Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Checkout shame

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, September 21, 2018, 09:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Love buying multipacks of bog wipe, makes my shopping look like a family mans rather than a sad single mans. Especially given the quantities of food I buy. Winning!!

Ferris

I've bought additional supplies of tinned tomatoes, onions, tuna, avocados etc etc to hide the fact that my apartment has run out of bog roll.

If you just walk in and buy bog roll and nothing else, it looks like you are desperate for a shit to the point where no other shopping is able to enter your turd-befuddled mind.

petril

Quote from: pancreas on September 22, 2018, 09:18:30 AM
Fuck 9 packs. I sling one of these over my shoulder:

Then whenever anyone turns to look, just shrug and tell them: cholera, mate.

better still of farmfoods are doing 54 rolls for a tenner. the satisfaction of not having to arrange a shopping bag around bogroll for months and months on end is lovely

Blue Jam

Quote from: petrilTanaka on September 22, 2018, 01:30:00 PM
the satisfaction of not having to arrange a shopping bag around bogroll for months and months on end is laaahhhverly

Sebastian Cobb

I think my most shameful was when I thought I was on a promise and went out to buy toiletries and bedding.

I ended up buying johnnies from the toilet in the supermarket as I thought otherwise it looked a bit rapey.

Another time I had a 4 pack of bog roll, a ready meal curry and shit paper. Now that's a shop that says 'this guy knows exactly how his evening is going to pan out.'

Dr Rock

Can't buy a nine pack of toilet roll. Glad I'm not the only one.

Is it okay to put experiences from the other side of the checkout in this thread? I saw a shameful thing or two when I was working in a supermarket.

I think the worst one was this huge, bumfluff-beard, remedial glasses, stinking man coming to my counter with a Hannah Montana DVD and nothing else. Now, you're not telling me that guy has kids. He was buying it for himself. He came in a few more times to buy more Montanas. Never anything else. Never even looked at the adult films. Always straight to the underage starlet section.

But what can you say, what can you do? There's no law against it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 22, 2018, 02:16:50 PM
I think my most shameful was when I thought I was on a promise and went out to buy toiletries and bedding.

I ended up buying johnnies from the toilet in the supermarket as I thought otherwise it looked a bit rapey.

Another time I had a 4 pack of bog roll, a ready meal curry and shit paper. Now that's a shop that says 'this guy knows exactly how his evening is going to pan out.'

How was the 4 pack of bog roll different from the shit paper ?

Captain Poodle Basher

Quote from: Default to the negative on September 22, 2018, 02:47:14 PM
Is it okay to put experiences from the other side of the checkout in this thread? I saw a shameful thing or two when I was working in a supermarket.

I think the worst one was this huge, bumfluff-beard, remedial glasses, stinking man coming to my counter with a Hannah Montana DVD and nothing else. Now, you're not telling me that guy has kids. He was buying it for himself. He came in a few more times to buy more Montanas. Never anything else. Never even looked at the adult films. Always straight to the underage starlet section.

But what can you say, what can you do? There's no law against it.

Not as creepy as that, but more in a Desolation thread way:

I used to regularly see a mother and son couple who'd load their trolley with bottles of vodka and then pick up the cheapest food items of the most basic sort, sometimes putting stuff back if it impacted on the vodka-buying. All the while grumbling at one another over the ratio of vodka to starvation-avoidance with the vodka always coming first.

Attila

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 22, 2018, 01:34:45 PM

Don't provide Mr Attila with inspiration.

He buys multiple multi-packs of bog roll on a weekly basis.  Fuck knows what he's doing with it or why/how he goes through it so quickly. He stashes it all up in the loft -- I expect if I look up there, I'll come face to face with an Andros space ship,

petril

big al

Quote from: Captain Poodle Basher on September 22, 2018, 03:29:25 PM
Not as creepy as that, but more in a Desolation thread way:

I used to regularly see a mother and son couple who'd load their trolley with bottles of vodka and then pick up the cheapest food items of the most basic sort, sometimes putting stuff back if it impacted on the vodka-buying. All the while grumbling at one another over the ratio of vodka to starvation-avoidance with the vodka always coming first.

