Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

(spam): A Halloween Marathon

Started by Delete Delete Delete, September 20, 2018, 10:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Time is marching on for the second annual (spam) Halloween marathon. So its time to take suggestions.

My first suggestion is Mazes and Monsters (1982)

A made for tv film staring a young Tom Yanks about a Dnugeons And Dragons releated suicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IksagJHO6vs

the

Line-up for last year's, in case of repeat suggestions.

Seeing as we had had Bottom - Terror last year, how about The Young Ones - Nasty?

Also, did you end up going with Captain Z's suggestion of Look Around You - Ghosts? If not, that's worth putting in.

EDIT: Also, how about that Paul Daniels Halloween special? The effect is even better now that he's actually dead.

All good suggestions there, I haven't play any Look Around You on (spam) yet, so thats doable. There are two Pual Danials special, 87 and 88, any prefrence?

garbed_attic

Loved what I made of this last time round and Halloween is always one of my favourite days of the year!

My suggestion for this year is Raúl Ruiz's The Territory (1981):

As for TV, maybe an episode of Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids, an episode of Spooks of Bottle Bay and one of those old BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas?

the

For a filler item, how about the video to the mindbendingly awful Addams Groove by MC Hammer.

Maybe an episode of Dr Terrible's House Of Horrible (which I still haven't seen, so apologies if it's arsewater).

Count Duckula?

Thriller?

That reminds me I have the VHS release of the making of Thriller.

garbed_attic

I will note that in spite of the French language poster The Territory isn't one of those so-called "subtitled" films and was produced by Roger Corman... so, while being (sometimes very clever and super inventive!) art-house it's also (sometimes very stupid but still super inventive!) shlocky horror! ^^

Spoon of Ploff

Replies From View

The Boy From Space (including the studio inserts with Wordy and the animations), though I don't know whether just one episode would hit the spot really.

thenoise

NoSleep

John Carpenter's TV movie from the series Masters Of Horror, entitled Cigarette Burns

Spoon of Ploff

Ooh. How about the Royal Jelly episode from Tales of the Unexpected?

Buzzzzzuzzzuzzz.

NurseNugent

How about something from the Hammer House of Horrors TV series?

Cuellar

One of the M R James adaptations, the old ones? "Whistle and I'll come to you" is the obvious one, but there are a few others on YouTube.

Brundle-Fly

The Tell Tale Heart (1954)

Fantastic short animated adaptation of the Poe story from the UPA stable narrated masterly by James Mason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJb150JRqpQ

Spiteface

Quote from: the on September 20, 2018, 11:39:37 PM
For a filler item, how about the video to the mindbendingly awful Addams Groove by MC Hammer.

His attempt at being "Gangsta" was scarier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk1YtbkZTqc

Spoon of Ploff

Another suggestion would be this spooooky episode of Space 1999 called troubled spirit

Replies From View

Maybe a Charles R Bowers short like Egged On (1926)?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtn2TqXTKzs

Not exactly Halloween themed, but with that soundtrack it's the right side of dark surreal I'd say.

Bazooka

The X-Files season 4 2nd episode: Home or season 2 episode 2: The Host

The line up has been put together, starting directly after that weeks weekly Tuesday show.

12pm – Creepshow (1982)
2am – Hose (1985)
3:30 am – Suspiria (1977)
5:10 am – Amazing Stories: Mirror, Mirror
5:40 am – Mazes And Monsters (1982)
7:20 am – Alfred Hitchcock Presents:The Dusty Drawer
7:45 am – Tales From The Crypt: Dig The Cat, Hes Real Gone
8:15 am – The X Files: Home
9:00 am – Shalken The Painter
10:10 am -Hammer House Of Horror – Silent Scream
11:00 am – Dead Ringers (1988)
12:50 am – Prince Of Darkness (987)
2:30 pm – Thriller And The Making Of Thriller Documentary
3:30 pm – The Territory (1981)
5:10 pm – The Signal Man (1976)
5:50 pm – Masters Of Horror – Cigarette Burns
6:40 pm – John Smiths: The Black Tower (1987)
7:00 pm – Harpya (1979)
7:10 pm – Space 1999: The Troubled Spirit
8:00 pm – M.R. James: A Warning To The curious (1972)
8:50 pm – The Tell Tale Heart (1954)
9:00 pm – Paul Daniels Live At Halloween
9:40 pm – Charles R Bowers: Egged On
10:05 pm – Tales Of The Unexpected: Royal Jelly
10:30 pm – Robert Morgan: Bobby Yeah (2011)
10:55 pm – Halloween III: Season Of The Witch (1982)

QDRPHNC

How about Trick or Treat, the shite-tastic 80s horror film about a dead heavy metal rocker type who comes back to life? With cameos by Ozzy and the fat one from KISS, and starring Balky from Perfect Strangers Paul from The Wonder Years Skippy from Family Ties.

Replies From View

So this will be Wednesday 31st October?

garbed_attic

I will make as much of this as I can! <3

(It's quite the line-up!)

Replies From View

Ferris

Ferris

Correction is should be House, not Hose. Though I wonder what a Horror film called Hose would be like.