Lock is funny live, then don't explain why you think he's not funny on stage and opine that 'comedy is subjective'. Out of curiosity, why have you started this thread? 

rasta-spouse

His last three live dvds are poor, yes. But the first one's really good. Give it a go.

Bobby Ralgex

Well because nearly everything he says, the setups to later jokes and the actual punchlines aren't funny.

He's great everywhere else. Just not live

Brundle-Fly

Is it just silence during his gigs? Must be weird.

Brundle-Fly

I've only ever seen him live once at The Comedy Store in the early nineties and he was bloody funny. As you say 'subjective', innit?

Bobby Ralgex

Bobby Ralgex

I used to like the Eddie Izzard 90's DVD's. I saw him live twice in the 2000's and he was fucking lazy shit.

Didn't make me laugh whatsoever.