Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,188
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Modern Eyebrows On Women

Started by Ryan Gosling, September 23, 2018, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppet

Quote from: thenoise on September 23, 2018, 07:53:30 PM
I'm a bit alarmed by the modern thing of having dyed blond hair with dark thick brows.

Yeah, but...

machotrouts

Quote from: Ryan Gosling on September 23, 2018, 07:03:25 PM
This post is no way an attempt to belittle the female sex. Its a post about how funny some eyebrows look, like they have used permanent marker.

You're Ryan Gosling why do you give a shit

Brundle-Fly

It goes without saying that the pinnacle of women's thick eyebrow goddess majesty goes to late nineties EastEnders actor, Daniela Denby-Ashe

Icehaven

Some bloke "went viral" (well according to the BBC website anyway) ranting about his daughter's eyebrow obsession, with the main thrust of his argument being that men don't notice eyebrows (unless they look daft anyway) so why is she bothering? I sincerely hope she or someone, hopefully a lot of people, set him right on his bizarre presumption that the main reason she fusses about her eyebrows, or looks in general, is to impress men. It might be somewhere on the list, but it won't be at the top.

Emma Raducanu

I wonder if there ever was a man who had a wank over a pair of eyebrows?

bgmnts

Quote from: Trojan_Jockey on September 23, 2018, 09:53:40 PM
Yes, if a woman doesn't have thick, solid triangular eyebrows then I won't go near them.

Can you tell us where you were and and what you were doing when you first realised you had this predilection?

mothman

Quote from: DolphinFace on September 24, 2018, 08:01:17 AM
I wonder if there ever was a man who had a wank over a pair of eyebrows?

Don't google Bukkake.

Pdine

When I was a kid in the 1970s, obviously artificial painted eyebrows were things you'd only see on extremely old ladies. My mum used to help out a ~80 year old widow when I was tiny and I used to go along with her. She had real difficulty with practical matters, but still carefully drew on her eyebrows every morning with a sort of dark brown waxy mud. I assume she also plucked them when necessary, despite serious shakes.

When drawing on of eyebrows started to become a thing again I remembered this lady, and how fascinating/terrifying I found her eyebrows. This in turn led me to wonder if these fashions go dormant for ~50 years to make sure that old men like me are put off inappropriately young women. By the time the fashion - whatever it is - comes around again it seems fresh and novel to younger men but erection-cripplingly reminiscent of old ladies to old men. Just a theory...

Buelligan

Modern Eyebrows On Women - is it all really completely and utterly about men?

Clownbaby

Oh my god, finding the right shade of eyeliner pencil for not ridiculously expensive is a nightmare for me at the moment.  I can't really figure out what the best shade would be for me because none of them really look right. I have very bleached blonde hair so a dark one looks a bit odd next to it, but a lot of the middle shade ones that are affordable are a little bit gingery looking. The blonde ones are always too light as well and you basically can't see them, so I currently cobble together my own shade with 3 different pencils. I draw mine on very thin cause I don't really like the thick extremely ombre shade fat brow trend but it does mean that I look a bit like a Disney Villain

Pdine

Quote from: Buelligan on September 24, 2018, 10:52:26 AM
Modern Eyebrows On Women - is it all really completely and utterly about men?

I don't think I was saying that.

Cuellar

I think it was aimed at the thread generally.

Pdine

Quote from: Cuellar on September 24, 2018, 11:37:51 AM
I think it was aimed at the thread generally.

Having re-read it it doesn't really seem to be true of the majority of the other posts either. Puzzling.

Cuellar

I see it more of a comment on the fact that this thread exists at all.

"Some women's eyebrows look funny"

So? What business is it of yours?

Teardrop

Hi guys its me, its teardrop, this thread seems a bit highbrow

amnesiac

Hi C&B, Ryan Gosling is from the C&B sister site 'Ace Forum' although is it really a twinned/sister site if the other half don't know about it? we definitely think of you as our sister site, we talk about you lot and we have favourites and also ones we don't like.
I always imagined what it'd be like to be observed like this, as though by aliens, or like an avid Korean fanbase reading all posts and having like a thriving community all based around it WITHOUT anyone here knowing about it! a bit like The Truman Show I guess.

