Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:08:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Time For A Killing Eve Thread, Innit ?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, September 27, 2018, 02:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've seen one Oxford scene where Her Who Plays Villanelle, playing Villanelle, approaches Eve's hubby and says to him in her convincing Russian accent " You look like someone stuck a moustache on some fudge ", or something.
That line is FUCKING RUBBISH.

Suki Bapswent

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 14, 2019, 03:44:39 PM
Series 2 is shit.

Incorrect. SEASON (get it right) 2 is great! Perhaps not quite as good as 1, but it's idiocy to call it "shit". Loads of great moments, and Eve's husband's storyline is particularly compelling. The season actually gets better as it goes on, and if people didn't know that Phoebe posh double-barrel didn't write it, they probably wouldn't have had such a hipster reaction.

Alberon

Mrs Alberon didn't like the last episode of the second season so much but I did.

The third season has another new showrunner which is a little bit of a concern. I've no idea how closely, if at all, the show is following the source material.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on June 15, 2019, 07:22:21 PM
Incorrect. SEASON (get it right) 2 is great! Perhaps not quite as good as 1, but it's idiocy to call it "shit". Loads of great moments, and Eve's husband's storyline is particularly compelling. The season actually gets better as it goes on, and if people didn't know that Phoebe posh double-barrel didn't write it, they probably wouldn't have had such a hipster reaction.

I didn't know that she did or didn't - or really who she is.
I did, however, watch it all and formed my own conclusion based on that.

Glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was shit.
Neither of these reactions is "incorrect".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Her Who Plays Villanelle is fit as fuck though, isn't she ? Can't we all agree on that ?

Crabwalk

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on June 15, 2019, 07:22:21 PM

Shove your 'season' up your evepipe.

Crabwalk

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 15, 2019, 10:43:14 PM
Her Who Plays Villanelle is fit as fuck though, isn't she ? Can't we all agree on that ?

Good one. Really loving this schtick.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 16, 2019, 01:08:50 AM
Good one. Really loving this schtick.

She's dead good at accents too !!!!!
I'm really pleased with my Her Who Plays Villanelle routine, it's attracted quite the cult following, and is one of CaB's more popular memes. In fact , I'm thinking of starting another forum, also called CaB ( " Comer's A Babe " ).

DrGreggles

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

DrGreggles

Villanelle is the worst evil baddy name since Darth Plagueis.

It's not the worst thing on TV, but that Julian Barratt episode I just watched was a low point. Like something from The League Gentlemen.

Bently Sheds

Voiceover: "She looks like she's going to stab me!"
/gets stabbed, looks to camera
"Told you."

kalowski

To camera: "Ooh, a hard 12 inches inside me. That's got to hurt."

neveragain

This series should just go balls-to-the-wall ridiculous (and an in-character cameo like that would help).

I feel it works best when going a bit daft but this never gels with the tense dramatic important-BBC-show atmosphere they want to build up. Don't get me wrong (don't!), I'd love it if they could make an authentically good drama about the two main characters. But they seem unable to do so without getting sloppy and silly, so they might as well go with that.

Viero_Berlotti

Enjoyed Series 1, it felt like a refreshing and exciting take on a tired genre.

Series 2 is far too pleased with itself though, it's making me feel sick now.