Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hardy Fox, of The Residents seriously ill

Started by Nowhere Man, September 23, 2018, 07:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhere Man

Poor fella, for those who don't know, he finally confirmed himself as the former main composer of the group a few years ago. I think I read somewhere that he still wrote for the group, even after leaving. So I can't imagine there'll be much more new material from The Residents.

Brundle-Fly

That's rotten news. God, I owe The Residents a lot.

Absorb the anus burn

Sad news. Good luck to him.... What an amazing creative brain and group. When they catch you (at the right moment of your life) The Residents can blow apart your perceptions of art.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on September 23, 2018, 07:58:17 PM
Sad news. Good luck to him.... What an amazing creative brain and group. When they catch you (at the right moment of your life) The Residents can blow apart your perceptions of art.

Absolutely! Discovered the Rezzies in the mid-eighties and they completely shook up my then fairly conventional tastes in music and art. It was difficult at first but I'm glad I persevered because of the rewards I later reaped.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 23, 2018, 07:45:26 PM
God, I owe The Residents a lot.

Me too. The Commercial Album was a regular feature of my early acid experiences.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 23, 2018, 08:23:19 PM
Me too. The Commercial Album was a regular feature of my early acid experiences.

Go on. 

The Commercial Album was my first exposure to them after the Act Of Being Polite promo featured on The Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtnRoQRNbls

Deyv

This is awful news.

For anyone who hasn't checked out his solo work, I recommend his album "Heart." It's quite dark, but beautiful in the same way as Demons Dance Alone, although less accessible I suppose.

Nowhere Man

Here's a lovely recent picture of the two main Residents, Hardy Fox (writer) and Homer Flynn (singer)

Neville Chamberlain

Two truly great men - what a body of work behind them (if, indeed, the are the actual Residents). Looking forward to seeing The Residents on tour again early next year!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Erm.... I'm a bit confused, here. I've been reading about yer man on another forum, which quotes the same tweet from the OP, and then there's shitloads of texts from folk giving it the RIP like he's actually carked it. Is he " resident" in the afterlife, or not ?

Twed

Around the time this thread appeared I went to his official site and it had "1954-2018" (not sure of the actual birth year) on it. I think he's probably gone but there issues around managing the public knowledge of that fact.