I used to work in a Spar, there's nothing makes you feel shitter about yourself than having to facilitate the local acoholics' addictions as they come in for their daily bottle of cider or half bottle of gin.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: big al on September 22, 2018, 07:40:37 PM
I used to work in a Spar, there's nothing makes you feel shitter about yourself than having to facilitate the local acoholics' addictions as they come in for their daily bottle of cider or half bottle of gin.

Seems appropriate to post this here:

https://youtu.be/j4lTazX3asg

NurseNugent

Laxatives and mouthwash together. There was a yoghurt too, but that didn't make me feel less embarrassed.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: big al on September 22, 2018, 07:40:37 PM

The spar near my old gaff was also by a chemist's. If it was a nice day the junkies would just sit on the pavement with tinnies and cider until they were doled out their afternoon methadone.

I once overheard two spar staff talking about a local character 'nah he's so much of a jakey he's not even allowed a post office account; his currencies are strictly cash and vallies'.

mothman

It's kinda sad that the woman killed by the Novichok in Salisbury's last images alive were her working out how many small bottles and cans of alcohol she could afford to buy in her corner shop, and - for maximum bleakness - even putting one back.

mobias

I went into a sex shop to buy a butt plug once. I picked one up and went to the counter with it. The guy behind the counter looked at it and then looked at me before telling me he wouldn't recommend that particular one. He then went into a detailed lesson about butt plugs, the do's and don'ts, and what to look for one purchasing one.

It wasn't really embarrassing. Just quite informative I guess.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: mobias on September 22, 2018, 09:08:27 PM
I went into a sex shop to buy a butt plug once. I picked one up and went to the counter with it. The guy behind the counter looked at it and then looked at me before telling me he wouldn't recommend that particular one. He then went into a detailed lesson about butt plugs, the do's and don'ts, and what to look for one purchasing one.

It wasn't really embarrassing. Just quite informative I guess.

To be fair, in a sex shop, shame should be extra.

Shit Good Nose

What's all this nine rolls of shit paper bollocks????  18 multipack, obvs.  Never any shame.  Having safe sex embarrasses me rotten, but letting people think I've got a major case of the Cairo Gallops/Smelly Bistos?  Couldn't care less, mate.

flotemysost

I remember one Sunday afternoon when I was about 16, my Mum, mid roast preparation, was short of a couple of ingredients and asked if I could nip to the shops to buy a single carrot and a pack of butter. After a moment's thought, she suggested I should maybe throw in a few other items too, 'in case I got embarrassed'.

I'm glad she considered that I might not want the corner shop owner to think I'm partial to a nice Sunday vegewank.

hummingofevil

Went into my local Tesco's a couple weeks back desperate for a shite. Got to cubicle: no bog roll, next cubicle the same and disabled loo too..

Went to cigs counter and whispered apologetically.

"Excuse me mate... there's no toilet paper in the loos."

"Oh just use disabled ones."

"None in there  either, I checked. Do you have any tissues or something?"

"Yeah no problem mate. I'll just get you some."

He then proceeded to put out a tannoy announcement for a staff member to get some toilet rolls for gents toilet. I squeeze my arse cheeks with all my might and bolted from there on embarrassment to nearest pub.

QDRPHNC

Used to work in a video game shop, every second Friday a man in a suit would come in drunk off his tits and buy a Gameboy game for his kids.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 23, 2018, 01:51:39 AM
Used to work in a video game shop, every second Friday a man in a suit would come in drunk off his tits and buy a Gameboy game for his kids.

You should see where I went the other Fridays.

Icehaven

Re: Multiple bog roll buying, when I was at school a friend of mine came in one day and said she'd seen one of our teachers in the Supermarket the previous evening with a shopping trolley full of nothing but toilet roll. He'd seen her but not seemed embarrassed about it at all. Good for him.
I used to work in Safeway in the holidays and this bloke started to come in first thing every single morning and buy one small thing, maybe bottle of pop or a few bananas, pay with a card and get £50 cashback. I assumed it was money for drugs but the supervisor was more suspicious and thought he'd stolen the card or it was an elderly relatives or something, and reckoned he was probably going around different shops doing the same thing (£50 was the maximum cashback we did per card per day). I think she challenged him one day and asked for further ID or something, but he stopped coming in anyway.