Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't recycle

Started by Twed, September 21, 2018, 03:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

Remember with refuse its Reduce, Reuse, Eat, Recycle.

Golden E. Pump

I only rode a bike once in my life too.

Sebastian Cobb

[tag]10cc consider rewrite[/tag]

im barry bethel

Quote from: Cuellar on September 21, 2018, 07:23:28 PM
Is it really made from recycled CD cases? How would you ever know? Marketing gimmick.

I think a lot of it is finding secondary uses for things that didn't need to be used in the first place, it would have been better not to have made the CD case to start with. Rather than putting recyclable materials into pat yourself on the back this replaces that products I'd prefer to see something genuinely useful done with it

Sebastian Cobb

but then what would hold the cd's?

Twed

yesitsme

I've stopped eating Chinese Takeway for two reasons.  1, it's overpriced muck and 2, is there any other meal that's as bad for the environment?

Plastic bags, polystyrene tubs, silver foil trays, cardboard lids all in a cardboard box - it's a landfill on its own.  Like the plastic spiders you get in crackers everything that comes from China is a big FU to the planet earth.

pancreas

Why not just take a book to the restaurant? Fuck the world and eat on your own.

yesitsme

Quote from: pancreas on September 25, 2018, 09:40:21 AM
Why not just take a book to the restaurant? Fuck the world and eat on your own.

See 'reason 1'.  It's still muck isn't it? 

What sort of muck do you want lurid red muck, lurid yellow muck or lurid green muck?

Here's you lurid red muck.  *splat*

pancreas

Quote from: yesitsme on September 25, 2018, 09:47:42 AM

What sort of muck do you want lurid red muck, lurid yellow muck or lurid green muck?

Sometimes underneath is it crispy...

What about duck. Duck is neither red nor yellow nor green. It is grey and you put brown on it and wrap it in white thing.

Ferris

Dex Sawash

[tag]  FIFTY-FIVE  [/tag]

Icehaven

Quote from: yesitsme on September 25, 2018, 09:47:42 AM

You're going to the wrong Chineses. Ain't nothing lurid about the special chicken rice with black bean sauce from my local one.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: yesitsme on September 25, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
I've stopped eating Chinese Takeway for two reasons.  1, it's overpriced muck and 2, is there any other meal that's as bad for the environment?

Plastic bags, polystyrene tubs, silver foil trays, cardboard lids all in a cardboard box - it's a landfill on its own.  Like the plastic spiders you get in crackers everything that comes from China is a big FU to the planet earth.

Plus, if you factor in the environmental harm of factory farming and the individual harm against the animal that went on to form the meat in your dish, it's a total shitshow from beginning to end!

pancreas

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 25, 2018, 12:11:55 PM
Plus, if you factor in the environmental harm of factory farming and the individual harm against the animal that went on to form the meat in your dish, it's a total shitshow from beginning to end!

Oh come on! Those are the best bits!

Like the crispy edges of a well-baked lasagne.

Neville Chamberlain

Cruelty to lasagnes - whatever next?!?!?

pancreas

Sex crimes on cannelloni, I believe.

Twed

(pencil for scale)

Ordered room service for breakfast (one of the cheapest ways to eat, and I get to tip somebody who deserves it). Was not expecting one solitary McMuffin-style breakfast sandwich to come in a bag this size (or a bag at all) and I definitely cannot fathom the logic of the bag being printed with the hotel's bullshit "we're saving the environment" initiative branding on it.

Twed

This was just a ruse to distribute my room number to the ladiez of the Internet.

im barry bethel

Room 11432 sounds a bit miserable, is the pencil made from a recycled CD case?

Twed

The wood harvested from dead (wooden) residents.

steve98

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 21, 2018, 02:01:48 PM
How does shredding straws help the environment?

Young eels and similar will often nest inside a plastic straw, and as they grow and bulk-up the inflexible straw stops them expanding (The well known Dumbbell Effect), causing an early death. Jellied-Eel farmers utilize the idea.

Attila

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 21, 2018, 12:25:51 PM
Straws were paper when I was a child, those sucked.

On the contrary -- once they got wet they didn't work at all.

also grew up with paper straws, they did indeed suck

I used to be Mr fuckin Green and I always vote Green Party and I'm a pure Taoist but since I lived in China, I barely give it any thought. My contribution and the entire UK's contribution is negligible in comparison. It's like eating a roast dinner every meal and snacking on pizza but having Diet Coke instead of proper Coke and thinking you'll lose weight. Only it has even less impact.

Ferris

The real story here is how on earth can the uk consume 6bn packets of crisps. That's staggering. 100 packets for every man, woman and child a year. One every few days. Sensational.

Sebastian Cobb

Used to be pretty normal to have a bag of crisps in your daily packed lunch.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 26, 2018, 05:49:09 PM
Used to be pretty normal to have a bag of crisps in your daily packed lunch.

Yeah but the elderly? MPs? Infants? People on oil rigs? It's incredible.

Factoring those in, it's probably a bag of crisps a day for every eligible person (ie aged 10-65, not in hospital, not vegan etc) in the country. That's astonishing.

JarrowMonkey

I don't recycle, oh no

10cc first attempt etc