Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Upcoming city builder games

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, September 20, 2018, 09:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJKZ9WeQ2U

QuoteList
0:00 The Colonists
Platforms: PC
Release: TBA

1:42 Flotsam
Release: 2019

2:07 Industries of Titan
Release: 2019

3:04 Anno 1800
Release: 26 Feb, 2019

4:22 Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic
Platforms: pc

6:25 Tropico 6
Platforms: PC, PS4, XB1, Mac, Linux
Release: Jan 2019

7:46 The Settlers (2019)
Release: Fall 2019

8:48 Hard Ancient Life
Release: Q4 2018

9:58 Foundation
Release: Q4 2018

11:57 Ancient Cities

I like the look of the new Anno, it does make most of the others look unpolished, but that's money for you, I guess.

Foundation looks like it would be good with a slightly less obnoxiously kiddy colour palette. What about those of us who want to create little medieval model villages like sad bastards... who aren't aged under 7?

Workers & Resources looked like a beefed up re-run of Transport/Railroad Tycoon, albeit one that could easily have existed 14 years ago.

Bhazor

Not seen Industries of Titan. That looks pretty cool.

I've got hopes for Starmancer. Enough  to back their kickstarter at least.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1424711375/starmancer?ref=user_menu

Unfortunately Dwarf Fortress and the old Sierra city builders have ruined more casual city builders for me. I just can't seem to stay engaged without a high difficulty curve. Worst being Tropico which tries so hard to put pressure on you and gives you all these cool ideas about bribing and secret police and breaking protests but is just so piss easy I've never had to use any of it.

Haven't tried Frost Punk yet.

But I will say that after recent years the fact there is a list of 10 city builders coming up does fill me with hope.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hard Ancient Life is a really funny name for a game. The game itself looks the visual equivalent to Pharoah what Theme Park World was to Theme Park.