Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fox (1980)

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, September 23, 2018, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Peter Vaughan as the patriarch of a south London family that includes Bernard Hughes and Ray Winstone. A turbulent story line of fights, crimes, kidnapping and all-round jollity. I like it. Anyone remember it? Includes young Bill Nighy as a reporter who gets punched by Vaughan, and Christopher Ryan as a mechanic who gets in trouble with them for respraying Ray's stolen motor.

Brundle-Fly

Last summer, I was trying to match the mighty Head Gardner's charity shop LP finds with my Marie Curie booty but didn't want to tread on his toes.

I found this beauty though. On the left obvs.

Norton Canes

Got the DVD from Network a few years ago, watched a few episodes but didn't get round to doing the whole series. It's well acted and decently written, but the appeal of the musical interludes quickly wears thin. Nevertheless I should go back and finish the rest.

My only complaint is the cover Network used for the DVD. I appreciate they wanted a shot of the impressive ensemble cast together and I guess they used the only one that was available but it doesn't take much of a glance before you realise it gives away a massive spoiler (which is why I haven't posted it here - see it at your peril!). Silly Network.

[Edit: Ha, it's not as ludicrously spoilery as the one photo of the series IMDB have on their page for the programme]