Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who go to parties where there is music, how do you dance?

Started by thehay95, September 26, 2018, 12:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehay95

Do you lift your legs up or just dance with your arms? And how do you not bump into people? I haven't been to a party since June but I really struggled with the dancing. Do you have a LOLRANDOM style of dancing?

Personally I far prefer dancing to having to talk to people at parties. Just can't be bothered a lot of the time and can't present myself as the kind of person that people at parties are interested in.

thenoise

Take advice from 'you dancin? You Askin?' From the Adam and joe book. Namely, copying some other cool dudes hot moves until they look over st you, switch to non-commital nodding for a bit, then copy someone else.

shiftwork2

Bhazor

I'll do this in the middle of the room

Then wait for suitable partner to approach and commence docking at the appropriate end.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I do the Kate Bush Wuthering Heights dance, the only actual dance i can do. It works in every dance-based context, nightclub, ballroom, hoedown, ceilidh, those weird dancing gangs out West Side Story and that, everything. You'd think it doesn't but it actually does. Don't worry about kicking people or slapping them in the face by accident, they just haven't cottoned on to your moves yet - thry'll get there eventually.

Uncle TechTip

I dance like I'm delicately shaking out a duster or cloth, once to the left, once to the right, repeat all night.

Kryton

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: thehay95 on September 26, 2018, 12:22:54 AM
Do you lift your legs up or just dance with your arms? And how do you not bump into people? I haven't been to a party since June but I really struggled with the dancing. Do you have a LOLRANDOM style of dancing?

Personally I far prefer dancing to having to talk to people at parties. Just can't be bothered a lot of the time and can't present myself as the kind of person that people at parties are interested in.

If you have to ask how to dance to the music well then the music is not telling you to dance.

https://youtu.be/m4oQFqVfBxU

Put that on, as soon as the drums kick, you'll be away. If you have to play it in your own head, so be it. I always have to do that if I want to dance.

Cuellar

bgmnts

If I were ever in a party dancing scenario, I think I would opt for a more freestyle approach. Lot of moving of feet and hips, bad for the joints but good for the soul.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I have never learned to dance to music I don't like. Dancing is an expression of happiness so it feels the most insincere thing to dance to some piece of shit tune that makes you feel nothing. If you don't feel like dancing even to music you do like, I wouldn't feel obliged either.

king_tubby

thenoise

Quote from: Cuellar on September 26, 2018, 07:13:00 AM
I floss

Every time I flossed in public someone has come up to me and joined in. So far only middle aged dads who learned it from their kids, but maybe the next one will be a sophisticated lady??

Cuellar

Middle-aged dad is pretty much the only demographic willing to floss in public, sorry.

Neville Chamberlain

I do the "standing in the corner with a beer and looking moody" dance.

Buelligan

Dance like Theresa May.  Love like you don't even know what it means.  And floss.

thraxx

I fucking hate dancing. I refused to do a first dance at my wedding, which some people found upsetting. This pleased me greatly.

I think even the word dancing should be banned and replaced with something more suitable. Let's call it what it is: advanced moving.

I don't dance for anyone. I (sometimes) dance with my daughter.

thenoise

Quote from: Cuellar on September 26, 2018, 09:15:05 AM
Middle-aged dad is pretty much the only demographic willing to floss in public, sorry.

Shit!

Not quite true though, as it is d finitely very popular with boys under 10.

thenoise

thraxx- I hope you stood stationary with a smug grin on your face, whil your new wife danced awkwardly around you. Or maybe you stayed propped up by the bar while your wife did a solo number Jeremy off of peep show style 'solid as a rock'. Either way you sound like a complete hashtag ledge.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The people who never dance or if they have done so awkwardly and mechanically in order to fit in:

Have you ever just jumped around on the bed to a great piece of music?

That's dancing. I can understand why you wouldn't dance like that in public but that's legit dancing. All that co-ordinated stuff is only worth it if you properly love that piece of music, otherwise it's just showing off.

This is fine, this person is having fun. White, obviously but no-one's perfect.

king_tubby

The only time I dance is when I'm hammered so I don't care too much what I look like. Like a total fucking idiot I would imagine.

I think I tried to cop John Lydon's slightly ironic early-PIL era reggae skank at one stage, not that anyone would would recognise it from my own drunken flailing.

Even when drunk I just can't bring myself to 'dance sexy', it just seems so cheesy and crap.

thenoise

Nothing more irritating than dancing cunts who assume that people who aren't dancing are somehow repressed and would just dance like everybody else if they would just relax enough.

No, the only reason 99% of people dance is because everybody else does and they want to fit in.  Including you, you dancing cunt.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think some of them are actually having fun tbh, more than 1%

Much as I spurn them as I would spurn a rabid dog

Norton Canes

Why would I dance at a party? I go to parties to talk to people. If I want to dance I'll attend a discotheque.

FredNurke

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 26, 2018, 02:14:43 PM
The people who never dance or if they have done so awkwardly and mechanically in order to fit in:

Have you ever just jumped around on the bed to a great piece of music?

No.