Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BZZZZ OW JESUS the electric shock thread

Started by Rizla, September 23, 2018, 10:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

I have never been a fan of electric shocks, personally.

Wet Blanket

On holiday in the Caribbean, the guy showing us to our room told me not to touch the cord for the overhead fan, but I ignored his advice and got a shock that near sent me through the wall. I did the full juddering all over the place thing, and dare say that my roommate probably saw my skeleton light up like in a cartoon. A very frightening experience but on the plus side the fan came on and stayed on.

Replies From View

To be fair he should have told you the reason.

lgpmachine

Had a few shocks over the years whilst working as an electrician.  Only 230V though, never had a belt off anything three-phase (400V) thankfully.  The first time was when I was reaching under a kitchen cupboard trying to grab a cable that had been installed to supply a plinth heater.  I got hold of it to discover that the other end had already been connected and powered up which gave me a big jolt right down my arm - there's a horrible rushing, fiercely vibrating feeling to an electric shock.  I let go and spent the rest of the day patiently waiting for my heart to go into VF.  I'm off the tools now so the chances of future shocks are greatly reduced.

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 24, 2018, 02:32:05 AM
A couple of weeks ago I got a shock while turning on the tap in the kitchen, presumably static electricity.  Felt about the same as the Christmas lights one and also left 2 little marks on my finger.

Might be worth getting this checked out, has it happened since and were you touching anything electrical at the same time?  A shock from metal work could be a sign of a faulty earth connection somewhere.

royce coolidge

A nice one last year,bulb  wouldn't come free from bayonet fitting,glass shattered,so very little to hang on to,dickhead me thought he had turned it off at switch,got a good belt that made my right cheek ripple,most odd.

Black Ship

This is going to sound weird, but I get static shocks from using a cling film dispenser at work. At the end of the night, you're clingfilming the starters section and then occasionally this jolt just hits you. 

Uncle TechTip

All those metal tables in a kitchen though, I bet you're getting little shocks all the time?

Definitely get that checked out JAYB, for the reasons already given, you shouldn't get a shock like that from static electricity and not from the water pipes.

Black Ship

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on September 24, 2018, 07:54:56 PM
All those metal tables in a kitchen though, I bet you're getting little shocks all the time?

Nope, only from cling film. The metal tables are actually fridges and so are earthed anyway, or wheeled or are on stands and don't make contact with the floor, plus you don't prep food directly on a metal surface, you use a colour-coded cutting board. And plastic-handled similarly coded knives. So no, you don't get electric shocks from the infrastructure.

im barry bethel

Dex Sawash

They didn't translate the voltage to French properly

Isnt Anything