Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The “This’ll be shit, I reckon” thread

Started by mothman, September 29, 2018, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 27, 2019, 05:44:25 AM
Mature ladies want to be cheerleaders, lol

https://youtu.be/Sv89kRmoSlg
Yes! Any film with a comedy audition scene is an instant BONDOV CLASSIC

kalowski

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: kalowski on May 12, 2019, 05:06:04 PM
The Rocketman looks utterly dreadful.

Especially the part where the phrase 'fat boy' is uttered by the fairly slim Taron Egerton.

mothman

I've only today become aware of gender-swapped Bedtime Story/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels remake The Hustle (REALLY original, unique title there) otherwise it'd have made this thread before. Bit late now, people have seen it and confirmed it's shit.

Gulftastic

Quote from: mothman on May 12, 2019, 05:54:12 PM
I've only today become aware of gender-swapped Bedtime Story/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels remake The Hustle (REALLY original, unique title there) otherwise it'd have made this thread before. Bit late now, people have seen it and confirmed it's shit.

Hollywood's obsession with Rebel Wilson continues to mystify me. Her over-use was big part of why Pitch Perfect 2 & 3 were so fucking awful. I bet this film is the same.

olliebean

Quote from: mothman on May 12, 2019, 05:54:12 PM

The director was good as Ollie in The Thick of It, though.

mothman

Quote from: olliebean on May 12, 2019, 10:32:41 PM
The director was good as Ollie in The Thick of It, though.

HE directed this?! Fuck.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 12, 2019, 06:43:45 PM
Hollywood's obsession with Rebel Wilson continues to mystify me. Her over-use was big part of why Pitch Perfect 2 & 3 were so fucking awful. I bet this film is the same.

Whenever I think of Rebel Wilson, I think of that clip that was used to promote one of her movies; hanging from a wire and accidentally exposing herself.  "Haha. Look at the fat girl.  She's fat and therefore repulsive".  Fat shaming at its worst.

Icehaven

There's some film out at the moment in which the whole premise is the absurdity of Seth Rogan and Charlize Theron getting together, can't even remember what it's called but it looks dreadful. But the worst thing about it is the pair of them were on BBC Breakfast last week and the interviewer asked them who was the funniest out of the two of them, and Rogan actually sat there and laughed that horrible, horrible awkward fake laugh he does where his face doesn't move at all and said ''Well, I am a professional comedy writer!'' or something like that, and even if it was supposed to be slightly ironic or something it didn't sound like it was, it just sounded like he meant it, which truth be told I think he did. 

Quote from: icehaven on May 13, 2019, 08:48:07 AM
There's some film out at the moment in which the whole premise is the absurdity of Seth Rogan and Charlize Theron getting together, can't even remember what it's called but it looks dreadful. But the worst thing about it is the pair of them were on BBC Breakfast last week and the interviewer asked them who was the funniest out of the two of them, and Rogan actually sat there and laughed that horrible, horrible awkward fake laugh he does where his face doesn't move at all and said ''Well, I am a professional comedy writer!'' or something like that, and even if it was supposed to be slightly ironic or something it didn't sound like it was, it just sounded like he meant it, which truth be told I think he did.

Long Shot's actually alright. The story is unbelievable and it completely collapses in on itself by the end, but it's really funny and well worth a watch.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" Long Shot" ? Not "Knocked Up", having slipped through a time portal from 12 years ago?

Icehaven

Coming to the last remaining cinema near you in 2030; Seth Rogan and Chloe Grace Moretz in ''Not In a Million Grandpa. Oh Go On then.''

Shaky

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 12, 2019, 06:43:45 PM

I'm still amazed she won a high profile case against some newspaper, claiming they'd detrimentally affected her career by revealing her real age. Wilson can barely play the exact same role in all her movies, which would seem to me to be the real reason Hollywood isn't hiring her as much as she'd like. She's downright embarrassing next to proper comic talent like Tina Fey, Kristen Wiig etc.

kalowski

Dex Sawash

Downton Abbey; The Movie
No need for trailer link, I think

Gulftastic

A UK tv spin off.

