Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:07:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The “This’ll be shit, I reckon” thread

Started by mothman, September 29, 2018, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: olliebean on January 26, 2021, 10:12:12 PM
More to the point, do they not think generation Z are capable of turning their iPhones sideways to watch a landscape format video?

To be fair, judging by the number of YouTube videos shot and uploaded by them, they are not.

rjd2

BritishHobo

I like that the third act seems to be made up entirely of her pointing different weapons at him while he goes 'cor blimey, that are you gonna do with that?!'

Povidone

Ok had to look her up (fnarr, wurble etc)... playing herself in this by the looks of things?

Quote from: rjd2 on January 28, 2021, 10:37:34 PM

"Look dear I've made some more money! Why don't you go and make a film with some of it"

QuoteLouise Linton is a Scottish actress

Really? It would explain the bizarre array of accents on display in that trailer.

Bad Ambassador

A vanity project by someone who thought Patrick Bateman was supposed to be a hero. Also really liked how all the captions come from an online meme generator.

Dex Sawash

LAND

Starring Robin Wright. Directed by Robin Wright.
From acclaimed actress Robin Wright comes her directorial debut LAND, the poignant story of one woman's search for meaning in the vast and harsh American wilderness. Edee (Wright), in the aftermath of an unfathomable event, finds herself unable to stay connected to the world she once knew and in the face of that uncertainty, retreats to the magnificent, but unforgiving, wilds of the Rockies. After a local hunter (Demián Bichir) brings her back from the brink of death, she must find a way to live again.

Icehaven

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 04, 2021, 04:21:53 PM
LAND

From acclaimed actress Robin Wright comes her directorial debut LAND, the poignant story of one woman's search for meaning in the vast and harsh American wilderness. Edee (Wright), in the aftermath of an unfathomable event, finds herself unable to stay connected to the world she once knew and in the face of that uncertainty, retreats to the magnificent, but unforgiving, wilds of the Rockies. After a local hunter (Demián Bichir) brings her back from the brink of death, she must find a way to live again.

And I bet you don't find out what the 'unfathomable event' is until the 3rd act, and it'll almost definitely be a dead child/husband/entire family.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 04, 2021, 04:21:53 PM
LAND

From acclaimed actress Robin Wright
Let me rewrite your tagline "From the star of Forrest Gump! A life-affirming movie about a woman who didn't know when to stop!"

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: icehaven on February 04, 2021, 07:58:56 PM
And I bet you don't find out what the 'unfathomable event' is until the 3rd act, and it'll almost definitely be a dead child/husband/entire family.
In a twist nobody saw coming, it turns out she killed them all and is in the wilderness because she's hiding out from the authorities.

At the end, she also murders the hunter chap (with his own gun or bow and arrow) when he finally susses her out. 

Rizla

Quote from: rjd2 on January 28, 2021, 10:37:34 PM
Louise Linton new film...who you say?

She's the 'skinny white Muzungu with long angel hair'.

Custard

Do you think M Night cries himself to sleep some nights? He was being touted as the new Hitchcock 20 years ago, now he's barely the old Jordan Peele

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: batwings on February 08, 2021, 08:10:29 AM
New from M. Night Shyamalan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1m-WogYeg&feature=emb_title
Is this some sort of "what's America's biggest nightmare? Getting old!" thought process? Haven't they seen Benjamin Button, getting young is much scarier. Improbably rapid aging seems to be everywhere at the moment.

Quote from: Shameless Custard on February 08, 2021, 08:49:08 AM
Do you think M Night cries himself to sleep some nights? He was being touted as the new Hitchcock 20 years ago, now he's barely the old Jordan Peele
It was funny when everyone quite liked Split and then he released a sequel called Glass spinning off a whole cinematic universe and everyone decided he was shit again.

Phil_A

It's kind of hilarious how anyone could instantly predict what the film is about based on the title, and then you watch the trailer and it is exactly what you would think it would be.

WHAT IF GOT OLD...BUT QUICK??

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: icehaven on February 04, 2021, 07:58:56 PM
I hope it's a weird bird-based apocalypse like in "The Falls".

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: batwings on February 08, 2021, 08:10:29 AM
New from M. Night Shyamalan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1m-WogYeg&feature=emb_title

Haha, genuinely looks like a comedy parody of an M. Night Shyamalan film

Also, this comment

QuoteThe way the mom says "you were 6 y.o. this morning" like she's not really shocked but mildly irritated

Bad Ambassador

Cuellar

When he said his shorts were tight I thought it was going to be about a kid with a massive plonker

Gulftastic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Cuellar on February 08, 2021, 03:22:20 PM
When he said his shorts were tight I thought it was going to be about a kid with a massive plonker
I thought Gulftastic's video was going to be this.

mothman

Quote from: Cuellar on February 08, 2021, 03:22:20 PM

... with a twist at the end of it. This is M. Night, after all.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: mothman on February 08, 2021, 09:37:01 PM
... with a twist at the end of it. This is M. Night, after all.

Been missing seeing  those troopers march past

dissolute ocelot

Anti-Life, an Alien rip-off featuring Bruce Willis on a spaceship, seems to have crept near-silently towards whatever passes for a release these days. Cath Clarke in the Guardian certainly doesn't like it.

It would be nice if a good Bruce Willis film was still possible (I know some people liked Looper, 2012, but I wasn't too impressed by the idea that Joseph Gordon-Lewitt could play the young Bruce, or anything else that passed for an idea in the film; it was no better than Trancers and tbh worse than Timecop. Still seems a million times better than this one.)

St_Eddie

Hand Solo

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 10, 2021, 06:46:48 PM
Ah, yes.  That recent Bruce Willis film from 1995.

In 2035, James Cole is a prisoner living in an underground compound beneath Philadelphia.

Custard

Surrogates from 2009 was quite good. But yeah, his recent CV is laughably bad

mothman

There really needs to be a "What the FUCK has Bruce Willis done to his career?" thread.

El Unicornio, mang

It's kind of awful, although tbf he's still doing better than probably 99% of actors (or the general public really, particularly in the current climate). It just looks bad compared to what he was doing 30 odd years ago.

He's still a likeable presence and it's not like he's gone Robert De Niro bad. He just quietly entered the "band that used to be good" stage of his career.