ANYWAY we don't let Ryan Gosling out for obvious reasons so can you tell me if he's bothering you.

olliebean

Quote from: icehaven on September 24, 2018, 07:23:14 AM
Some bloke "went viral" (well according to the BBC website anyway) ranting about his daughter's eyebrow obsession, with the main thrust of his argument being that men don't notice eyebrows (unless they look daft anyway) so why is she bothering? I sincerely hope she or someone, hopefully a lot of people, set him right on his bizarre presumption that the main reason she fusses about her eyebrows, or looks in general, is to impress men. It might be somewhere on the list, but it won't be at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RRKKi4-dM

Teardrop

olly, is that you mate? is pancake still on here stealing my personality?

Cuellar

Dex Sawash

I like drawn on eyebrows for the daft pointlessness* of it.

* in my patriarchal opinion

kittens

i once saw this lady with these funny eyebrows right

pancreas

Quote from: Teardrop on September 24, 2018, 12:52:26 PM
olly, is that you mate? is pancake still on here stealing my personality?

Who the fuck is pancake? I'm the only panc* here.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 24, 2018, 11:15:56 AM
Oh my god, finding the right shade of eyeliner pencil for not ridiculously expensive is a nightmare for me at the moment.  I can't really figure out what the best shade would be for me because none of them really look right. I have very bleached blonde hair so a dark one looks a bit odd next to it, but a lot of the middle shade ones that are affordable are a little bit gingery looking. The blonde ones are always too light as well and you basically can't see them, so I currently cobble together my own shade with 3 different pencils. I draw mine on very thin cause I don't really like the thick extremely ombre shade fat brow trend but it does mean that I look a bit like a Disney Villain

You've probably tried it but the Rimmel one in Hazel would probably be a good shout, or maybe the Soap and Glory Archery ones? They've got a nice middle brown that's not too gingery.

Eyebrows are hard.

Golden E. Pump

They're all drawn on by the time...

thraxx

I had forgotten about whatserface denby-ashe, which is surprising as my 14 year old knob was given quite a working out on her behalf in the early 90s.

flotemysost

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on September 24, 2018, 06:32:55 PM
You've probably tried it but the Rimmel one in Hazel would probably be a good shout, or maybe the Soap and Glory Archery ones? They've got a nice middle brown that's not too gingery.

Eyebrows are hard.

The Rimmel one is a good shout - much cheaper than a lot of the other brands but stays on well and the little brush is handy. Barry M used to do a good marker pen-type thing (which actually goes on very natural-looking) but they seem to have discontinued it.

For everyone saying that no one notices eyebrows anyway, you're welcome: http://celebswithnoeyebrows.com/

Noonling

Quote from: flotemysost on September 24, 2018, 10:10:08 PM
For everyone saying that no one notices eyebrows anyway, you're welcome: http://celebswithnoeyebrows.com/

About 30% of them look better with no eyebrows. Some of them I wouldn't even notice if I just saw the photoshopped version. I am perhaps unusually unobservant though.

EDIT: And bad at recognising people. Some of them who I know I wouldn't recognise without eyebrows, even though their eyebrows are nothing remarkable. Jesus Christ how does facial recognition work?

steve98

What a difference brows make: they all look thuggish without them.

greenman

Partly because as that quiz showed eyebrows highlight someones expression a lot more.

the

Plus without them, you latch onto the hood of the eye for shape of expression instead, which doesn't give a very reflective reading.

Clearly the tautness of forehead tells us much about the thought going on behind it. Brows are the hairy mood gauge of the northern face.

This could be what drives STRONG EYEBROW OPINIONS, maybe we have a tendency to view highly landscaped eyebrows as a deception in some way, a smokescreen of the soul.

Though you also get shit if you have something of a monobrow.