It better feature the whole cast going on holiday together, with hilarious consequences, or it can get to fuck.

In fact, scratch that. It can just get to fuck.

Icehaven

St_Eddie

Quote from: Blumf on September 29, 2018, 01:31:37 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hood_(2018_film)
Did ya pick up on that?? Relationship drama mate. Loads of it! But we're being subtle about it, like.

Still not convinced?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebFl8MJ_XC8

Why does that opening bit look like a modern day battle scene? Ooooooh, I get it! Mind. Blown.

I caught this on a flight recently. The opening bit was the best bit, by a long way, even if they did call in an artillery strike at one point ...

I think my disbelief was hung, drawn and quartered when there's a chase scene through an iron works.

Quote from: Goldentony on December 13, 2018, 03:47:24 PM
Parts of Aquaman were fantastic and reminded me of mad, pulpy bright 50's and 60's B level adventure films, and when it ran with that and just embraced the fact it was a film about fish guy it was a lot of fun as it's genuinely quite hard to take a film about Dolph Lundgren, Insidious and Willem DaFoe riding about on underwater seahorses dressed like samurai's and vikings at all seriously, but all that shit is presented as straight forward as possible and it's great for doing so. Perfect example, the fucking discussion where they're on about Insidious becoming the

"OCEAN MASTER"

Not the fucking king of the ocean, or LORD AQUATIUS or whatever, fucking OCEAN MASTER. People go about in this and say THE OCEAN MASTER with a straight face and it's amazing.

Problem is Aquaman, and the overall atmosphere. They tried so hard to make Aquaman a 'cool guy' that it went full circle and became the full inverse of what classic Aquaman is, so instead of someone looking like they're one of Paul Revere & The Raiders doing something outside the box he looks like the vocalist of a 2005 metal festival sub headliner and talks like an utter wanker. I get that this is a casualty of basically everything DC have done so far and part of that "EVERYONE HAS TO BE DEADPOOL OR STAR LORD GUY NOW" which is why it's bright, full of jokes and whatever else instead of Superman launching new borns into a fireplace and going "sorry love rules is rules". Some jokes, great, light heartedness, great, telling the fearsome guardian of the golden trident ''SCREW YOU!" - mental.

Probably as good as an Aquaman film had any right to be. Cut out all of the Beetle costume guy stuff and it's a good laugh.

caught this on the same flight.

agree entirely - half the film is this day-glo, rock opera, the other half is gruff people talking gruffly. And then a load of CGI. Cheers.

Piggyoioi

Anyone check out the trailer for Ad Astra? On paper it sounds like my kind of film but the trailer just left me cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6AaSMfXHbA

I reckon it will be shit.

mothman

I see what you mean about the trailer.

Calling it now: It's all in his mind just as he dies from falling off that thing, what is it, some sort of space elevator? So, Jacob's Ladder In Space. Because he literally falls off something that looks like a ladder to the heavens...

mothman

Guardian review of MiB Intl is pretty damning. But on the positive side, here's Barry Sonnenfeld and Vincent D'Onofrio talking about the latter's part in the first film:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/vincent-donofrios-men-in-black-a-sugar-water-oral-history.html

johnlogan

Is this the thread to discuss Men In Black: International?

If so, yes, it was remarkably shite.

mothman

johnlogan

In that case, I could see it maybe being passable for the under-10s, but it's incredibly paint-by-numbers stuff.

That said, there's a fair bit of innuendo, more than any of the earlier films. Although nothing overly extreme, it's just in case your daughter is very young.

mothman

johnlogan

In that case, nothing to worry about, apart from how poor it is.

Even at 2 hours, it's about 40 minutes too long, but still, at least it's not an hour too long?