Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Down the Line - specifically getting hold of it

Started by Shit Good Nose, September 21, 2018, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

How does one procure Down the Line without taking out a mortgage or three these days?  I had the first three series downloaded, but fucked if I can find them now - I fear they were on a hard drive that died last year - and the CDs, which used to go for a couple of quid per series, are now going for three fucking figures. 

WHA' HAPPEN!?!?!?!?

magval

It'll not be long before someone here pops along with a link. That's how I and a good few others got it.

Shit Good Nose

Well that would be amazing.

Why are the CDs so fucking expensive now though, and how long have they been on for those prices?

magval

It's either a pricing algorithm, or someone got lucky selling an OOP comedy series, set a precedent and it's never been challenged by the sort of "it's only worth what you're willing to pay for it" common sense espoused by my dear old dad.

Online aftermarket, in two words.

Shit Good Nose

What a crazy world we live in!!

Some legendary CaBbers have sorted me out - thank you you amazing cunts.

What is point pricing algorithm?

The original price was fine, why do they have to keep mucking about with things?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on September 22, 2018, 10:21:48 PM
What is point pricing algorithm?

I guess it monitors typical movement and then keeps prices "realistic" on a day to day basis and based on what's available at any one time.  A bit like how something could go at an auction for £100 one day because three or four of the "right" people were all bidding.  But take the exact same item to auction the next day and there's only one person interested and it sells for a fiver.  Bargain.  Lucky cunt.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 22, 2018, 10:30:23 PM
I guess it monitors typical movement and then keeps prices "realistic" on a day to day basis and based on what's available at any one time.  A bit like how something could go at an auction for £100 one day because three or four of the "right" people were all bidding.  But take the exact same item to auction the next day and there's only one person interested and it sells for a fiver.  Bargain.  Lucky cunt.

What is point "typical movement"?

Shit Good Nose

amnesiac

I legit bought the first 3 series from iTunes ages ago like a total idiot.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: amnesiac on September 24, 2018, 11:36:56 AM
I legit bought the first 3 series from iTunes ages ago like a total idiot.

So did I, but from Amazon.

amnesiac

I could've sworn they were also on Audible but I can't see them now. And nothing on Radio iPlayer (complete randomness when/if they get put up). They're practically forcing us to go illegals.