Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Those little stands on delivery pizzas

Started by Icehaven, September 23, 2018, 07:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

The doll's house table things to stop the pizza sticking to the top of the box, not seen one for ages, do they still exist? Are they redundant now most pizzas are delivered in cars rather than mopeds with no suspension? What became of them?

Sebastian Cobb

I think pizza hut still do them. But it's been ages since anyone has ordered pizza hut. Sure, people are divided between Papa John's and Dominoes, but that's largely based on how much you like garlic sauce.

Absorb the anus burn

I submitted a sketch for a popular comedy show about items of miniature furniture appearing on pizzas... Eventually, a tiny branch of Habitat appeared on the centre of a margharita.

It was rejected.

Twit 2

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on September 23, 2018, 08:03:47 PM
I submitted a sketch for a popular comedy show about items of miniature furniture appearing on pizzas... Eventually, a tiny branch of Habitat appeared on the centre of a margharita.

It was rejected.

It should've been Homebase. Those little tables are garden furniture.

bgmnts

Yes they do still exist. I've weaved them all together and it looks like a miniature piece of modern art in my hamster's cage.

Pijlstaart

They were in the pizza boxes at work during at-work pizza day. The slices weren't cut properly, and one man, at-work, pulled out 4 conjoined slices with the pizza stand sticking out the top and he ate the whole thing. I had more pizza overall, but from individual slices, not conjoined slices. I'm aware sainsburys has redesigned their frozen pizza boxes, a brighter palette now, so I'll have that to look forward to this christmas.

mothman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_saver

John Finnemore did a song about Carmela Vitale on his Souvenir Programme, that's how I know.

Shit Good Nose

Only ever had one once - the first time we got a takeaway from Papa John's (about 13 years ago).  Otherwise, no pizza places around anywhere I've lived have ever done them.  I always felt a bit short-changed with that, given that every time you saw a takeaway pizza on TV there was a little table in there.

idunnosomename

I just get those nice long pizzas for 3.50 or whatever from Aldi - chilled pizza retailer of the year don't you know - and count the many pounds i saved from buying some greasy thing in a cardboard box with some tiny garden furniture stuck in it

Dex Sawash

My place only uses them if you order a 20" pizza as the box top is more prone to sag on the large span.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Just got some pizzas from Pizza Hut and can tell you all now that yes there were miniature patio tables on each of them.

Johnny Yesno

Of course, like many other plastics, pizza savers end up in the sea. If they sink to the sea bed, they are a particular hazard to sea horses, who sit down at them and starve to death waiting to get served.

royce coolidge

Well fuck me,had my first takeaway pizza in over a year tonight,there the little 3 legged table lay,and I wondered at its purpose,i can go to bed a wiser man.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 23, 2018, 11:34:32 PM
Of course, like many other plastics, pizza savers end up in the sea. If they sink to the sea bed, they are a particular hazard to sea horses, who sit down at them and starve to death waiting to get served.

I laughed (at the seahorse twats)

king_tubby

This is has reminded me of when my mate got a pizza on the way back from the pub and tucked it under his shoulder to walk home with.

Boy, was his face red when he opened the box!

Wet Blanket

For a while after a new takeaway opened near me they used to include one of these, and a little fork and paper napkin with your chips, but all those touches were abandoned within six months. 

kittens

Quote from: king_tubby on September 24, 2018, 04:54:42 PM
This is has reminded me of when my mate got a pizza on the way back from the pub and tucked it under his shoulder to walk home with.

Boy, was his face red when he opened the box!

when i first moved into a house in bristol i celebrated by going out and getting a pizza, which i took home in my backpack. opened it up at home and i was like how did they make this pizza so wrong