Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What do women want men to be like? (Help a brother out)

Started by The Boston Crab, September 24, 2018, 02:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As a man, I see that there are loads of types of women. I don't mind what they do or what they want to do. I love some, don't like a few and don't mind most. I have to be completely honest and say I don't especially respect anyone just for being a woman  and I have at least as little respect for men, just for being men. On balance, I respect men less than women because I know how terrible men can be from being one myself, and all the women in my family are amazing.

Anyway, some are great, some are shite, most OK is probably a view shared by most women towards men, but there are some who seem to really not like any men and I wonder, like, what's the end of the line for them. What would they like men to be like?

Now, none of these women are oppressing me at all, or not in any way which affects me, so I'm not complaining that they're not happy with men. For once, I'm actually trying to be useful on the Internet. What do women who seem to dislike a lot of men want men to be like? The 'not all men' ironic thing seems to have been devised to make sure that all men are in fact worthy targets, which is clever but again this poses the same question. [size=78%]What are men supposed to be like in these people's eyes? [/size]

Now, in the interests of balance, and men are no doubt worse in my experience, there are plenty of men who seem to not like women at all but I can see that they're usually sexually frustrated and rejected and their hate is easy for me to rationalise. I don't condone it, but I know what they want. It's just displaced sexual frustration. I would really hope that they're a tiny minority but maybe they're not, and maybe that's why some women don't like any men. They are absolutely disgusting wankers but I assumed they're a minority. [size=78%]But even so, what do these women want men to be like?[/size]

I can only think of a few men I look up to: Obama, Alan Watts, Tiger Woods and Animal Collective.

I can think of five women I look up to outside my family: Grouper, Madonna and Serena Williams and two others.

Cuellar

I have to be honest, I'm not looking for advice because I'll never change anything about myself from now on. I'm sorted. I'm just opening it up to the floor so that more progressive people than me can improve themselves and they can have a vision of the future that everyone wants.

pancreas

Quote from: Cuellar on September 24, 2018, 02:33:58 PM
Just be yourself.

He's saying that strategy has failed. He wants another one.

Is PigBants still around? I think this is the sort of issue for which his perspective could be a godsend.

Cuellar

Brundle-Fly

Dry out your t shirts properly after a wash so you don't get that stale water smell. Clean fingernails.

Cuellar

shiftwork2

amnesiac

Is Grouper a woman and Animal Collective a man in the same way French people make things have to be a man or woman?

jobotic

Like me. 'Cos ladies love me, girls adore me, I mean even the ones that never saw me.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 24, 2018, 02:46:10 PM
Dry out your t shirts properly after a wash so you don't get that stale water smell. Clean fingernails.

I honestly think being able to tell the difference between wet and cold is something women are fundamentally better at. I haven't got a clue. I just chuck my clothes on the clothes horse one weekend and take them off to make room for my newly washed clothes a week later

maett

Not sure what they want men to be like but it seems being able to identify a Doctor Who episode from the vaguest description and recall it's broadcast date, actors and quite extensive production notes doesn't rate high.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Cuellar on September 24, 2018, 02:37:47 PM
I think everyone should just try being themselves.

That's a terrible idea, most people are awful.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: maett on September 24, 2018, 02:53:35 PM
Not sure what they want men to be like but it seems being able to identify a Doctor Who episode from the vaguest description and recall it's broadcast date, actors and quite extensive production notes doesn't rate high.

A good knowledge of funk doesn't seem to rate quite highly either, although someone did prod me in the chest and say 'that's quality' a when I was wearing a Mothership Connection t-shirt a Mr Scruff DJ set.

Funcrusher

manticore

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 24, 2018, 02:31:42 PM
there are plenty of men who seem to not like women at all but I can see that they're usually sexually frustrated and rejected and their hate is easy for me to rationalise. I don't condone it, but I know what they want. It's just displaced sexual frustration.

Don't believe Elliot Rodger!

QDRPHNC

I'd say women prefer men who are honest (don't waste their time), mature (take no for an answer and don't pester them for sex) and have integrity (do what they say they're going to do).

Large Noise

Quotethere are some who seem to really not like any men and I wonder, like, what's the end of the line for them. What would they like men to be like?

These are extremely online types and nothing they say online should be taken too seriously. I've had female friends of this sort. You know what they like in men? Square jaws, flat stomachs, good hair, a sense of humour, confidence... Basically exactly the same shit that every woman who isn't online talking about toxic masculinity also likes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You know when a cat wants you to be there then wants you to fuck off. Some are a bit like that.

Some obviously want you to live in their anus, which is great.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 24, 2018, 03:26:14 PM
I'd say women prefer men who are honest (don't waste their time), mature (take no for an answer and don't pester them for sex) and have integrity (do what they say they're going to do).

Boring answer but I think that sounds about right. That's also what I look for in a woman once I have plundered their cavities with my mighty phallus , at least I could deal with other issues being sub-optimal as long as those were there.

Cuellar

QDRPHNC

rasta-spouse

I always use what I call the A.I. rule. Be a bit more like Jude Law, and a bit less like Haley Joel Osment. Oh, and don't have candida.

Buelligan

I can't speak for women.  Let me start off by saying that.

As you may realise, I'm a bit obsessive.  If I'm interested in a thing, I have to study every aspect, watch everything, stare at it and think about it to death. 

Anyway, recently, I think following my WWI obsession, I found myself drifting towards the recent history of Ireland (it was the Black and Tans that bridged me there) and eventually, that brought me to The Troubles.  So I've been watching loads of docs, from every side of the conflict, on that subject. 

OK, we're getting to the nub now, so, I was watching something that featured Billy Wright, a Loyalist murderer (to put it mildly), most likely a far-right, sexist, racist with no regard for others whatsoever, mad, in a bad way, appalling taste in clothing and jewelery, probably never had a motorbike in his life and, even more serious, he's now dead and I found myself thinking, mmm, definitely would.  So that's what this woman wants men to be like, at least currently, someone who they've never met and does not exist.

bgmnts

The opposite of whatever I am. Whatever I do or say, do the opposite and you'll be up to your navel in lady parts.

Wet Blanket

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 24, 2018, 03:26:14 PM

If this were the case why do unreliable, immature, sex-addicted love-rats do so well in life?

Women want just the same as men want; someone attractive who's fun to be around. They can work on making you into a serviceable husband/father if needs be at some later date. 

Outside of serious stuff like #MeToo, a lot of the supposed hostility you see on Twitter or wherever is just the standard "boys are annoying" venting, and men do the exact same thing online too, only women tend to retweet such observations with "This is so me! :-D" while men seem to get the hump and start far-right protest movements.

Cuellar

Quote from: Wet Blanket on September 24, 2018, 04:30:58 PM
If this were the case why do unreliable, immature, sex-addicted love-rats do so well in life?

Do they? Maybe materially (sometimes). But their souls are damned.